Start by marking “The Zombie Handbook: An Essential Guide to Zombies And, More Importantly, How to Avoid Them” as Want to Read:

Fans of classic horror films and gothic tales will want to add "The Zombie Handbook " to their personal library. Combining dramatic narrative with spooky color illustrations, author Robert Curran explains the difference between the zombies of Caribbean folklore and the sinister walking dead mummies from ancient Egypt who are said to rise from their tombs and seek revenge w ...more
Published June 1st 2011 by Barron's Educational Series

To ask other readers questions about The Zombie Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Zombie Handbook

OpenBookSociety.com
Mar 25, 2012 OpenBookSociety.com rated it it was amazing
Review brought to you by OBS staff member Connie

Beware of Spoilers

Fans of classic horror films and gothic tales will want to add The Zombie Handbook to their personal library. Combining dramatic narrative with spooky color illustrations, author Robert Curran explains the difference between the zombies of Caribbean folklore and the sinister walking dead mummies from ancient Egypt who are said to rise from their tombs and seek revenge when their burial sites are plundered. Zombies also appear in a
Eva Leger
2.5 - I don't know what to say really. I wouldn't suggest anyone go searching for this book but if you happen to come across it - like I did - it's worth a glance.
It's very short so that's a plus. I started looking at it in the library yesterday afternoon, it's not 8am the next day and I just finished. And that's having done tons of other things besides and also reading another book. Oh, and listening to yet another book on CD also. So, it's a fast one.
The one thing that comes to mind is that th
David Brzezinski
An interesting read, though it focuses more on the historical and cultural zombies than on the Romero style of undead. It is a quick read, focusing on the various types of "zombies" that are found in the world, from the well known "Voodoo zombies" to mummies to even Irish zombies. Also included are stories of people who were supposed to have created zombies, and tales of zombies themselves.

I did have a problem with the treatment of the Romero zombies. There is some passing mention early in the b
Jennifer Cain
Feb 09, 2017 Jennifer Cain rated it really liked it
Informative. Provided information reflecting many different cultures.
Shazza Maddog
Sep 08, 2011 Shazza Maddog rated it really liked it
A short, very well-illustrated book on zombies, giving a smattering of information about the various types, where the undead may rise, what cultures have zombies (and perhaps how they were/are being created), and some very brief but entertaining histories on Zombie Masters. Dr. Curran has taken a popular subject and written a charming little book, which may or may not help the reader survive a zombie attack, but at least might give the reader a small insight into the zombie attacker.
Emily
Good intro to zombie lore. Plus it has different stories from around the world and not just about Haiti or voodoo Louisiana. Not bad. It's on our adult nonfiction section at work but I'd probably make it YA just because of the briefness of the subject, the way the book is laid out, and the reading level.
Kohl
Feb 04, 2013 Kohl rated it it was ok
This is a kids book. Or at least it's written like one.
Theresa Kettler
I learned nothing and wished there was more pop up zombie hands....I have to put remaking this book on my to do list.
Mar 30, 2015 Laura rated it liked it
lots of interesting tidbits of information.
Carol
Mar 28, 2012 Carol rated it really liked it
This was a fun book about zombies. I gives interesting information about the origin of the zombie legend and has lots of fun pictures.
Carol
Jul 04, 2011 Carol rated it liked it
Some interesting history in a quick read.
Morgan
Aug 13, 2014 Morgan rated it liked it
Nothing too special, but it was a light read with some good information. This author has far better books though, so sitting through this one is unnecessary.
Paulina Novelo
Paulina Novelo rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2013
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2012
Magdalena Poljak
Magdalena Poljak rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was ok
Feb 20, 2013
Emily Duran
Emily Duran rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2014
Karolina
Karolina rated it it was ok
Mar 04, 2015
Marck Rimorin
Marck Rimorin rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2015
Damira
Damira rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2013
Kimberly Clymer
Kimberly Clymer rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2012
Laura rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2014
Kaitie Smith
Kaitie Smith rated it liked it
May 02, 2017
FunkMaster General
FunkMaster General rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2012
Tanya Dibble
Tanya Dibble rated it really liked it
May 24, 2015
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it liked it
May 04, 2013
Kikyomusa
Kikyomusa rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2012
Jutta
Jutta rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2013
Nathan Crowe
Nathan Crowe rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2016