Start by marking “Taking Cover” as Want to Read:
Taking Cover

Taking Cover (Wingmen Warriors #2)

Dr. Kathleen O'Connell's years in the air force had taught her a thing or two about handling arrogant top-gun pilots. But there was one hotshot flyboy who'd always gotten past her defenses. And now he was her unwelcome partner--on the most dangerous mission of her career.

Captain Tanner "Bronco" Bennett had always known how to break through her cool, professional exterior a
Published November 1st 2002 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about Taking Cover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking Cover

S.L.
Oct 02, 2007 S.L. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recentlyread
Unsurprisingly, another winner by Catherine Mann. I'm catching up in this series, slowly but surely. All right, I'm still five years behind, but that's catching up!

Tanner "Bronco" Bennett and Dr. Kathleen O'Connell have known each other since their Air Force Academy days. Even then, attraction simmered between them. The fact that it lingers in the present wouldn't be nearly as annoying if Kathleen didn't insist on doing her doctoring duty and taking Tanner off active duty when a back injury flar
Mareli
Aug 18, 2013 Mareli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
mmmmmm 3.5 stars.

This story is a bit boring. I liked the plot and the suspense - but not the ending :( but the couple was a bit boring. In this book I had to work hard to find any chemistry between them (and they have a 12 years history!!!).

I'm beginning to understand that this series is more family-oriented than action-oriented. It's not a problem for me, I love family stories. But this one was a sort of middle land between family and action and it was as neither fish nor good red meat IMO.

Onto
The Book Worm
Mar 04, 2016 The Book Worm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book started amazingly well. I was so hooked from page one that I kept thinking it was truly going to be 5-stars worthy. But when I was halfway through, things seemed to stall (even though there's supposed to be a lot of action and suspense), so I can't bring myself to give it more than 4 stars, and even then I may be stretching it, but I've always been a bit partial towards military romance, and Catherine Mann certainly knows what she's writing about.

What I liked:
- The background stories
Maria
Apr 28, 2013 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The hero and the heroine share a past and an unsolved attraction. They are both strong characters.
The way Miss Mann writes the chemistry between the couple, the sensuality, the flowing of emotions, is wonderful, as I've noticed in some of her books that I've read previously.
Catherine Mann creates a sunny hero with a wounded soul, an irresistable paradox. Big, blond, blue eyes, dimples. Protective, honorable, likes to laugh.
I also appreciated the heroine, multidimensional, strong and vulnerable,
Felicia
Sep 02, 2010 Felicia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't think I was going to like this book. I thought it would be too mundane, since I normally like my romance either as sci-fi or with spies. However, it was exceptionally good. Nice plot with a bit of mystery and good characters that moved along quickly. Exciting and fun!
Sandy
Jan 14, 2012 Sandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. The first I've read from Catherine Mann. Can't wait to read the rest of her stuff.
Kristin (These Pretty Words)
I loved this one! Bronco really grabbed my heart and Doc was just the right blend of independent and insecure after a disasterous marriage. I can't wait for the next one.
Tessie
Dec 18, 2014 Tessie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-kindle
It was an enjoyable book. The story-line was intriguing and the characters likable. A good afternoon read.
Brittany Farrell
Brittany Farrell rated it it was ok
Feb 29, 2016
Ctina2426
Ctina2426 rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2013
Caitie
Caitie rated it liked it
May 18, 2009
Mary Lee
Mary Lee rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2010
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2011
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Miranda
Miranda rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2013
Kandy
Kandy rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2017
farmwifetwo
farmwifetwo rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2009
Carrie
Carrie rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2009
Larry
Larry rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2013
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2011
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2014
Samantha GIles
Samantha GIles rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2014
Christina Trevaskis
Christina Trevaskis rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2009
Geneva Vaughn
Geneva Vaughn rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2016
Petya
Petya rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it did not like it
Jan 15, 2012
Samantha
Samantha rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2013
Lori
Lori rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2010
Shawna
Shawna rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2013
Megan Dumaine
Megan Dumaine rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2007
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Holiday Heroes: A Soldier for All Seasons/Christmas at His Command (Conard County, #17)
  • Blade's Lady
  • At Your Command
  • Into The Fire (First Responders, #3)
  • Undercover Princess (Royally Wed, #2)
  • The SEAL's Surprise Baby
  • When You Call My Name (Hatfield, #2)
  • Crossing The Line
  • Relentless (In Too Deep #2)
  • Flyboy
  • Letters from Home (McPherson Brothers, #1)
  • The Doctor Takes a Princess (Harlequin Special Edition)
  • Hot on the Hunt (ICE: Black Ops Defenders #3)
  • SEALed with a Promise (SEALed, #2)
  • The Temptation of Sean MacNeill (Sweet Home, Carolina, #4; MacNeill Brothers, #3)
USA Today bestseller Catherine Mann and RITA Award winner, Catherine writes contemporary romance for Berkley, Harlequin, Sourcebooks and Tule. With over sixty books released in more than twenty countries, she has also celebrated six RITA finals, an RT Reviewer’s Award finalist, three Maggie Award of Excellence finals and a Bookseller’s Best win. A former theater school director and university inst ...more
More about Catherine Mann...

Wingmen Warriors (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Grayson's Surrender (Wingmen Warriors, #1)
  • Under Siege (Wingmen Warriors, #3)
  • Private Maneuvers (Wingmen Warriors, #4)
  • Strategic Engagement (Wingmen Warriors, #5)
  • Anything, Anywhere, Anytime (Wingmen Warriors, #6)
  • Joint Forces (Wingmen Warriors, #7)
  • Explosive Alliance (Wingmen Warriors, #9)
  • The Captive's Return (Wingmen Warriors, #10)
  • Awaken to Danger (Wingmen Warriors, #11)
  • Fully Engaged (Wingmen Warriors, #12)