Start by marking “Animal Orchestra” as Want to Read:
Animal Orchestra
Preview

Animal Orchestra

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  6 reviews
This rhyming story about an animal orchestra and its hippo conductor is perfect for reading aloud. Children will have front-row seats as they imagine the rousing experience of a night at the orchestra!
Published August 18th 2010 by Golden Books (first published June 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Animal Orchestra, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Animal Orchestra

Dianna
The verse is awkward and at one point a fife is confused with a bagpipe . . . but we still love this book. It's a must-read for musicians and kids who love animals. And it has taught my two-year-old to recognize a yak!
Jessie
This is pretty cute. Rhyming text tells the tale of an all-animal orchestra. I can tell it was written in the 40s because all the musicians are male. There's a very cheesy joke at the end, which we all laughed at a lot.
Gary Masskin
A fun, rhyming read-aloud book. Not much of a story but good coverage of animals and orchestral instruments. Ends with a nice bit of word play. Did I mention it's a fun, rhyming read-aloud book?
Jamie
Jan 08, 2013 Jamie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Early readers
Shelves: child
One of our son's bedtime favorite. Read almost nightly multiple times, he asks for it by name and quotes his favorite parts. Good for recognizing animals and instruments.
Audrey
Cute rhyme. The exotic animals are not recognized by my 2-year old, but he seems to enjoy the book otherwise.
Clare Bear
I bought this for my nephew a couple of years back but I pull it out more often than he. I enjoy the illustrations.
Audrey
Audrey marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Brett
Brett added it
Jan 11, 2015
Henry
Henry marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Maggie
Maggie added it
Dec 23, 2014
Eva Stallaert
Eva Stallaert marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Viswa Rani
Viswa Rani marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Sarah Owen
Sarah Owen marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Julie
Julie added it
Sep 16, 2014
Sonora
Sonora marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Jayme Payne
Jayme Payne marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014