Unicorn's Peril (Keeper of the Land, #1)

Unicorn's Peril (Keeper of the Land #1)

3.07 of 5 stars 3.07  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The discovery of a wounded unicorn on his father's farm sparks a series of events Logan couldn't even fathom in his wildest dreams. Through this unicorn, he is confronted with sexual suggestion, magic and the promise of power. Logan and his brother Blake are quickly plunged into a world consumed by greed, lust and revenge. A world dominated by an ancient war between the un...more
Published October 1st 2010 by eXtasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Unicorn's Peril, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unicorn's Peril

Luck in the Shadows by Lynn FlewellingCaptive Prince by C.S. PacatStalking Darkness by Lynn FlewellingTruth in the Dark by Amy LaneWicked Gentlemen by Ginn Hale
Best Gay Fantasy Romance
121st out of 437 books — 695 voters
Conversations with S. Teri O'Type by Christopher  AllenFilth by M. KingNor All Thy Tears by Gerry BurnieTurning Idolater by Edward C. PattersonRoman by Marlene K. Slade
Lesser-Known M/M Books
31st out of 345 books — 270 voters

More lists with this book...

Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Jan 28, 2011 Emanuela ~plastic duck~ rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Emanuela ~plastic duck~ by: Tj
Shelves: rainbow-gay, glbt, fantasy
01/18/13: Revised rating after a couple of years of reading m/m: from 4 to 3.

It's almost impossible to write a review without spoiling the book because there are so many things happening and everything changes page after page. You never know who the bad guys and the good guys are and you will find yourself changing sides and questioning your loyalties constantly.

One of the things I like in a book is when it takes me back to the reads of my early teen years. There was nothing erotic in them, whil...more
Tj
Wonderful story. I'm an emotional person so I'm sooooo glad no one was with me to watch me read this. (I get teased enough.) Ughh, what to say without giving anything away. The characters came so alive to me. They are real, not perfect or black and white characters that you see so often in books. They all have good and bad to them. Even your villains aren't clear cut which just makes them more believable. Now to wait for the second book.
Nancy L
I give this 4.5 stars. For a bit in the beginning it seemed that there was so much going on I felt a somewhat lost. There's 4 groups of characters with different agendas; the centaurs, the unicorns, the keepers, and the council. Lots of mistruths, magic and secrets. Obviously, the more you read, the more it's all understood. Oh and quite a bit of very creative hot sex!!

There's some strange goings-on on that farm!!
Leaundra
Wow once again Mark rocked my world. Bringing me into his unicorn world. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading. I couldn't tell who was good or who was bad. I wouldn't do the book justice if I tried to tell you what it was about. There's so much going on, you just have to read it. It made me angry, sad, scared and of course I cried. I mean the whole book had my heart going. I love the way Mark writes he pulls you in and keeps you in until the book is over, then makes you want...more
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Nikki
This is hard to review. On one hand it was a very original, interesting fantasy book that kept me guessing from one moment to the next, but on the other hand it didn't have any real romance in it and the sex was just WEIRD (and not in a good way!) which is why I have given it 3 stars rather than 4. In some ways this story was more about the love between family and friends than it was about romantic love as sex in it seemed to symbolise the transfer of power and was often used (in bizarre scenari...more
Lexi Ander
Logan and Blake live on the sheep ranch with their Father, Jack. Logan finds Aidenock, a wounded unicorn and takes it back home to the stable to tend only to be ensnared by the unicorn’s magic and made a familiar.

Blake, unaware of the danger that his brother is in, is stopped by the centaurs and “asked” for medical aid. Blinded by the urgings of Aidenock, Logan attaches Blake starting a series of events that will either destroy a family or bring them together.

I really had to take a couple of day...more
Witchmag's Boekenplank
Jess
Mark Alders created a wonderful world with unicorns and centaurs. This book is full of action and you will not want to put it down. I am glad that I have the second book on hand to continue. Can't wait so see what else happens.
Shaz
I did struggle a little in the beginning of the book. There is a lot going on, we're introduced to a lot of different characters and a lot is not what it seems. Also (as per usual) Mark likes to turn things around, and change our perceptions from the norm. This does take some getting used to, but once there the story begins to unfold in all it's glory.

Mark truly knows how to bring the characters to life. Good and evil are spun around and we are kept in suspense though out the book. The vivid de...more
Ravon Silvius
This book had no business being as hot as it was.

I never realized how much I crave creativity in my M/M until I read this one. This is not for the lighthearted-there is sex between a unicorn and a human, as well as a sex scene between a unicorn and a horse. If this is not your thing, I wouldn't recommend this.

If you do give it a chance, there is a lot to like here. The plot is far more complex than your average romance novel, which is a major plus, and the setting is fantastic, with all sorts o...more
Arzu
Mar 10, 2011 Arzu rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Arzu by: Tj
Wow, just wow. I still do not know what to say ... but my childhood dreams of unicorns are really destroyed!! So confusing in the beginning, who is the good guy and who the bad, one fast-paced action scene after the other. Lots of magic, lies and unusual sex scenes!! Maybe a bit too much happening in the beginning and that is my reason for 4 and not 5 stars.
Mr Alders, you created a world I never would have guessed or dreamed of... I mean ... bad unicorns? I absolutely want to read the next one i...more
Nicole
It took me a long time to read this one. I had to keep putting it down because it was intense in a lot of places. This book really challenged my ideas of fantasy creatures (as was mark's intention, I think). I don't think I'll ever read about unicorns again without shuddering a little. This is not a love story. Don't buy it if that's what you're after. But if you're after an excellent fantasy novel with an engaging storyline, fascinating characters with great erotic undertones, this is an excell...more
Carolyn88
I had a little trouble with this story at first because Unicorns in my mind are good. In this story he gave the Unicorn a bit of a twist. The book really felt like reading a fantasy book first and a M&M romance book second.
Since my first love of books were fantasy books I truely enjoyed the book. It was a bonus having the M&M romance.
Delphius Reads
This book was just too weird and honestly disgusting for me. A unicorn licking all over a human and the guy getting of on that... Really? Disgusting. I thought this was a human romance story, but apparently the author likes beastiality. To top it off NONE of the characters were likable. Pass...
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Lexi
Genre: M/M Paranormal
Rated: 5 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Bell
Bell marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
violet r bryan
violet r bryan marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Roni-jean
Roni-jean marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
nulla rimane
nulla rimane marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Carlton
Carlton marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
  • Guarding the Vampire's Ghost (Green's Hill, #3)
  • Extinction (Refuge Shifters, #1)
  • Hero
  • A Hidden Magic (Sentinels #1)
  • Father of Dragons (Ballot's Keep, #1)
  • Wishbone
  • The Magic Thieves (Scrolls of Vengeance, #1)
  • Kian (The FireTrilogy, #1)
  • Looking for Some Touch (Utopia X, #1)
  • Healing Heart (Tales of Amaranth, #2)
  • Dark Lord Seeks Friendship, Maybe More
  • Eyes of an Innocent (In the Eyes, #1)
  • Vigil (The Hours Trilogy #2)
  • Galen and the Forest Lord
  • Tatterdemalion (Foundations of Magic, #1)
  • A Vampire in Waikiki (Vampire in Waikiki, #1)
  • Wild Passions
  • What To Do With Lore (Contact,#1)
I live in Melbourne, Victoria, in the land of Oz. According to my own Teenage mis-adventures, I am just an ordinary guy with a penis which likes to get me into trouble…a lot. I’ve seduced trees, copulated with watermelons, and had nice old ladies pick ants off my naked body. Yep, that’s me. Mark Alders. All round nice guy and with my brain firmly in my pants, exactly where it belongs!

So what about...more
More about Mark Alders...
The Nourisher (Border Worlds Saga, #1) The Soldier (Border Worlds Saga, #2) The Mis-adventures of a Teenage Mark The Incubator (Border Worlds Saga, #3) Shadows of the Mind (Pembroke Eve Chronicles, #1)

“You f**king piss me off with your smugness.” Each and every word forced from the beast's mouth sounded strained, like they were kidney stones being passed. “I so want to kill you, feel the life of you ebb away while I strangle you with my bare hands. Then, once finished, trample your sorry carcass into the dirt, fertilizer for the grass the sheep of your farm will graze upon. Then, as a final insult to you, and only what you deserve in my mind, I would butcher and eat alive the lamb that ate the grass.”

Keallan to Jack (best mates)”
1 likes