Start by marking “Living Through the Meantime: Learning to Break the Patterns of the Past and Beg” as Want to Read:
Living Through the Meantime: Learning to Break the Patterns of the Past and Beg

Living Through the Meantime: Learning to Break the Patterns of the Past and Beg

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  341 ratings  ·  17 reviews
From the host of the OWN TV show, Iyanla: Fix My Life, the companion workbook to Iyanla Vanzant’s #1 New York Times bestseller In the Meantime provides an easy, step-by-step program to help you begin the healing process after facing adversity.

Are you in the Meantime?

Are you confused, angry, disappointed, frustrated, anxious, apprehensive, sorry for yourself, or g
Published March 17th 2002 by Touchstone (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Living Through the Meantime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living Through the Meantime

Brent
This books is very timely since I am coming off a long and painful relationship. Many self awareness truism like:

When we forget that God loves us, we strike out in search of a human lover to fulfill our needs to be loved.

Acknowledge your feeling by saying:
I forgive myself if my perception is inaccurate but right now I am feeling ______

That’s what surrender is all about – simply stop doing things that make you miserable, crazy, unhappy, self hating and neurotic. When you stop abusing yourself in
Nxotyeni
This book allowed me the skill to be able to move on from a 'VALLEY'. To be able to acknowledge my feelings/emotions, live with them, get rid of them, and ultimately move on. Praising my God all the way.
Soul-jurney
Oct 03, 2008 Soul-jurney marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Have loved her other books so this one will surely add growth
Melissa
THIS BOOK WAS INCREDIBLE!!

I've been going through A LOT this past year, with the past few months being roughest; hence why I picked up this book. The title, "Living Through the Meantime" caught my eye because I needed help doing just that; living. Too, the subtitle describes exactly what I'm going through. My astonishment grew with every page turn!

I love all the self-help reads but this book hit a soft spot. It is so inspiring, helpful & motivational. Not only that-it's to the point. No su
Mahinn
Not crazy about her style. She tends to be a little over the top, bordering on hysterical at times. But there is no doubt about her ability to walk you to the core of matters and push you in front of a mirror you need to look into. If you need help, start with yourself. And she shows you how.
Meems
Jul 22, 2009 Meems marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I am currently in the middle of unfolding a lot of dirty laundry.
Candace LoveLife
I'm only in the beginning of this book but sense it will be a great read. Self emprovement and motivation is what I sense from this read and I'm so ready to take on LIVING THROUGH THE MEANTIME
Cece Henry-lewis
This book opened my mind. I shifted the focus from "they" to "me". I made me become accountable. And break the chains off my mind and spirit.
M. Joseph Murphy
Companion to In the Meantime with several helpful additional exercises. If you only buy on of the set, get In the Meantime. But if you are still in the meantime like I was this book can help you terrifically.
Beth E
I loved the analogy of the house, as it gave an excellent picture of developing a strong, stable core foundation. Only once the foundation is solid, can a structure be established on top of it. Here's to cleaning house!
Erotic Horizon
Living Through the Meantime : Learning to Break the Patterns of the Past and Begin the Healing Process by Iyanla Vanzant (2001)
Lydia Nkutha
First time reading her book, it was not bad. It took me a while to finish it. I prefer watching her show.
Zafirah Muhammad
we all find ourselves in the meantime at one time or another. this book helps you get to the other side.
Joyce
A good book for when you need help copeing.
Suzanne
Great emotional work. I've done this book twice.
Teira
THE BEST BOOK I EVER READ
Ivan
Ivan marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Chandra Perkins
Chandra Perkins marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Lyndsie
Lyndsie marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Jihan Davis
Jihan Davis marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Holly Wood
Holly Wood marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Michael Lewis
Michael Lewis marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Jaime Lee
Jaime Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Lordmontez84
Lordmontez84 marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Trina Hardy
Trina Hardy marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
  • The Unmistakable Touch of Grace: How to Recognize and Respond to the Spiritual Signposts in Your Life
  • Choosing ME Before WE
  • The Ten Things to Do When Your Life Falls Apart: An Emotional and Spiritual Handbook
  • Invisible Acts of Power: Channeling Grace in Your Everyday Life
  • What Was I Thinking?: 58 Bad Boyfriend Stories
  • The Purpose of Boys: Helping Our Sons Find Meaning, Significance, and Direction in Their Lives
  • Five Wishes: How Answering One Simple Question Can Make Your Dreams Come True
  • The Power of Resilience: Achieving Balance, Confidence, and Personal Strength in Your Life
  • Emotional Freedom: Liberate Yourself from Negative Emotions and Transform Your Life
  • The EFT Manual
  • Emotional Sobriety: From Relationship Trauma to Resilience and Balance
  • Toxic Friends: The Antidote for Women Stuck in Complicated Friendships
  • A Resilient Life: You Can Move Ahead No Matter What
  • The Triple Bind: Saving Our Teenage Girls from Today's Pressures (Hardcover)
  • The Resilience Factor: 7 Keys to  Finding Your Inner Strength and Overcoming Life's Hurdles
  • Strange Brains and Genius: The Secret Lives Of Eccentric Scientists And Madmen
  • How to Break Your Addiction to a Person
  • Glad No Matter What: Transforming Loss and Change into Gift and Opportunity
In Peace From Broken Pieces New York Times best-selling author Iyanla Vanzant she recounts the last decade of her life and the spiritual lessons learnedfrom the price of success during her meteoric rise as a TV celebrity on Oprah, the Iyanla TV show (produced by Barbara Walters), to the dissolution of her marriage and her daughters 15 months of illness and death on Christmas day. Like a phoenix ri ...more
More about Iyanla Vanzant...
In the Meantime: Finding Yourself and the Love You Want One Day My Soul Just Opened Up: 40 Days and 40 Nights Toward Spiritual Strength and Personal Growth Yesterday, I Cried Peace from Broken Pieces Acts of Faith: Daily Meditations for People of Color