Pack (The Pack, #1)

Pack (The Pack #1)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  11 reviews
[Siren Allure ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance] Despite being different, Zacky has maintained a strict level of denial, although his inability to digest anything but meat, preferably raw meat, is impossible to hide or deny. His puritanical and violent father controls him with religion and fear, and he leads a quiet, lonely life. After his twenty-first birthda...more
Published (first published July 22nd 2010)

Damon Suede
It will seem hokey to say that this book has a helluva bite, but it is true.

I'm kinda over vampires. Thanks to La Meyers mawkish Twilit piffle, vampires are pretty much sparkly underwear models at this point. Most paranormal authors seem to have forgotten that they actually, uhh, drink BLOOD and attack people. It's a shame because since Mr. Stoker did his inventing a century ago, the Vampire has had a healthy unLife on the page and stage. But with the paranormal boom of the past decade, the unde...more
Nicole
Okay, I was shocked by now little I enjoyed this book. I mean, I knew after a few paragraphs that the writing would be inelegant, but the idea was good, so I thought it would reach at least a 4 for me. This is because I read it based on Damon Suede's enthusiastic 5-star review. It did not.

But first, the good. The idea was original enough to be interesting. And the sex started out really good. What the bad guy did was actually bad, which is nice. And Finnish vikings!

Now, the rest. I love sex in m...more
Alana
What to say, surprisingly complex and interesting story but not sure about the ending. Not sure if this was meant to be the start of a series? But did enjoy it and will look for this author again.
Cat
I wanted to like 'The Pact' more than I did. The idea is original and you can really tell that the author wasn't trying to rush or not include plot.

In the end though, there were huge things I enjoyed and huge things I didn't which is why my rating was right in the middle.

PROS:
- instead of relying solely on the standard vampire or werewolf myths, the Pact is an odd species that incorporates myths from both species
- even considering there the whole 'mate' theme, the characters still struggled with...more
Symphaty
I love werewolf stories i love vamp ones too but i dont think i liked them mixed up...
I think story could be a good one but its story telling is actually wrong and incomplete at some parts.
For example our little werevamp starts to crave blood but whenever he drinks from his mate he escapes the scene without asking his mate what the hell they are and why he wants to drink blood so 1/3 of the story he cant learn what he is...
And our little werevamps best friend ohh joyy!!!
He nearly pukes on the fl...more
Pack: not werewolves, not vampires, just annoying. This was a real struggle to get through because one of the main characters, Zacky, was such a pain. He was supposed to be 21 but acted 12. The main problem was the repetitiveness of the interactions between Zacky and his mate Tyler. In particular, Zacky's strict upbringing and it's impact on their relationship was labored to death. The book needed some judicious editing, because the premise of the Pack was interesting.
Meggie
The plot is good and it keeps you drawn till the end. The main couple, Zacky and Tyler, are good together. I liked them.

Recommended.
Rose
Loved this book! I would love to read more from this author. However, I couldn't find anymore of her published work.
Hc Lynn
Only got 60 pages in, could not get into at all just too weird without enough explanation to get my interest
TracyG.
May 13, 2013 TracyG. rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
It was ok I guess but not great. A lot I struggled to get my head round.
Jeydaa
I enjoyed the book. A lot.
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Lise Ovesen
Lise Ovesen marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Ross
Ross marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Kimberley
Kimberley marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Gosia
Gosia marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Feb 09, 2014
Ria
Ria marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
My mother likes to boast that I was reading at the age of three. I'm not sure if that's strictly true but my childhood memories are mostly of being indoors with a book of some description. I distinctly remember having a Ladybird copy (English young children's books) of Dracula so I think my tastes were set quite early. Like a friend once said, while other young girls wanted to be ballerinas, I kin...more
More about Teya Martin...
Rogue (The Pack, #2) Alpha (The Pack, #3 ) Blue Blue (Siren Publishing Classic Manlove)