Start by marking “MEMORIES” as Want to Read:
MEMORIES

MEMORIES

Memories isgy and brilliant ideas. It tells of David Wolf, a man from present-day Oklahoma, and Silv, an inhabitant of a future world in ruins. Together, they must travel through time to stop a madman whose insane actions canc of reality in shreds.
Published May 1st 1987 by Spectra (first published January 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about MEMORIES, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about MEMORIES

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerOutlander by Diana GabaldonThe Time Machine by H.G. Wells11/22/63 by Stephen KingA Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
Best Time Travel Fiction
491st out of 1,248 books — 4,043 voters
War and Peace by Leo TolstoyThe Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre DumasHis Majesty's Dragon by Naomi NovikMaster and Commander by Patrick O'BrianJonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
Napoleonic Novels
91st out of 176 books — 75 voters

More lists with this book...

Bill
Jan 31, 2008 Bill rated it it was amazing
This is a really neat time travel novel, very well written. It's been a long time since I read it so I won't try to explain it. I do remember it being fascinating and a very enjoyable read. Keep an eye open for this one.
Justin
Jul 01, 2010 Justin rated it really liked it
Super cool concept, very good book.
Carlos de Arquer
Jul 12, 2012 Carlos de Arquer rated it really liked it
One of my favourites Sci Fi novels. I found it absolutely mesmerizing. You completely get lost in time and in the magic of its characters and thoughts.

At first is a little bit ponderous. Many people may leave it in the first 1/4 or 1/3; but once you pass through that "barrier" and you're inside, you really can't stop reading.
Tina
Apr 01, 2010 Tina rated it did not like it
Shelves: tried-to-read
This book did not hold my attention at all. First of all, I did not like the main character. The storyline was not compelling and did not generate any interest for me. I stopped reading it at about 1/4 of the way through.
Eric Sherman
Mar 19, 2014 Eric Sherman rated it it was amazing
Amazing novel that ranks as one of the most enjoyable time travel novels I have ever read. The idea of traveling back through time by inhabiting the bodies of ancestors was fun.
Susan
Jul 31, 2015 Susan rated it it was amazing
This is a classic in science fiction, but not a super well known book due to, as I understand it, estate issues and only one or two editions. It is, however, the number one recommended book in my entire family, because it has an impact on how you think about the power of the mind, and what it means to travel and explore your own limitations. It's the number one book I look for in used book stores, because I've given away my last copy so many times I can never remember if I have a copy for myself ...more
Angel B.A.
Muy entretenido, pero con grave incoherencia interna respecto al modo de "viajar" en el tiempo.
Greg Tatum
May 18, 2016 Greg Tatum rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I read this many, many years ago, but I still think it is one of the best time travel stories I have read. It was one of the first times travel books I read and (view spoiler). The first part of the book was a little slow, but once I got into the time travels, it was fantastic! Very well writt ...more
Bob Rust
Jun 03, 2016 Bob Rust rated it it was amazing
McQuay's best novel was perhaps Memories (1987) in which the Weltschmerz inherent in the Chandler tradition is cleverly re-articulated in the story of a woman who arrives by a form of subjective Time Travel from a devastated future and who embroils the psychiatrist hero in further travels backwards into a somewhat sentimentalized understanding on both their parts of the depth of their deracination from the real world.
Nemo
Nemo rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2010
Matt
Matt rated it did not like it
Dec 02, 2014
Earl Woods
Earl Woods rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2014
James Elkins
James Elkins rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2013
Keith
Keith rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
baison_nous
Jun 03, 2016 baison_nous rated it it was amazing
one of best time travel romances ever
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Timothy
Timothy rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2012
Sam Parsons
Sam Parsons rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2014
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was ok
Oct 26, 2014
Gary Jonas
Gary Jonas rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2015
Robert
Robert rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2011
GG
GG rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2016
Akladnig
Akladnig rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2016
John
Feb 02, 2016 John rated it really liked it
Was a great premise, but didn't run with it as much as I'd hoped they would.
Clive Ousley
Clive Ousley rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2008
Janet Whalen-Jones
Janet Whalen-Jones rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2014
David Minor
David Minor rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Sully
Sully rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2013
Jack Stubblefield
Jack Stubblefield rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Leonard
Leonard rated it it was ok
Oct 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
What's The Name o...: sci-fi book - time travel via a drug? [s] 4 242 Mar 13, 2013 04:13PM
Michael Dennis McQuay was an American science fiction writer. He wrote for several different series. His work in that field includes Mathew Swain, Ramon and Morgan, The Executioner, and SuperBolan. The Book of Justice series he wrote as Jack Arnett. He also wrote the second of the Isaac Asimov's Robot City novels. His non-series novel Memories was nominated for a Philip K. Dick Award for 1987.
More about Mike McQuay...