The Six-Figure Second Income: How to Start and Grow a Successful Online Business Without Quitting Your Day Job

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Proven methods for building an online income streamYou don't have to quit your current job, or already have piles of money, or be 24 years old, or riding a booming economy, in order to start a successful online business. ""

"The Six-Figure Second Income" explains how to start or grow a business even when you think you have plenty of strikes against you.

In the course of buil...more
Published August 5th 2010 by John Wiley & Sons (first published July 30th 2010)

Eden
Feb 13, 2013 Eden rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Marketers and anyone interested in starting an online business
5 stars

I want you to have a deeper awareness of the astonishing opportunity for profit all around you.

The Six-Figure Second Income is the first book of its kind I have read and I am pleased that I decided to do so – the book delivers what is promises and goes deeply into detail on how one can generate a successful income by creating an information product (report, e-book...) and selling it online.

David Lindahl and Jonathan Rozek start the book by dismissing some of the usual misconceptions (or f...more
Liz Bits
I've been getting to work on renewing my website and turning it into a more meaningful site for my readers and potentially into an second source of income once I have completed its refresh.

I've been getting my hands dirty reading and learning as much as I can to help me be effective in realizing my vision. Obviously, I came across this book because the title matched my objective to a T.

Lindahl & Rozek have prepared a very good tool for anyone who is quite new to building websites and they pr...more
Richard Sparks
It's not clear from the title, but this book is about creating information products such as e-books and selling them online. The concept is intriguing: Write about something you know well, package it as a PDF or e-book, sell it online with automatic product fulfillment. Write it once and make money from it over and over again without additional effort. Repeat the process,add more info products to your catalog, and end up with multiple moderate streams of income that combine into a river.

This boo...more
Magdalena
Sep 15, 2012 Magdalena rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who want to start a business
A very complete step by step approach to create an information product and selling it online. I like the fact that it's very detailed and it explains everything (finally! I know how google ads works!) and provides up-to-date resources on their website. If anyone is willing to start now, they only need to follow page after page. It really seems very simple to do!

I can see how someone could make profits out of these information products, but they seem to be so specific that I have to wonder at the...more
Povilas Korop
A book which striked me at the moment I needed most. Author is giving thoughts about how to start online-business of books/articles/teachings/courses or other content, and at this point I was thinking about releasing and e-book about programming. This book gave me a great deal of advice and helped me to improve my upcoming e-book, as well as its marketing.
Alex Mayer
Very informative and useful for those people who are trying to sell using a website. Internet marketing is a fairly complex thing and the ideas and tips in this book really help you understand it better and provide excellent ground work to get moving with your site. If you do not have an idea of what to sell then it can be less than helpful.
Michelle Moses
This book provided me with lots of marketing info. I've been racking my brain trying to come up with some info I can market, but haven't settled on anything yet. Implementing the principles in this book, do seem to be more complicated than they make it seem, but it's not rocket science, right?? :)
Joseph McBee
Very practical. It is basically a how-to checklist. It also provided a myriad of ideas for starting your own information business. I consider this an excellent read for anyone interested in getting started in this type of venture.
Greg Webb
The information on marketing your info product was worth the read, alone, but I had already colored myself impressed by this book long before I even reached that section! This will be a go-to reference down the road, for sure!
Jean Racine
This book is about listening, sitting down and writing, having conversations and turning prospects into buyers. No internet magic. But...it might take you 10 years for some results to appear!!!
Luca Conti
Good to know how to move in the info-product world but I think it is too simply, not what I really think that kind of book should talk about. It is not enough even if it is well written
Don The Idea Guy Snyder
Great book. Lots of examples about the creation and marketing of info products. The section of 40+ examples on delivering the content (chapter 3) alone was worth the price of the book.
Shannon
Trying to figure out how to put this into practice!
Joe
Great book. I seriously learned so much. It's not necessarily a step-by-step guide, but it's composed in an orderly way so that you can either takes steps toward creating your own business as you read through, or you can pick parts out of the book that you want to use right away. This book alone motivated me to start my own business. I recently invested in a product that will help me get started. As soon as I get it and make a few of my own starter products, I'll be reading through this book aga...more
Akilli Gelisim
Akilli Gelisim marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Matthew James
Matthew James marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Franco
Franco marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Natalie G
Natalie G marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Duane
Duane marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Trump University Commercial Real Estate 101: How Small Investors Can Get Started and Make it Big Multi-Family Millions: How to Flip and Reposition Small Apartment Buildings for Maximum Profit in Minimum Time Emerging Real Estate Markets: How to Find and Profit from Up-And-Coming Areas The Six-Figure Second Income: How To Start and Grow A Successful Online Business Without Quitting Your Day Job Trump University Commercial Real Estate 101: How Small Investors Can Get Started and Make It Big