Start by marking “Animal Orchestra” as Want to Read:
Animal Orchestra

Animal Orchestra

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  7 reviews
This rhyming story about an animal orchestra and its hippo conductor is perfect for reading aloud. Children will have front-row seats as they imagine the rousing experience of a night at the orchestra!
Published August 18th 2010 by Golden Books (first published June 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Animal Orchestra, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Animal Orchestra

Sara
For A., this is like baby Kryptonite, or maybe it's just his favorite? He's breathless for each reading. For a while we had to hide it or he would sit for many repeats in a row of a rather lengthy set of wild animals and instruments, complete with sound effects for both beast and musical tone! Now we are sure to bring it on trips where instant calming might be required. Surely those people sitting in front of us in the airplane would rather hear doting parents reading aloud than a baby yelling?
Dianna
The verse is awkward and at one point a fife is confused with a bagpipe . . . but we still love this book. It's a must-read for musicians and kids who love animals. And it has taught my two-year-old to recognize a yak!
Jessie
This is pretty cute. Rhyming text tells the tale of an all-animal orchestra. I can tell it was written in the 40s because all the musicians are male. There's a very cheesy joke at the end, which we all laughed at a lot.
Gary Masskin
A fun, rhyming read-aloud book. Not much of a story but good coverage of animals and orchestral instruments. Ends with a nice bit of word play. Did I mention it's a fun, rhyming read-aloud book?
Jamie
Jan 08, 2013 Jamie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Early readers
Shelves: child
One of our son's bedtime favorite. Read almost nightly multiple times, he asks for it by name and quotes his favorite parts. Good for recognizing animals and instruments.
Audrey
Cute rhyme. The exotic animals are not recognized by my 2-year old, but he seems to enjoy the book otherwise.
Clare Bear
I bought this for my nephew a couple of years back but I pull it out more often than he. I enjoy the illustrations.
Sarah Owen
Sarah Owen marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Julie
Julie added it
Sep 16, 2014
Sonora
Sonora marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Jayme Payne
Jayme Payne marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Lori
Lori added it
Jun 03, 2014
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Bianca
Bianca added it
Apr 22, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Mar 23, 2014
Mgan
Mgan marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014