Grow Younger, Live Longer: Ten Steps to Reverse Aging

Grow Younger, Live Longer: Ten Steps to Reverse Aging

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  170 ratings  ·  21 reviews
In Grow Younger, Live Longer, Deepak Chopra, a pioneer in mind/body medicine, applies his decades of research and knowledge to actually reverse the aging process. This simple and practical step-by-step program designed by Dr. Chopra and his associate, David Simon, M.D., shows how it is essential to renew all dimensions of the self—the body, mind, and spirit—in order to fee...more
Published December 24th 2002 by Three Rivers Press (first published 2001)

Lindsey
It was a pleasant surprise that all the recipes in this book were vegetarian and very close to vegan. Usually the only non-vegan thing was a teaspoon or two of ghee - easily replaced by oil or Earth Balance or omitted completely.
Denise
Eat healthier. Drink more water. Get more sleep. Exercise more. For the most part the ideas presented are common sense. Eliminate toxins from your body, mind and soul. Make love the most important thing in your life. Maintain a youthful mind. Dr. Chopra presents his ideas as 10 practical steps and the first step is probably the only one that will stretch your imagination. I found it interesting. He shows us the Vedic Seers idea of the "subtle" body. "At a quantum level: a field of energy, transf...more
GONZA
mi incuriosiva il titolo "Mente giovane corpo intelligente" e ne ho dedotto che fosse in assoluto la cosa migliore del libro, che prevede di metterci solo due ore prima di andare a letto, tra massaggi con oli essenziali, bagni rilassanti con musica e candele più tisane varie, il tutto da fare non più tardi delle nove mezza, eh già ma se io riuscissi ad andare a dormire prima delle nove mezza invece che arrivare a casa a quell'ora non sarei certamente stressata, comunque, andiamo avanti.
Laura Lynch
"Grow Younger Live Longer" starts with the mind set of thinking and acting younger. From this foundation Chopra builds in nine other useful tips. Deepak’s advise as you might expect is practical and spiritual. The book is well written, easy to understand and encouraging. It all starts with the statement "my biostat is set at a health xx years of age. I look and feel xx years old. I was both educated and entertained by this book.
Annmarie Kostyk
A collection of ten ideas that will help you be mentally, spiritually and physically younger so you may live longer. Basic principles of leading a good life and how to take care of yourself in mindful ways.
Karen
I have a few Deepak Chopra books and find them all to be very interesting and thoughtful and full of great ideas. I haven't put a lot of his ideas to practice on a regular basis (old habits die hard) but he's writing from a unique perspective of a scholar, a scientist and a spiritualist combined- which I tend to have most faith in that combo. It's a good 'mix' of these elements. You cannot have faith of spirituality without belief in Science and vice/versa (in my opinion)I believe we all have mo...more
Jasmine
Nice read. Excellent points.I do agree with the author that one of the most profound ways to reverse aging is a spiritual one. The only people who have lived for 100s of years are the seers. When we stop abusing our body-mind and soul we never decay.If you are spiritually inclined and consider your body a temple to house your soul then this book is for you.
One error in the book that I hope Dr. Chopra corrects is on page 223 he says the second yoga is Dwarpa yuga, it is Treta that is the second y...more
Heather

I really love this book, but I've been "reading" it for a long time, swearing I wouldn't consider it completed until I could follow all of the suggestions offered (which all sound incredibily healthy and relaxing), but I just have not been able to follow through (which is why it's only getting 3 stars instead of my typical 4 stars for a book I love). I tend to get stuck trying to find time for 20 minutes of meditation twice a day - in my heart I really want to do it - in reality I have failed mi...more
April WW
Jan 24, 2009 April WW marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stalled
12/16/08: My baby sis Amber gave this to me for my 40th birthday. Should I have been offended? ;) I'm already well past 41 now so I think I better get going on it soon. I realize anyone who knows me personally is going to be shocked that I've never read it before, but my youthful look and feel is just organic. (I so wish you all could hear me laughing out loud at myself after typing that sentence! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)

01/24/09: I started and stopped. It appears that books that are telling me what...more
Lillian
Dec 07, 2007 Lillian rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
A fascinating approach to anti-aging, it focuses on spirituality and life force energy, tapping into it, and having a young and flexible outlook on life. It also has some wonderful recipes in the back (the hummos is to die for, as my husband can attest!) Overall very inspiring, can't wait to read more of Chopra's work.
Elaine
With Deepak Chopra I'm usually able to use about 50% of what I read and can discard the other 50% without compunction. That's how I'm reading this book. I enjoy the notion of resetting my biostat to the age I choose--and when I read Chopra's recommendations, almost believe I can do it.
Ellatnaples
Many interesting chapters - a ten step program to better health. Last 60 pages are recipes, so was finished as they are mainly oriental and different kinds of herbs and spices. Good book to have on your shelf for vitamin reference.
Wendy
Amazingly, I think I do, or at least attempt to, 90% of this. It's pretty much common sense, except for a few oddities. It's the basics for living a healthy and happy life with some mystic mojo thrown in for good measure.
Melissa.
I recommend this for any open-minded individual seeking advice and information on healthy lifestyles. I stress open-minded.
Todd Myers
Nothing I really didn't know that was in here. It still makes for an interesting read though, and a fast one at that.
Yogajan
He had nothing new to offer, so I wouldn't recommend this book.
Heather
A TON!!! READ IT! And take lots of notes!
Gina
Very interesting. Good reference book.
Shafik Keshavjee
Just started............
Luisa
birthday gift
Jacqueline Stahl
Jacqueline Stahl is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2014
Terry Robinson
Terry Robinson marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Romar Doc
Romar Doc marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Abdiazis
Abdiazis marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Cauni Ramona
Cauni Ramona marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Mercy
Mercy added it
Jun 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Deepak Chopra, MD serves as the Founder and Chairman of The Chopra Foundation, and Co-Founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing.

As a global leader and pioneer in the field of mind-body medicine, Chopra transforms the way the world views physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social wellness. Known as a prolific author of eighty books books with twenty-two New York Times best sellers in both...more
More about Deepak Chopra...
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: The Quantum Alternative to Growing Old Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life Quantum Healing: Exploring the Frontiers of Mind Body Medicine