Start by marking “And So Is Love” as Want to Read:
And So Is Love

And So Is Love

For two years of his ten-year prison sentence, Dane Faulkner has been a man best left alone. When Bailey Lewis disturbs his solitude and becomes a target for the local bullies, Dane finds the best way to protect him is to stake his own claim. What happens when the pretence becomes something more?
ebook, 1st Edition, 163 pages
Published September 1st 2010 by Extasy Books

To ask other readers questions about And So Is Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And So Is Love

SheReadsALot
If I read this book as my first introduction from this author, I'd have been a fan. Unfortunately, I didn't. There are a number of books of hers that I have started and forgotten because it couldn't hold my interest.

But...this book. *bats eyelashes*

I'm spouting love words for this one. I love prison romances always wish there was more out there that caught my fancy. I'm a fan of the show "Oz" always look out for a story that could give me a slice of its greatness. This book was a ride. And I enj
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
Photobucket

I liked it but didn't love it. I will explain my issues in my upcoming review. If you want to read a great prison story then check out Protection. Fair warning, you should be able to handle a sad ending (there is no HEA).

REVIEW TO COME...
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
There is a great deal of violence, including on-page murder and off-page rape, in this book. The story feels slightly rushed, considering it spans half a dozen years (I'm estimating, as it was hard to keep track) in fewer than 200 pages.

The prison in And So Is Love is a three-star hotel. Prisoners spend hours at the gym, wear their own clothes, and even have access to specialty beauty products. Lube and condoms are magically procured!

There is an undercurrent of tenderness in the relationship be
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
This was a weird story for me. I haven't read many prison romances, but I was excited to try this one because of some rave review from my friends. I was expecting something violent and gritty, which this book was. However, the romance for me was totally lacking, and I thought that Dane was a serious dick.

I'm very willing to suspend reality for romance books, and I do it all the time, but seriously?? With this one?? I don't even understand what was happening most of the time. Dane shanked like 1
Catherine
*** 4.5 Stars ***

I know this one - with its off-page rape and its on-page violence - won't be everyone's cuppa tea, but I loved it. Like, really loved it. The story dragged me into this foreign world of a men's medium security prison and make me think, and question, and sympathize. Never would I have guessed that Blackwell could make me care so much about these characters and the outcome of their relationship in just a little more than 100 pages, but she did.

By far the best I've read from this
Simsala
Sep 05, 2010 Simsala rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
This is the fourth book by Scarlet Blackwell that I`ve read and
every book is a bit better than the last.She`s now on my auto-buy list.
First I was a bit reluctant to give And So Is Love 5 stars because of the resemblance to a TV-series and the gay-for-you storyline.
But Dane and Bailey are still dominating my thoughts so I upped my rating from 4 to 5 stars.
It`s prison life as it is - dangerous,violent and...lonely.
Dane -sentenced for second-degree murder and for two years in prison - just wants t
Ami
Sep 01, 2010 Ami rated it really liked it
For two years of his ten-year prison sentence, Dane Faulkner has been a man best left alone. Then he gets a new roommate. Bailey Lewis is an out and proud gay man. But to shout his sexuality in prison is not a wise thing. Soon, Bailey becomes a target of the local bullies. At first, Dane doesn't care and refuses to get involved. Besides, he is not gay and there is no way he wants to smear his reputation that he has turned into "another fag" But when he sees Bailey almost get raped, Dane finds ...more
Macky
Another compelling story by a great m/m author. This woman knows how to put you through an emotional wringer and never fails to deliver books that take you out of the comfort zone of sweet romance and throw you into worlds were people are flawed but passion runs high. Prison stories are never sunshine and flowers so to be able to create such a wonderful love story amongst such a harsh environment is a testament to her writing skills. I couldn't put this down and fell totally head over heels for ...more
Alina
Jan 31, 2012 Alina rated it it was amazing
This book is simply wonderful!
It's not an easy read and quite an emotional roller coaster at times, and yeah, I've cried my eyes out reading the penultimate chapters, but sweet Jesus, the ending was so good and satisfying I cried happy tears again.
I would recommend this story for anyone!
And the cover just fits the book - gorgeous.
Ice
THIS BOOK IS ONE OF THE BEST M/M BOOKS THAT I HAVE HAD READ!!! Full of angst and a very dark read (even violent at times), but is beautifully done! YOU ROCK, SCARLET BLACKWELL!!! Great job!
Marita Hansen
Dec 22, 2012 Marita Hansen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, m-m
I was doing a buddy read for this book, but I was a bad buddy and read it WAY too fast. But in my defense, there should be a warning on this book saying: CAN'T PUT DOWN ONCE PICKED UP! I read it all in one go, absolutely loved it. (It's 2AM now! Which says a lot) It was one of those heart-melting books that leaves you all gooey inside like a Scottish deep-fried Mars Bar. Though, I wish the cover was changed, because if the book wasn't suggested to me I would've bypassed it.

Anyway, this is a true
Vallie
May 18, 2015 Vallie rated it really liked it
Shelves: spicy-hot, mm, killerz
Prison love, man. It's hard. I don't know how realistic this was but Bailey and Dane moved me more than I thought they would. It's like their bond slowly sneaked up on me. Per typical Blackwell fashion, and fitting to the prison set-up, one of the MCs was physically and emotionally abusive at times, with a lot of back and forth until the very end. But that longing...that waiting to hear from one another, the pining, and the depression, and the desperation...it got to me big time. It was epic, ...more
Shannon
Jan 17, 2013 Shannon rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book! I mean really, really loved it. Brutal, sweet, angsty and just everything I love. Two prisoners started out enemies and ended up so much more. Their journey just sucked but that just made it all the sweeter.
Amy
Feb 11, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars...That was a surprisingly sweet and sexy GFY story! I loved it!! Some parts did seem a little rushed, but overall I really enjoyed :)
orannia
Apr 28, 2011 orannia rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Four and a quarter stars. I think Scarlet Blackwell writes amazing, angst-filled books. But...although the setting (a prison) added to the tension, I think it raised the tension a little too high for me. There was a definition Shawshank Redeption feel, and at times I was incredibly concerned about the health and welfare of the two main characters that I had to skip on to make sure that 1) they were OK and 2) they weren't caught. And yes, although it finished in a way that some might consider ...more
Sandra
I enjoyed this but there wasn't great character development or explanations of peoples actions. The guys were so incredibly antagonistic to each other right off the bat, but then they fall in love (supposedly) without any explanation as to what they even like about each other. Bailey holds on for deal life when Dane is a total ass pretty much all the time. Why?

If someone wanted a similar story I would recommend Protection by S.A. Reid. It's darker and more intense but also more plausible and a
Kelster
Apr 16, 2014 Kelster rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I swooned and sighed and even became emotional at times. The sex scenes were hot as hell and the growing relationship between Dane and Bailey was great to witness. I liked Dane's transition and being there for every step of it.
Elisa Rolle
Prison romances are not so common in the classical romance genre, probably since this is probably really the only affair where the two lovers HAVE to be men; but with the raising of the Gay romance also this theme is taking a turn and it’s not the first time I read one. The main big difference this time is that both men are guilty of the crime for which they are in prison; prison novels in general, and prison romances above all, have to respect the rule that the goods are good and the bads are ...more
Lara
3.5 Stars. I did have some issues with the writing at first. The descriptions were just too blatant. She tells us "this is what Dane/Bailey looks like" and "this is what they act like." For some reason that just didn't flow for me. Not exactly my favorite writing style. And the prison atmosphere seemed very un-prison like. But I've never been to prison, so maybe that's how it is. Maybe you get to roam around all day doing whatever you want, listening to your iPod, working out in the gym, ...more
Milica
Jun 05, 2015 Milica rated it it was ok
Even on my best day (and this one is not) I can only suspend my disbelief that much...

I haven't been to prison,but at least I know what maximum level prison encompsasses. And that's not owning of an iPod (WTF?!), free carrying of knives and all sort of privileges that do not exist in a prison,let alone maximum security one. Then there were rapings,beatings,killing of other inmates and all that without any repercutions and basically under the watch of guards.

Secondly, I think I never read a book
B
Jan 22, 2014 B rated it it was amazing
Highly recommend this book
WOW! the story of inmates in prison and how they find love. the struggles in prison are not sugar coted by the writer, Dane was such great character strong, alpha homophobe, but what a turn around life did on him when Baily was put in his cell(sweet, brave Baily ).
I was at the end of my nerves with the violence and rape depicted on this book but I read it in one day not being able to put it down. The
the Shawshank redemption has nothing on this book.
There were some typ
MsOPP
Jul 05, 2011 MsOPP rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011-qgb-3
Ugh! I want to kick Dane in the nuts, repeatedly! I wish Bailey had!
Don Bradshaw
Jun 21, 2014 Don Bradshaw rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay-romance, prison
I can't give a better review than the one below by SheReadsALot. This was Ms Blackwell's best.
L-D
Prison love - not really something you think about on a regular basis. This book was really interesting to me and it kind of reminded me of the now defunct HBO series, Oz, which is probably why I really enjoyed this book. Now, don't get me wrong - there's nothing actually "enjoyable" about this book. Lots of bad shit happens and life is hard...really, really hard. It makes you wonder what kind of people can survive that kind of life and while you don't always condone their actions, you can try ...more
Lilah
Jan 31, 2016 Lilah rated it it was amazing
Wow! It was so confusing and sometimes rushed, but at the same time I felt so emotionally drained, I actually cried

Yeah, we could admit Bailey and Dane are quite opposites and at first glance, their love is... strange, but it's only proof for love hitting us where we don't expect it. Prison is only background showing no matter who you are, no matter what you've done in your life - you can always love - damn with others who say you can't. Love is stronger than cell bars, separation, stronger th
Julia ♥Duncan♥
This was not nearly as traumatic as I thought it was going to be. I thought the characters had great chemistry and were really cute together. Unfortunately I found the book really unrealistic. (view spoiler) ...more
Camilla
Mar 28, 2011 Camilla rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle

I'm pretty torn about this book.. I feel like it could have been an epic love story... if it hadnt been sooo rushed..

Its about a straight guy falling in love with his gay cellmate, in prison.. Just that one line makes me shiver, because that could be the start of an extremly interesting and hot, sweet, sexy, heartbreaking and heartwarming story..

It just wasnt.. It was sooo rushed that we didnt get to know the emotional parts of the characters.. We just quickly read what they felt and in the next
Shelby P
Nov 28, 2012 Shelby P rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, prison-romance
I've been wanting to read this book for months now. Ever since I read Protection I wanted to read another prison romance. I liked Bailey's spunk and character but I think he could have toned it down a bit. You can't antagonize people in prison and not expect to get your ass kicked. I didn't like how Dane abused Bailey just because he couldn't deal with his own feelings. That was so not cool.

I did get drawn into their romance. I was rooting for them. I love Officer Malone. I loved Dane's parole s
Cara Dee
Jun 29, 2013 Cara Dee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 5-stars, gfy
I loved this book. It was a sexy and believable mix between reality and fiction. With some g4u books, the so-called straight character is suddenly gay at the sight of a dick, but that's definitely not Dane. It started out with a pushy guy offering sex and comfort, and Dane was unwillingly drawn to both. But he resisted for a long time - although it didn't feel very long when you read it - and he struggled with his feelings for Bailey for years. Comfort and sex was one thing, but like me, Dane ...more
Didi
Feb 10, 2015 Didi rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, m-m, contemporary
Tissue alert!!! And teeth-grinding (boy, how I hurt my teeth...).
This is not my usual choice for reading, fact I'm still amazed I pick this title out of Miss Blackwell's back-list. It's dark, brutal, sappy, emotional, and sweet. I repeatedly wanted to either box Dane's head or smack Bailey, the way these two "kuh-myoo-ni-keyt" with each other.
And bring them boxes of tissue.
  • Protection
  • College Boys (Men of Holsum College, #1)
  • The Cellmate
  • Fourth and Long
  • Just For You
  • Cowboys Down
  • You and a Billion Blue Tiles
  • Black Hurricane (Boston Boys, #3)
  • The Broken Triangle (The Square Peg, #2)
  • Getting off the Ground (Changing Plans Book 1)
  • Lover & Commander
  • More Than Make-Believe
  • Different Strokes
  • And Call Me in the Morning (And Call Me in the Morning #1)
  • The Star Man
  • Snow Angel
  • The Charlie Factor (Beach Duo, #1)
  • Disasterology 101
Scarlet writes erotic romance.

Scarlet would rather stick pins in her eyes than go on Facebook but now sees the necessary evil of it. Please join her there for useless writing-related ramblings and hot men musings and ease her in gently. Bah.
More about Scarlet Blackwell...