Start by marking “Delirium's Party: A Little Endless Storybook” as Want to Read:
Delirium's Party: A Little Endless Storybook

Delirium's Party: A Little Endless Storybook (Little Endless Storybook #2)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  590 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Award-winning writer and artist Jill Thompson returns to these kid-friendly versions of the characters from the bestselling SANDMAN series. Upset that her sister Despair is unhappy, Delirium throws her a party and invites her Endless siblings. Each sibling brings a gift that’s unique to his/her/its realm in an effort to cheer up Despair. But what could possibly cheer up th ...more
Published May 10th 2011 by Vertigo (first published March 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Delirium's Party, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Delirium's Party

John
SANDMAN spinoff, in which Delirium throws a party for her sister Despair. An out and out weirdie, looking like an illustrated children's book but really anything but--more like an outing for sophisticated graphic novel readers, disguised to look like a children's book. As with most of these sorts of stories, the art is stronger than the story.
The_Mad_Swede
Like its predecessor, The Little Endless Storybook (inspired by Thompson's own work on The Sandman issue #40, "Parliament of Rooks" (collected in Fables & Reflections), in which Gaiman wrote a story segment featuring Dream and Death as little children), this book is a small gem.

Thompson's work (here in water colour) is superb, and the story is absolute charming.

Delirium, youngest of the Endless, remembers that she has never seen her sister Despair smile, and becomes obsessed with making that
Ea Solinas
I enjoyed Jill Thompson's first book about the Little Endless, but it was perplexing. It seemed more geared towards children than the grown-ups who have probably read "Sandman."

"Delirium's Party: A Little Endless Storybook" isn't like that at all. It's still meant for kids, but the Endless are here for more than cameos, and it does have a real story based on Delirium's.... um, delirious thoughts. It's simply a charming little story about the Endless, festooned with charming illustrations set in
Angie
I really wish I had read the first one, but this book was a pleasant surprise when I processed it at work today. I am a fan of the Sandman comics as well as chibis and illustration. This book called out to me! It really is adorable with wonderful and bright illustrations. Also, compared to the characters and the comic that it's based off of, it really is quite humorous!
Skye Kilaen
Seven siblings are archetypes: Dream, Despair, Destiny, Desire, Death, Delirium, and Destruction. In Delirium's Party, little Delirium the "technicolor Princess" decides to make her beloved sister Despair smile by throwing her a party. Unfortunately, what makes other people happy isn't what makes Despair happy, but the siblings finally succeed and rejoice because they truly love their sister... even if she is a little different. Jill Thompson's art almost dances off the page, and is full of stra ...more
Melissa
The little Endless! Who could not love them to bits? Except this seems like it's maybe the wrong Dream. Didn't he die & then get replaced by Daniel, the white Dream, after Barnabas was around? Am I being too pedantic? Ultimately, it doesn't matter because it's just so cute.
Valerie
Normally, when people touch things I love and essentially publish fanfic about them, I get a little edgy. However, Jill Thompson is definitely an exception. Both her Death Manga and her Little Endless series are adorable homages to the Sandman universe with stunning art and delightful dialogue (see what I did there?). It's nice to have Delirium become the focus of the story for a change both because it opens up amazing possibilities for color and randomness but also to let Dream and Death slip i ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
A delightful read from cult classic character's the Endless from Neil Gaiman's Sandman by Jill Thompson. It's great read for any age!
Brian
More delightful storytelling and art from Jill Thompson, from the world of The Sandman.
Luciana Darce
Sendo uma fã incondicional de tudo o que tem a ver com Sandman, eu conhecia o nome da Jill Thompson e já tinha visto suas versões dos Pequenos Perpétuos. Estive várias vezes a ponto de encomendar esses dois volumes em inglês. Felizmente, a Panini relançou ambos com pouco menos de um mês de diferença e eu não tive dúvidas em fazê-lo se juntar a minha coleção.

Em Os Pequenos Perpétuos, a princesa Delírio se perdeu e Barnabás, seu cão guardião, sai a procurá-la pelos reinos dos irmãos dela. Já A Fes
Stephan
Jill Thompson once again delivers an incredibly cute little spin off from the Sandman Series by Neil Gaiman.

Delirium has never seen her sister Despair smile! Of course she has to throw a party just for her to make her happy! But can you really make the personification of despair happy?
It's an insane and funny, not to mention adorable story with wonderful pictures! Of course you should read it!
Paul
OK, let me see if I remember them all
The Endless: Death, Dream, Destiny, Destruction, Desire, Despair, Delirium :-)
Once upon a time, Neil Gaiman created a graphic novel called Sandman, which was about Dream in the above list.
When Gaiman left Sandman to pursue his writing carreer, it was decided at DC/Vertigo, that no other writer would write any new stories of the Endless... of course that didn't last long and the Endless started popping up in other DC and Vertigo books before long.
Dream, howeve
Shara
The premise: ganked from publisher's website: The diminutive versions of the Endless from Neil Gaiman's SANDMAN mythos are back by popular demand in DELIRIUM'S PARTY: A LITTLE ENDLESS STORYBOOK.[return][return]In an effort to rid Despair of her unhappiness once and for all, Little Delirium throws a party for her dour sister and invites siblings Dream, Destruction, Death, Destiny and Desire. But this is no ordinary affair. We're talking about a party planner who is the personification of delirium ...more
Zoe
Delirium’s Party: A Little Endless Storybook by multiple Eisner Award winner (and creator of Scary Godmother) Jill Thompson is based off of the Sandman series by Neil Gaiman. It takes the characters of the Endless Destiny, Death, Dream, Destruction, Despair, Desire and Delirium and recreates them in a way that appeals to a younger audience. Some may say that this book is a book for adult fans of the original series made to look like a children’s book. It is a creative book that many children wou ...more
Lukas Holmes
Just a wonderful little story. I picked up both of these books for my little girls to read since I was such a fan of the regular series and I feel like this was one of the best self-contained stories every put out within the mythos. Beautifully illustrated and adorable while having a really interesting set of prose, especially within the gifts from the rest of the Endless.

Great stuff.
Cassandra
Was delighted with this short little read. Vibrant brushstrokes and friendly pacing makes it arguably child appropriate, allowing the characters of The Endless family accessible to young children in the lives of Gaiman fans.
Macha
a children's story spinoff like the earlier Little Endless Storybook from Gaiman's Sandman series, which originally pictures the Endless briefly as children in #40 (part of Fables & Reflections). marvellous things spill out of Delirium's head: music and rainbows and silk stocking scissors. she fishes under water for zucchini toast. her slippers are banana peels. she decides to throw her sister Despair a party, and all her siblings bring presents, and although it isn't easy to make Despair ha ...more
Bryan
This is the cutest thing I have ever seen! What a creative idea and great use of these characters. Jill Thompson's art is genius.
Berenice
Princess Delirium noticed one day that she had never seen her sister Despair smile, and so she makes it her job to see her sister happy, with the help of her dog Barnabas and all her brothers and sisters she hopes to finally see her sister smile.
Delirium's Party is a cute little book, but I'm not so sure it's the right book to read to the little ones, the art is really cute but in a page or two maybe a little bit to out there for the little ones. But this is a good book with great art work and c
*jai
both the art and the writing are very creative and fanciful. i loved it.
Violetta
In which a little sister tries to get a smile out of her older sister.
Travis
If you like "The Sandman," this is cute.
Levi Melton
I can't stand how awesome these books are!
Jenna
Cute and I'd happily read more.
Patricia Ferreira
Cute and funny. A lovable book.
Bookkitten
I love The little Endless storybooks, nothing less than 5 stars :3

The fact that my brain connected Delirium to Pinkie Pie was scary, since those are two totally different things. And since The Endless existed before MLP: FIM: Hasbro...

Pinkielirium
ICY WHUT U DIT ERE!
Sara Forsberg
More Little Endless! This story is better than the first one, it actually defines the roles of the Endless in ways that wasn't revealed in the Sandman story. As a person who likes clarification that was a welcome surprise. The art is just as fantastic as in #1, and this book has an interesting bonus in the form of a little tutorial at the end of how Thompson creates her artwork. Lovely!
Joseph
The art is delightful, and the story ... well, it's a children's book. I'm not sure who the intended audience is, however. It's too slight to really attract Sandman fans, and while the story is perfectly acceptable for children, I don't think you could consider anything set in the Sandman universe as targeted to kids.
louisa
Jun 26, 2011 louisa added it
Shelves: kids, graphic-novels
A children's book featuring Despair and Delirium. Yes, you read that right. Jill Thompson's Little Endless (imagine Gaiman's Sandman siblings as Precious Moments) are impossible to hate despite the ever-ratcheting levels of twee. Almost disgustingly adorable with wondrous, fun, and detail-rich illustrations.
Courtney
Oh, how cute! A storybook for older folks with all your favorite Sandman characters. Delirium realizes she's never seen her sister, Despair, smile and sets out to throw a surprise party for her. I've never seen the Endless look so...adorable. And I always love revisiting my favorite comic series.
  • Taller Tales
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 6
  • Set to Sea
  • Thor: For Asgard
  • Chew: The Omnivore Edition, Vol. 3
Jill Thompson is an American comic book writer and illustrator. Probably best known for her work on Neil Gaiman's Sandman characters and her own Scary Godmother series, she has also worked on The Invisibles, Swamp Thing, Wonder Woman and more recently, Beasts of Burden.

More about Jill Thompson...

Little Endless Storybook (2 books)
  • The Little Endless Storybook
The Little Endless Storybook Death: At Death's Door Magic Trixie (Magic Trixie, Vol. 1) The Dead Boy Detectives Scary Godmother: Omnibus