Start by marking “Time After Time” as Want to Read:
Time After Time

Time After Time

3.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  114 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Cass Thompson is living in London with a decent job and a nice stable boyfriend. When an invitation to her 15th high school reunion arrives in the mail, her thoughts turn to the old days, with visions of big hair, Big Country, and an even bigger crush on the brooding, rebellious Gideon Harker.

Where is the sexy, brooding Gideon today - and how would he stack up to the depe
Published March 9th 2004 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published August 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Time After Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time After Time

Christine Blanksvard
Blast from the past... back to the 80's with reunions, high school drama and music.... ( I too thought Gary Newman was cute!)
Aria
Jun 01, 2012 Aria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the earlier books i've picked when I was younger. The plot is laidback nonetheless it has a very nostalgic feel to it that makes you reminisce the time of your first love. It reminds me of my first love, whom until now will always have that special place in my heart. Gideon was alot like him, unpredictable, brilliant and simply beautiful. I could relate to how the female leads thought of admiration on him. Even though I wasn't born in the 80s, the story still connects to me in te ...more
Meredith
Mar 09, 2016 Meredith rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I wanted to love this book; I really, really did. It has everything! The one who got away coupled with 80s references galore, but I never really clicked with Cass. Luckily, there's a mixtape for to help me through my sadness.
Erin
Jul 27, 2008 Erin rated it liked it
I really liked this book! It was a fast, breezy read that was totally amusing if you are old enough to remember the 80's. It always fascinates me as well how different British english is from American. It truly is a different culture. I liked the main characters and it ended well. Good summer reading!
Cherrish
Jun 18, 2012 Cherrish rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book that I could not put down!!! Love how she used song titles from the 80s as titles for her chapters. A lot of the songs brought back memories of my own. Perfect read if you were in jr. high or high school in the 80s!!
Chanele
Jan 30, 2015 Chanele rated it really liked it
This book was nothing but fun. It served as a reminder of the giddiness of first loves and that maybe nothing is impossible. It's a must-read for anyone who likes light-hearted romance - and 80s music!!
Darlene
May 31, 2009 Darlene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It brought back some fun memories of the good old 80's. It's a fun story and makes you think about your high school years and first crushes.
Tracy
Oct 14, 2008 Tracy rated it really liked it
A great book for anyone that graduated in the 80's and loved music like "The Cure"
The story of Cass and Gideon is so romantic.
Erica
Feb 23, 2014 Erica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a cute story about a girl who always wondered what happened to her High School love bc she still loves him. Those parts of the story and their romance were well developed and enjoyable. The parts about her regular life and the museum / house she's trying to save we're more boring to me, so I give this book 3 stars.
Biliwiz
Aug 21, 2015 Biliwiz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun, well-written, easy to read story that won't tax your brain. A couple of typos, but nothing too distracting. Kept me turning the pages.
Cara
Oct 17, 2014 Cara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fun-or-frivolity
When I saw the jelly bracelets on the cover, I couldn't resist. This is a fun, happy romance without the usual romance novel stupidity. Good times.
Catherine
I thought this book way okay. The beginning just took too long to get into the story. There was a lot of time spent on the reunion, and I felt like I would if I went with a friend to their high school reunion, just not that interested in all the descriptions of people. I also didn't find that the reunion had much to do with the rest of the story at all. I liked the 80's references, and the end 1/3 of the book was good.
Ashley
Sep 01, 2007 Ashley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, chick-lit
It started off a little slow for me at first. I kinda had to force myself to get into it and after a while I was a tad bit more interested but not enough to where I was looking forward to picking it up again.

Didn't really strike my interest like alot of the other books I've read.
Tricia
Mar 31, 2008 Tricia rated it liked it
Shelves: 2008
Decent romance, mostly fluff plus 80s nostalgia. The author definitely tried to make the plot meatier and also gave the characters some decent backstory so they weren't cardboard cutouts.

Would read other books by this author. Light, quick read.
Andrea Krivak
Oct 06, 2014 Andrea Krivak rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
i liked all the 80's references, the story itself felt a little like Bridget Jones, but not as good humor. Girl chasing after boy, boy not treating her right, life falls apart but somehow things all turn out all right in the end.
Patty
Jul 04, 2010 Patty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a nice book, fairly captivating. I certainly wanted to read it until the end. The character sort of reminded me of Diary of Bridget Jones.
Alexandriareiter
I couldn't read it all the way through. I felt like there wasn't much of a story. I skipped around a lot before I decided to just stop reading it.
Abigail Deeks
May 10, 2016 Abigail Deeks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Absolutely loved this. Characters were lovable and I could identify with the 80s references with smiles and cringes of equal measure.
Sharon
Sep 29, 2011 Sharon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
I think you have to be into the 1980s to like this book. It was slow and almost entirely predicable.
Marykay
Jan 04, 2009 Marykay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Light romance; fairly predictable; like stories set in England
Katforsyth
Katforsyth rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2016
Molly Anderson
Molly Anderson marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
May 10, 2016
Wranga
Wranga marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Clare Brick
Clare Brick is currently reading it
Feb 02, 2016
  • Coming Home
  • Love Finds You in Paradise, Pennsylvania
  • Roommates
  • Lost & Found
  • Cut and Run (Whit Mosley, #3)
  • The Virgin of Flames
  • Tongue In Cheek (Lodes Chronicles, #2)
  • Splintered Icon
  • Orsinian Tales
I'm a British author of contemporary romantic comedies, with strong heroines who don't feel like they're incomplete without a man, but generally find they're happier once they have him. They're light, easy reads, but hopefully with a bit of substance and I hope to leave the reader feeling warm and fuzzy by the end!

I live in London with my husband, daughter, cat and rabbit.
More about Sue Haasler...