Start by marking “The Holy Spirit: Activating God's Power in Your Life” as Want to Read:
The Holy Spirit: Activating God's Power in Your Life

The Holy Spirit: Activating God's Power in Your Life

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  393 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Exciting, revolutionary power is available exclusively to you as a Christian . . .

It is the supernatural power:

To transform human nature To be the salt of the earth, and the light of the world To bring about a dramatic but peaceful revolution in those around you To face any crisis
You cannot buy this extraordinary power, nor can you find it by searching the earth for it. As
Published April 11th 2000 by Thomas Nelson (first published 1978)

Steve
I like Graham, but he works best for me when he's on TV (though those days are now gone). I believe he has one of the most distinctive voices in America. On top of that, I think he's a good man (unlike some other clowns in the same business). This is a good book, but it seems a bit redundant at times. It's probably best to read it in small chapter sized bites, and then meditate on it for a while.
Dana
Apr 04, 2014 Dana rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: faith
This is a helpful book, as the Holy Spirit is the least-understood member of the Trinity. It sheds light on how the Spirit works today, and describes the various gifts and fruit of the Spirit, with a particularly useful section on sign gifts.
As it was written in 1978, some of the terminology, social issues, and translations of the Bible are not what we use today, making it a little hard to comprehend in some places. And maybe there is an updated version--my library only had an old copy.
I would
Aimee Guerrero
Very deep and informative. Learned a lot about the Holy Spirit because of this. A powerful read.
Kim Karpeles
Billy Graham's book is an introductory look at the third person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit. His perspective is evangelical, and his foundation is Scripture. His tone is conciliatory yet firm in the often-divisive topics of speaking in tongues, requisite baptism by the Holy Spirit for salvation, and private prayer languages.

First published in 1978, the examples are dated, but the theological truths are eternally current. Graham distills challenging theological concepts down to their core an
Fogrider
This wonderful book was a great comfort to me. The things Graham covers in this book make good sense, and he writes with authority. I think that many of us do not grasp the full potential of our Christianity, and the insights this book offers makes you think. Graham's writing is so gentle and moving.
Wyatt Michael
Written by Billy Graham, one of the few Patriarchs of our time, about God the Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the Trinity. Are you going to tell me this is a boring or uninteresting read?
Carlos R Rives
Great source of encouragement.

Every Christian should read this book. Once you start reading this book you will not be able to put it down.
Brad H
Oct 02, 2007 Brad H rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people
I was interested in this book after reading the excellent book called Angels by Billy Graham. I thought it was interesting and certainly good to hear the wisdom from Billy. I just realized that i left my notes at work, so ill have to update this part later.

Okay, found my notes, and i thought that i had more, but here is what i had.

ill have to get the page references, but one thing that i thought was interesting was the three things (roles) that the Holy Spirit does.
1) It convicts of sin
2) Convin
Kathy Jackson
This book was my first by Billy Graham. His writing style is down-to-earth and in only a few areas did I find myself seeking further enlightenment because he spoke over my head. I never realized the full import of the Holy Spirit - it is truly amazing.
Eric Beaty
I was trying to find another book similar to "The Holy Spirit" by R.A. Torrey - which is awesome, by the way -- and couldn't find anything worth reading on the subject. Then I found this book in the library, started reading it, and was very impressed at the wisdom in it's pages.

A great resource if you're seeking to understand how the Holy Spirit of God works in a Christian's life.
Rena Sherwood
This book is one of the reasons that I am now an atheist. What a bunch of crap! Should be filed under "fiction."
David
Good for an overall understanding of the Holy Spirit. Covers all the main points on the Holy Spirit: His importance, spiritual gifts, terminology, history, etc.
Rl Keller
Although I was interrupted by the holidays and many personal endeavors, I finally finished this book. As with all Billy Graham's books, it was informative, easy to understand and flowed as if he were speaking to you. I enjoyed it and will no doubt be referring to it as I do my own writing.
Jean
Billy Graham expertly and scripturally explains the purpose and need of the Holy Spirit in every Christian's life, whether you are living lukewarm or are on fire for Him. We are living in spiritual poverty and need an awakening of the Holy Spirit's power. Learn how by reading this book!
Leslie Jebaraj
The first book on the Holy Spirit that I've read. It was very helpful to me when I was floundering in my young days without any solid biblical teaching on the Spirit and his work. A comprehensive guide!
Marieli
read this when I was not only a young woman, but a young Christian. Showed my who the Holy Spirit was and who He wasn't. To not be afraid of Him and to see how He works in my life.
Erin (Paperback stash) *is juggle-reading*
Better and easier to read than I thought it would be. Pretty cool points brought up I didn't consider before. At times the book droned on a little but overall not boring.
Gail Travillian
Good study of the Holy Spirit. At first I thought Graham was being repetitive, but he has a way of summarizing and pulling it all together at the end of the chapters.
Paul
Very Good!!!! I think if you questioning about your christian life. It got good points about Christianity. You need to read it.
Grant Davis
marvelous book that lays the teaching on the Holy Spirit out on a very understandable level!
Carl
Aug 19, 2012 Carl added it
Billy at his work, doing what he does, to help understand what he thinks of the Holy Spirit
David Taylor
This is a great book to read if you wanna know more about the Holy Spirit.
Susan
Jun 11, 2013 Susan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Susan by: Pastor
Awesome book on learning about the Holy Spirit in detail.
Mike
Aug 11, 2011 Mike added it
Basic overview of the Holy Spirit. A good primer.
Jean
Owner Paul Rosner
borrowed and did not return
Chapel Heights
5 paperback and 2 hardcover copies
Catherine
Very easy to read. Detailed.
Linda
Jul 29, 2010 Linda added it
Great book on the Holy Spirit.
George
  • How to Pray
  • Fresh Power: Experiencing the Vast Resources of the Spirit of God
  • Kingdoms in Conflict
  • Improving Your Serve: The Art of Unselfish Living
  • The Invisible War: What Every Believer Needs to Know about Satan, Demons, and Spiritual Warfare
  • Wisdom Hunter
  • The Preacher and the Presidents: Billy Graham in the White House
  • What the Bible is All About Bible Handbook
  • The Worship Warrior
husband to Ruth Bell Graham
father of Ruth Graham, Gigi Graham Tchividjian, & Anne Graham Lotz, Nelson, & Franklin Graham

Dr. Billy Graham has authored more than 150 books.

Billy Graham's Son, Franklin Graham has taken the reigns of his ministry.

Billy Graham was married to Ruth (Bell) Graham until her death in 2007. Ruth Graham, was born Ruth Bell in Qingjiang, Kiangsu, China. Ruth's parents
More about Billy Graham...
Just as I Am Angels: God's Secret Agents Nearing Home: Life, Faith, and Finishing Well The Journey: Living by Faith in an Uncertain World Storm Warning

“The Lord is not only tender and merciful and full of compassion, but He is also the God of justice, holiness and wrath…Compassion is not complete in itself, but must be accompanied by inflexible justice and wrath against sin and a desire for holiness. What stirs God most is not physical suffering but sin. All too often we are more afraid of physical pain than of moral wrong. The cross is the standing evidence of the fact that holiness is a principle for which God would die. God cannot clear the guilty until atonement is made. Mercy is what we need and that is what we receive at the foot of the cross.” 8 likes
“Are you perhaps one of those who worries about having committed the unpardonable sin? If so, you should face squarely what the Bible says on this subject, not what you may have heard from others. The unpardonable sin is rejecting the truth about Christ. It is rejecting, completely and finally, the witness of the Holy Spirit, which declares that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who alone can save us from our sins. Have you rejected Christ in your own life, and said in your heart that what the Bible teaches about Him is a lie? Then I tell you as solemnly and as sincerely as I know how that you are in a very dangerous position. I urge you without delay to accept the truth about Christ, and to come to humble confession and repentance and faith. It would be tragic for you to persist in your unbelief, and eventually go into eternity without hope and without God.” 5 likes