Start by marking “Delirium's Party: A Little Endless Storybook” as Want to Read:
Delirium's Party: A Little Endless Storybook

Delirium's Party: A Little Endless Storybook (Little Endless Storybook #2)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  412 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Award-winning writer and artist Jill Thompson returns to these kid-friendly versions of the characters from the bestselling SANDMAN series. Upset that her sister Despair is unhappy, Delirium throws her a party and invites her Endless siblings. Each sibling brings a gift that’s unique to his/her/its realm in an effort to cheer up Despair. But what could possibly cheer up th ...more
Published May 10th 2011 by Vertigo (first published March 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Delirium's Party, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Delirium's Party

The_Mad_Swede
Like its predecessor, The Little Endless Storybook (inspired by Thompson's own work on The Sandman issue #40, "Parliament of Rooks" (collected in Fables & Reflections), in which Gaiman wrote a story segment featuring Dream and Death as little children), this book is a small gem.

Thompson's work (here in water colour) is superb, and the story is absolute charming.

Delirium, youngest of the Endless, remembers that she has never seen her sister Despair smile, and becomes obsessed with making that
Angie
I really wish I had read the first one, but this book was a pleasant surprise when I processed it at work today. I am a fan of the Sandman comics as well as chibis and illustration. This book called out to me! It really is adorable with wonderful and bright illustrations. Also, compared to the characters and the comic that it's based off of, it really is quite humorous!
John
SANDMAN spinoff, in which Delirium throws a party for her sister Despair. An out and out weirdie, looking like an illustrated children's book but really anything but--more like an outing for sophisticated graphic novel readers, disguised to look like a children's book. As with most of these sorts of stories, the art is stronger than the story.
Melissa
The little Endless! Who could not love them to bits? Except this seems like it's maybe the wrong Dream. Didn't he die & then get replaced by Daniel, the white Dream, after Barnabas was around? Am I being too pedantic? Ultimately, it doesn't matter because it's just so cute.
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
A delightful read from cult classic character's the Endless from Neil Gaiman's Sandman by Jill Thompson. It's great read for any age!
Brian
More delightful storytelling and art from Jill Thompson, from the world of The Sandman.
Stephan Lindkvist
Jill Thompson once again delivers an incredibly cute little spin off from the Sandman Series by Neil Gaiman.

Delirium has never seen her sister Despair smile! Of course she has to throw a party just for her to make her happy! But can you really make the personification of despair happy?
It's an insane and funny, not to mention adorable story with wonderful pictures! Of course you should read it!
Paul
OK, let me see if I remember them all
The Endless: Death, Dream, Destiny, Destruction, Desire, Despair, Delirium :-)
Once upon a time, Neil Gaiman created a graphic novel called Sandman, which was about Dream in the above list.
When Gaiman left Sandman to pursue his writing carreer, it was decided at DC/Vertigo, that no other writer would write any new stories of the Endless... of course that didn't last long and the Endless started popping up in other DC and Vertigo books before long.
Dream, howeve
Shara
The premise: ganked from publisher's website: The diminutive versions of the Endless from Neil Gaiman's SANDMAN mythos are back by popular demand in DELIRIUM'S PARTY: A LITTLE ENDLESS STORYBOOK.[return][return]In an effort to rid Despair of her unhappiness once and for all, Little Delirium throws a party for her dour sister and invites siblings Dream, Destruction, Death, Destiny and Desire. But this is no ordinary affair. We're talking about a party planner who is the personification of delirium ...more
Zoe
Delirium’s Party: A Little Endless Storybook by multiple Eisner Award winner (and creator of Scary Godmother) Jill Thompson is based off of the Sandman series by Neil Gaiman. It takes the characters of the Endless Destiny, Death, Dream, Destruction, Despair, Desire and Delirium and recreates them in a way that appeals to a younger audience. Some may say that this book is a book for adult fans of the original series made to look like a children’s book. It is a creative book that many children wou ...more
Lukas Holmes
Just a wonderful little story. I picked up both of these books for my little girls to read since I was such a fan of the regular series and I feel like this was one of the best self-contained stories every put out within the mythos. Beautifully illustrated and adorable while having a really interesting set of prose, especially within the gifts from the rest of the Endless.

Great stuff.
Cassandra
Was delighted with this short little read. Vibrant brushstrokes and friendly pacing makes it arguably child appropriate, allowing the characters of The Endless family accessible to young children in the lives of Gaiman fans.
Macha
a children's story spinoff like the earlier Little Endless Storybook from Gaiman's Sandman series, which originally pictures the Endless briefly as children in #40 (part of Fables & Reflections). marvellous things spill out of Delirium's head: music and rainbows and silk stocking scissors. she fishes under water for zucchini toast. her slippers are banana peels. she decides to throw her sister Despair a party, and all her siblings bring presents, and although it isn't easy to make Despair ha ...more
Bryan
This is the cutest thing I have ever seen! What a creative idea and great use of these characters. Jill Thompson's art is genius.
Alexandre
Sempre divertido ver os Pequenos Perpétuos desenhados pela Jill Thompson.
Uma história absurda. Afinal, é da Delirium.
Berenice
Princess Delirium noticed one day that she had never seen her sister Despair smile, and so she makes it her job to see her sister happy, with the help of her dog Barnabas and all her brothers and sisters she hopes to finally see her sister smile.
Delirium's Party is a cute little book, but I'm not so sure it's the right book to read to the little ones, the art is really cute but in a page or two maybe a little bit to out there for the little ones. But this is a good book with great art work and c
Violetta
In which a little sister tries to get a smile out of her older sister.
Levi Melton
I can't stand how awesome these books are!
Jenna
Cute and I'd happily read more.
Patricia Ferreira
Cute and funny. A lovable book.
Sara Forsberg
More Little Endless! This story is better than the first one, it actually defines the roles of the Endless in ways that wasn't revealed in the Sandman story. As a person who likes clarification that was a welcome surprise. The art is just as fantastic as in #1, and this book has an interesting bonus in the form of a little tutorial at the end of how Thompson creates her artwork. Lovely!
Joseph
The art is delightful, and the story ... well, it's a children's book. I'm not sure who the intended audience is, however. It's too slight to really attract Sandman fans, and while the story is perfectly acceptable for children, I don't think you could consider anything set in the Sandman universe as targeted to kids.
louisa
Jun 26, 2011 louisa added it
Shelves: kids, graphic-novels
A children's book featuring Despair and Delirium. Yes, you read that right. Jill Thompson's Little Endless (imagine Gaiman's Sandman siblings as Precious Moments) are impossible to hate despite the ever-ratcheting levels of twee. Almost disgustingly adorable with wondrous, fun, and detail-rich illustrations.
Courtney
Oh, how cute! A storybook for older folks with all your favorite Sandman characters. Delirium realizes she's never seen her sister, Despair, smile and sets out to throw a surprise party for her. I've never seen the Endless look so...adorable. And I always love revisiting my favorite comic series.
Raisa Rodriguez
Yes,this is utterly cute.Also artwork is cute,though.I just read it ONLY because Delirium is my favorite Endless.
Kris
Dec 20, 2013 Kris rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own-it
Another fun "kids" book about Neil Gaiman's 'Endless' by author/illustrator Jill Thompson. I thoroughly enjoyed it! The illustrations are magical and very creative and the story is quite cute. If you like Gaiman's 'Sandman' series, I definitely recommend this as a fun way of viewing that world!
H. Anne Stoj
Just utterly adorable. Delirium is one of my favorite Sandman characters and I've been a fan of Jill Thompson's art for a long time. I loved the other storybook and this was just as enjoyable. Beautiful artwork and a cute story about Delirium trying to make Despair smile.
Lady Entropy
I didn't want to like this.

It's predictable, overly cutesy and predictable.

But it's SO adorable that I stopped being a grump -- and compared to a lot of stuff I read before it's definitely worth the 4 stars.

Just be ready to die with cuteness overload!
Meredith
Ok, so this was...weird. Who am I going to give this to? I don't think that kids are going to catch any of the references to the comic, and it's so short that it reads like a picture book. I actually feel like maybe teens would like it, especially the gothy subset.
Jess
How did I miss these? I'm not sure I'd shelve them in the children's collection--which is where I accidently found them--but as a novelty item for a Sandman-fan parent they'd be cool. I always thought the little endless were cute.
  • Taller Tales
  • House of Mystery, Vol. 5: Under New Management
  • The Books of Faerie: Auberon's Tale
  • The Sandman: Overture, #3
  • The Books of Magic, Volume 2: Summonings
  • Lucifer, Vol. 4: The Divine Comedy
  • The Dreaming: Through the Gates of Horn and Ivory
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 6
Jill Thompson is an American comic book writer and illustrator. Probably best known for her work on Neil Gaiman's Sandman characters and her own Scary Godmother series, she has also worked on The Invisibles, Swamp Thing, Wonder Woman and more recently, Beasts of Burden.

More about Jill Thompson...

Little Endless Storybook (2 books)
  • The Little Endless Storybook
The Little Endless Storybook Death: At Death's Door Magic Trixie (Magic Trixie, Vol. 1) The Dead Boy Detectives Scary Godmother: Omnibus