Start by marking “Fairview Felines: A Newspaper Mystery” as Want to Read:
Fairview Felines: A Newspaper Mystery

Fairview Felines: A Newspaper Mystery

Thomas Weston has newspaper ink in his veins. Not only that but he also has funny headlines running through his brain 24/7. If he can convince the principal at Fairview Middle School he has what it takes, maybe, just maybe, he'll be able to make his dream of a school newspaper come true. But first he has to figure out why all the cats in Fairview are vanishing!
Published October 1st 2010 by Tire Swing Books

To ask other readers questions about Fairview Felines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairview Felines

Stephanie
Jul 07, 2015 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Thomas Weston was born to be a reporter. He’s practically grown up in the newsroom of the local paper where his mother is editor. So when he suggests a school paper for his middle school, he’s disappointed to learn the principal isn’t going to give him the editor position without holding a contest… whoever submits the best article will be named editor. The perfect idea for an article arises when all of the cats go missing in Fairview, including his own cat, Web, and his best friend’s cat. Now Th ...more
Robert Kent
Oct 12, 2010 Robert Kent rated it it was amazing
An excellent book usually has an excellent opening. Here are the opening lines from Fairview Felines: Dead people, corrupt politicians, stupid burglars and your basic mischief and mayhem are what newspapers are all about. And to tell the truth, I wanted in on it. What a swell opening. It hooks the reader, introduces us to the crux of the main character, and sets the tone for the story we’re about to read. That’s quite an accomplishment for two sentences.

In this case, ‘I’ refers to Thomas Weston,
StorySeekers
Aug 03, 2012 StorySeekers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 07-to-12-2012
Fairview Felines was probably one of my favorite middle grade mystery books. The main character, Thomas, just hooks you into the story. The mystery of the story, which is about missing neighborhood cats, is simple but such fun to figure out who is doing the crime. You get a list of suspects who could be stealing the cats, like a neighborhood crazy old man, a science teacher, or even

What I really liked about this book was that the story just flowed. Another thing I liked about the story was the c
Melissa ♥ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf
This little gem has it all. A witty male protagonist who aspires to be a newspaper journalist, a fun mystery, loads of kooky suspects and best of all...Cats!

Corriel's writing style and pace are perfect for this cute Middle Grade mystery which I raced through in a couple of hours. The mystery and the interactions between the kids and the adults are very well written.

And I promise that you'll adore Thomas, our main character and narrator. His voice is believable and humorous. He's clever and funn
Sydney
Jan 07, 2012 Sydney added it
Cute middle-grade mystery--and there aren't enough of those. You can read an interview I did with the author on the Mixed Up Files blog here: http://www.fromthemixedupfiles.com/?s...
Rajendra Gupta
Rajendra Gupta rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2016
Michele
Michele rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
Cynthia First
Cynthia First rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2015
Stephanie Pitman
Stephanie Pitman rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Kristina Pino
Kristina Pino rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2014
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Harlow Poteete
Harlow Poteete marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2013
Mak
Mak marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2013
Raine
Raine marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2012
Susan Phelan
Susan Phelan marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2012
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2011
Sam Farmer
Sam Farmer rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2011
Briana
Briana marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2011
Jacqueline Houtman
Jacqueline Houtman marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2010
Michele Corriel
Michele Corriel rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2010
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2010
Bub
Bub rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2010
Bonnie Doerr
Bonnie Doerr marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2010