Taking Cover

Taking Cover (Wingmen Warriors #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Dr. Kathleen O'Connell's years in the air force had taught her a thing or two about handling arrogant top-gun pilots. But there was one hotshot flyboy who'd always gotten past her defenses. And now he was her unwelcome partner--on the most dangerous mission of her career.

Captain Tanner "Bronco" Bennett had always known how to break through her cool, professional exterior a...more
Published November 1st 2002 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about Taking Cover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking Cover

S.L.
Unsurprisingly, another winner by Catherine Mann. I'm catching up in this series, slowly but surely. All right, I'm still five years behind, but that's catching up!

Tanner "Bronco" Bennett and Dr. Kathleen O'Connell have known each other since their Air Force Academy days. Even then, attraction simmered between them. The fact that it lingers in the present wouldn't be nearly as annoying if Kathleen didn't insist on doing her doctoring duty and taking Tanner off active duty when a back injury flar...more
Mareli
mmmmmm 3.5 stars.

This story is a bit boring. I liked the plot and the suspense - but not the ending :( but the couple was a bit boring. In this book I had to work hard to find any chemistry between them (and they have a 12 years history!!!).

I'm beginning to understand that this series is more family-oriented than action-oriented. It's not a problem for me, I love family stories. But this one was a sort of middle land between family and action and it was as neither fish nor good red meat IMO.

Onto...more
Maria
The hero and the heroine share a past and an unsolved attraction. They are both strong characters.
The way Miss Mann writes the chemistry between the couple, the sensuality, the flowing of emotions, is wonderful, as I've noticed in some of her books that I've read previously.
Catherine Mann creates a sunny hero with a wounded soul, an irresistable paradox. Big, blond, blue eyes, dimples. Protective, honorable, likes to laugh.
I also appreciated the heroine, multidimensional, strong and vulnerable,...more
Felicia
I didn't think I was going to like this book. I thought it would be too mundane, since I normally like my romance either as sci-fi or with spies. However, it was exceptionally good. Nice plot with a bit of mystery and good characters that moved along quickly. Exciting and fun!
Kristin (These Pretty Words)
I loved this one! Bronco really grabbed my heart and Doc was just the right blend of independent and insecure after a disasterous marriage. I can't wait for the next one.
Sandy
I really liked this book. The first I've read from Catherine Mann. Can't wait to read the rest of her stuff.
noemi
noemi marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Irvy
Irvy marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Carly Ann
Carly Ann marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Nana Agyemang
Nana Agyemang marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Jenni Shaw-olsen
Jenni Shaw-olsen marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Good Reader
Good Reader marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Yoko
Yoko marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
USA Today bestselling author Catherine Mann writes contemporary romance for Berkley, Harlequin, and Sourcebooks, with her work reprinted in more than twenty countries. A RITA Award winner, she lives on the Florida coast where she and her military flyboy husband have brought up four children. An active volunteer with her local Humane Society, Catherine enjoys writing while foster puppies nap on her...more
More about Catherine Mann...
Cover Me (Elite Force, #1) Hot Zone (Elite Force #2) Under Fire (Elite Force, #3) Defender (Dark Ops, #1) Free Fall (Elite Force, #4)