Start by marking “Unicorn's Peril (Keeper of the Land, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unicorn's Peril (Keeper of the Land, #1)

Unicorn's Peril (Keeper of the Land #1)

3.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  64 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
The discovery of a wounded unicorn on his father's farm sparks a series of events Logan couldn't even fathom in his wildest dreams. Through this unicorn, he is confronted with sexual suggestion, magic and the promise of power. Logan and his brother Blake are quickly plunged into a world consumed by greed, lust and revenge. A world dominated by an ancient war between the un ...more
Published October 1st 2010 by eXtasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Unicorn's Peril, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unicorn's Peril

Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Jan 28, 2011 Emanuela ~plastic duck~ rated it liked it
Recommended to Emanuela ~plastic duck~ by: Tj
Shelves: fantasy, glbt, rainbow-gay
01/18/13: Revised rating after a couple of years of reading m/m: from 4 to 3.

It's almost impossible to write a review without spoiling the book because there are so many things happening and everything changes page after page. You never know who the bad guys and the good guys are and you will find yourself changing sides and questioning your loyalties constantly.

One of the things I like in a book is when it takes me back to the reads of my early teen years. There was nothing erotic in them, whil
Tj
Sep 05, 2015 Tj rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story. I'm an emotional person so I'm sooooo glad no one was with me to watch me read this. (I get teased enough.) Ughh, what to say without giving anything away. The characters came so alive to me. They are real, not perfect or black and white characters that you see so often in books. They all have good and bad to them. Even your villains aren't clear cut which just makes them more believable. Now to wait for the second book.
Nancy L
I give this 4.5 stars. For a bit in the beginning it seemed that there was so much going on I felt a somewhat lost. There's 4 groups of characters with different agendas; the centaurs, the unicorns, the keepers, and the council. Lots of mistruths, magic and secrets. Obviously, the more you read, the more it's all understood. Oh and quite a bit of very creative hot sex!!

There's some strange goings-on on that farm!!
Leaundra
Oct 01, 2010 Leaundra rated it it was amazing
Wow once again Mark rocked my world. Bringing me into his unicorn world. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading. I couldn't tell who was good or who was bad. I wouldn't do the book justice if I tried to tell you what it was about. There's so much going on, you just have to read it. It made me angry, sad, scared and of course I cried. I mean the whole book had my heart going. I love the way Mark writes he pulls you in and keeps you in until the book is over, then makes you want ...more
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Nikki
Mar 22, 2011 Nikki rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, fantasy, 2010, read-2011
This is hard to review. On one hand it was a very original, interesting fantasy book that kept me guessing from one moment to the next, but on the other hand it didn't have any real romance in it and the sex was just WEIRD (and not in a good way!) which is why I have given it 3 stars rather than 4. In some ways this story was more about the love between family and friends than it was about romantic love as sex in it seemed to symbolise the transfer of power and was often used (in bizarre scenari ...more
Lexi Ander
Oct 06, 2010 Lexi Ander rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-fantasy, novel
Logan and Blake live on the sheep ranch with their Father, Jack. Logan finds Aidenock, a wounded unicorn and takes it back home to the stable to tend only to be ensnared by the unicorn’s magic and made a familiar.

Blake, unaware of the danger that his brother is in, is stopped by the centaurs and “asked” for medical aid. Blinded by the urgings of Aidenock, Logan attaches Blake starting a series of events that will either destroy a family or bring them together.

I really had to take a couple of day
Iris
Feb 28, 2011 Iris rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011, m-m, paranormal
Jess
Jan 08, 2011 Jess rated it it was amazing
Mark Alders created a wonderful world with unicorns and centaurs. This book is full of action and you will not want to put it down. I am glad that I have the second book on hand to continue. Can't wait so see what else happens.
Cynthia Shaver
Aug 04, 2015 Cynthia Shaver rated it liked it
I wish that I would have read some reviews before reading this book. It was a struggle for me to keep interested and I just kept at it until I finished. There were a lot of times I just did not want to pick up the book or read anymore, but I kept thinking it would get better. Nope! I have book 2, But I'm not going to read it. I admit I like HEAs, this was't anywhere close to even a HFN, for any of the characters. I'm giving this 3 stars as the world building was great, and I just kept hoping for ...more
Ravon Silvius
Sep 09, 2011 Ravon Silvius rated it really liked it
This book had no business being as hot as it was.

I never realized how much I crave creativity in my M/M until I read this one. This is not for the lighthearted-there is sex between a unicorn and a human, as well as a sex scene between a unicorn and a horse. If this is not your thing, I wouldn't recommend this.

If you do give it a chance, there is a lot to like here. The plot is far more complex than your average romance novel, which is a major plus, and the setting is fantastic, with all sorts o
Mrs. Reader
Jun 13, 2016 Mrs. Reader rated it it was ok
Um...So not for me. I was a little confused most of the time reading this and the sex was...well weird. Not kinky my usual weird just weird.
Arzu
Mar 10, 2011 Arzu rated it really liked it
Recommended to Arzu by: Tj
Wow, just wow. I still do not know what to say ... but my childhood dreams of unicorns are really destroyed!! So confusing in the beginning, who is the good guy and who the bad, one fast-paced action scene after the other. Lots of magic, lies and unusual sex scenes!! Maybe a bit too much happening in the beginning and that is my reason for 4 and not 5 stars.
Mr Alders, you created a world I never would have guessed or dreamed of... I mean ... bad unicorns? I absolutely want to read the next one i
Nicole
Apr 14, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it
It took me a long time to read this one. I had to keep putting it down because it was intense in a lot of places. This book really challenged my ideas of fantasy creatures (as was mark's intention, I think). I don't think I'll ever read about unicorns again without shuddering a little. This is not a love story. Don't buy it if that's what you're after. But if you're after an excellent fantasy novel with an engaging storyline, fascinating characters with great erotic undertones, this is an excell ...more
Carolyn88
I had a little trouble with this story at first because Unicorns in my mind are good. In this story he gave the Unicorn a bit of a twist. The book really felt like reading a fantasy book first and a M&M romance book second.
Since my first love of books were fantasy books I truely enjoyed the book. It was a bonus having the M&M romance.
Angela
Apr 30, 2013 Angela rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
This book was just too weird and honestly disgusting for me. A unicorn licking all over a human and the guy getting of on that... Really? Disgusting. I thought this was a human romance story, but apparently the author likes beastiality. To top it off NONE of the characters were likable. Pass...
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Lexi
Genre: M/M Paranormal
Rated: 5 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
David Berry
David Berry marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Celeste Nazer
Celeste Nazer marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
LOLA
LOLA marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
Woodenpoet
Woodenpoet marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Jessica Choo
Jessica Choo marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Skm
Skm added it
Jun 02, 2016
Harry
Harry marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Betti Anderson
Betti Anderson marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
J
J marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
GinAndCats
GinAndCats marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Feb 20, 2016
Ashki
Ashki marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • A Hidden Magic (Sentinels #1)
  • Extinction (Refuge Shifters, #1)
  • Wishbone
  • Hero
  • Tatterdemalion (Foundations of Magic, #1)
  • Guarding the Vampire's Ghost (Green's Hill, #3)
  • Father of Dragons (Ballot's Keep, #1)
  • Primal Passions (Lost Shifters #1)
  • Looking for Some Touch (Utopia X, #1)
  • Dark Lord Seeks Friendship, Maybe More
  • Ghost Star Night (Sea of Stars, #1)
  • Deep Probe
  • Healing Heart (Tales of Amaranth, #2)
  • Fireheart (Chay Trilogy, #1)
  • Chaos Magic (Gods and Chaos, #1)
  • Ice Man (Blood Slaves, #1)
  • Bedknobs & Beanstalks: Anthology of Gay Erotic Fairy Tales
  • Liquid Glass
I live in Melbourne, Victoria, in the land of Oz. According to my own Teenage mis-adventures, I am just an ordinary guy with a penis which likes to get me into trouble…a lot. I’ve seduced trees, copulated with watermelons, and had nice old ladies pick ants off my naked body. Yep, that’s me. Mark Alders. All round nice guy and with my brain firmly in my pants, exactly where it belongs!

So what about
More about Mark Alders...

Keeper of the Land (3 books)
  • Centaur's Awakening (Keeper of the Land, #2)
  • Familiar's Saviour (Keeper of the Land, #3)

“You f**king piss me off with your smugness.” Each and every word forced from the beast's mouth sounded strained, like they were kidney stones being passed. “I so want to kill you, feel the life of you ebb away while I strangle you with my bare hands. Then, once finished, trample your sorry carcass into the dirt, fertilizer for the grass the sheep of your farm will graze upon. Then, as a final insult to you, and only what you deserve in my mind, I would butcher and eat alive the lamb that ate the grass.”

Keallan to Jack (best mates)”
1 likes