Start by marking “The Best of Silent Cities ” as Want to Read:
The Best of Silent Cities

The Best of Silent Cities

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  2 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
A photo book featuring some of the most interesting and unusual monuments photographed during the last five years by renowned memorial photographer Jeane Trend-Hill. Over 80 colour images, some which have never published before. Each page contains information about the memorial including the Lancaster angel, the kiss of death, Raspali, Marigold Churchill and many others. T ...more
Paperback, First, 30 pages
Published 2010 by Lulu

To ask other readers questions about The Best of Silent Cities, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best of Silent Cities

Loren
Jul 28, 2012 Loren rated it liked it
Shelves: cemetery-books
This little book is jam-packed with photographs, often three to a page. I like being able to see the grave monument in its surroundings, then close-ups of its details, although the layout doesn't vary and sometimes two of the photos are so similar as to be redundant. That said, the photographer records remarkable and beautiful things that I've seen nowhere else, so I'm glad to add this book to my collection.

I particularly like the snippets of information she adds about the monuments. The Bianchi
NickA
Oct 08, 2012 NickA rated it it was amazing
The photographs are simply breath taking, who knew cemeteries looked so good. I also liked the little paragraph of interesting facts about each grave featured, not the usual blah, blah, was buried here, but the things you don’t normally get to read about. I have some of Jeane Trend-Hill’s other books in my collection and as a photographer she is first class. If you love cemetery architecture or the unusual then is the book for you.
Tabatha Rose
Tabatha Rose marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Lizzie
Lizzie marked it as to-read
May 03, 2013
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2012
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2012
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2012