Start by marking “Naomi's Breakthrough Guide: 20 Choices to Transform Your Life” as Want to Read:
Naomi's Breakthrough Guide: 20 Choices to Transform Your Life

Naomi's Breakthrough Guide: 20 Choices to Transform Your Life

Naomi Judd is affectionately called the Star Next Door, but she's also a survivor. In Naomi's Breakthrough Guide she shares her hard-won wisdom and outlines twenty important choices that will help readers improve their relationships, family life, career, and even their health. Blending candid personal stories, the science of happiness, and practical exercises with anecdote ...more
Published January 3rd 2005 by Simon & Schuster (first published December 30th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Naomi's Breakthrough Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naomi's Breakthrough Guide

Jessica
Jun 18, 2008 Jessica rated it liked it
I liked 3 things about this book:
1. Chapter 13- You become whatever you think about all day. It asks what kind of self talk are you currently choosing to program your everyday thoughts, actions, and feelings. The most powerful words are the ones you choose to say to yourself.

2. Worry and Fear are Dispensable Parasites on your Brain, Chapter 15. I truly feel you can make yourself miserable.

3. There is no easier pace to start than being a good listener. I need to practice being a relaxed listener
Nicole Davis
Jul 21, 2011 Nicole Davis rated it it was amazing
This book is "down home, tell you like it is, get it together sista" type of book!I loved reading this and doing the exercises it included. It helped me get through a difficult time in my life. Instead of accepting depression as my state of mind..he helped me take charge or my own situation.

"you can only be a victim once, then you are a volunteer" it helped me to change myself...to change the outcome I was receiving.

"happiness is a choice and you must CHOOSE to be happy"

LOVED it! would recomme
Ice
Jan 10, 2011 Ice rated it really liked it
Shelves: inspriational
Country singing superstar Judd overcame medical odds by recovering from hepatitis C and wants others to benefit from her health regimen. In this lively and inspirational book, she offers a mix of autobiography, medical advice and just plain homespun talk from one plucky Southerner. Judd is up-front about her mistakes-she got pregnant the first time she had sex and ended up divorced and supporting two children in her 20s. She put herself through college during her 30s, earning a nursing degree, a ...more
Robyn
Jun 16, 2012 Robyn rated it it was amazing
One of those books to help you thru tough times w/ an open mind. Teaches you to ask questions with your healthcare professionals & partner w/ them in your healing process--owning up to & taking responsibility for your own health. It also describes how Naomi also incorporated her spiritual health into her physical health, w/o sounding too preachy about it.

I got this book b/c the Centers For Children And Families (local nonprofit org) did a fundraiser dinner & auction in late August 20
Marilyn
Jan 12, 2008 Marilyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Naomi Judd herself signed my copy of her book...at the annual Federally Employed Women's National Training Program in July 2004, where she appeared as the guest speaker. For some strange reason, I found myself saying to her as she was signing my book, "Your children are the jewels in your life," where she suddenly looked up with those wide "deep" eyes, looked straight into mine, and mouthed, "Thank you." We then posed for a quick photo that "almost" captures that moment for me.
Jen
Feb 07, 2008 Jen added it
This book was excellent - I was really surprised! I bought it in the airport on a whim (needed something to keep me occupied).

She has some great insights & practical application. She also includes spirituality into the equation.

Family/friends nearby are welcome to borrow this book or any that I still have on my shelves/drawers.
Marie
Jun 03, 2009 Marie rated it liked it
I found this book in a thrift store at a price I could not resist. I have long admired Naomi Judd for being both spirited and spiritual. This book is not rocket science, but a surprisingly insightful and amusing self-help guide that points out that we all have the right and power to improve ourselves and our lives.
Stuck on Lou
Mar 06, 2008 Stuck on Lou rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Wynona, Ashley
Shelves: self-help
Not the most inspiring book, but I did feel some genuine affection for Naomi Judd while I was reading it. Her heart's in the right place, the dear thing.
SueAnn
I only read up to page 40. At this point I want to read less self help type books and more positive inspiring books.
Jessie
Jessie added it
Sep 22, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Adrianne S. Verry
Adrianne S. Verry rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Cara
Cara marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Michelle Minton
Michelle Minton rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Felicia
Felicia rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2015
Jacquie Woodward
Jacquie Woodward rated it did not like it
Aug 02, 2015
Kathy  P
Kathy P rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Brenda Elkins
Brenda Elkins rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2015
Charlene Younkin
Charlene Younkin marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2014
Trisha
Trisha rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2014
Susie
Susie rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Stacy Galarza
Stacy Galarza is currently reading it
Feb 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
19645
Naomi Judd is an American country music singer, songwriter, and activist.
More about Naomi Judd...