Start by marking “Parlor Games” as Want to Read:

Parlor Games

Do you dare open the door and enter a place like no other?

In these three historical tales of sensual awakening, nothing that stimulates and titillates is taboo, ecstasy comes in many sizes, and pleasure is its own reward . . . a world of seduction and sensation, where inhibitions are unlaced and desires long corseted are gloriously freed. . . .

Fallen Angel Jess Michaels

Lon
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published May 23rd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Parlor Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parlor Games

Eastofoz
Jun 18, 2009 Eastofoz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers who want some added spice to their romance but don't mind rushed endings
It’s too bad this anthology wasn’t longer because the stories have the makings of some good stuff had the endings not been rushed. There are three distinct stories set in different periods with some spicy sex. Short stories (at least what I’ve read) often tend to suffer from the low word count and with these three you have a perfect example of needless “suffering” (!)

Jess Michaels’ story was the one I liked the least despite the fact that that’s why I bought the book (her full length novels are
Holly
Nov 24, 2008 Holly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fallen Angel by Jess Michaels

Someone is out to get Arabella Nichols, the notorious London madam known as the Fallen Angel and so Arabella hires a disgraced Bow Street Runner named John Valentine to protect her. She wants Valentine's protection and she wouldn't say no to his services in bed either, but she's only willing to play by her terms. Valentine is willing to take another chance at love but if he is to protect her, he needs her to trust him so he can find her stalker.

I'm sorry. Does Arabe
Mey Buentipo
steamy....funny and adventurous. The first short story is from Jess Michaels titled Fallen Angel. The story about a former bow street runner and a mistress. I loved her books. So no telling that I enjoyed the story. The second is from Leda Swann titled Parlor Games. First book I read from this author. For me it did not go well from. I am confused of the story. It is different from other I read. It is between a woman who became a milliner and a writer. Well, the story not from the ordinary becaus ...more
Claire Mojieski
This is a collection of three short erotic stories. I didn't really have a favorite out of the three, I thought they were all just okay. It was hard to believe that the characters in any of them actually fell in love. The idea of love was thrown in at the end real quick and the reader is supposed to believe that somewhere along the way the characters fell in love. It's more like they fell in lust and decide that that is better than being alone. It would probably have been better if they had been ...more
Maura
Marianne
Mar 11, 2011 Marianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fallen Angel by Jess Michaels
Arabella Nichols – a stunning beauty and a notorious madam
John Valentine – handsome, sexy and a disgraced Bow Street Runner.
Someone is stalking her: she hires him for protection. But they both have something to hide and will need to trust each other with the truth before the would-be killer can be unmasked.
Jess Michaels brings us a romantic tale of intrigue with some highly erotic love scenes.

Parlor Games by Leda Swan
Sarah Chesham - a curate’s daughter, an innocent
Megan
Overall I had to give this anthology 4 stars because of the last story- "Border Lord." At a quick glance I needed to be reminded that this anthology is worth its spot on my keeper shelf.

“Fallen Angel” by Jess Michaels. 3 stars. This is the first anthology erotic romance I’ve read, so I’m not sure I’m a good judge on the short stories or not. However, this story was okay. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great either. This story is 90 pages in length. John Valentine is a disgraced Bow Street Runner
Jun 21, 2011 Sarah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scrapped
I enjoy Jess Michaels, her male characters are often strong and sexy and her sex scenes are usually decently hot. I was looking forward to the three short stories here, but none of the stories peaked my interest and I ended up flipping thru the virtual pages just to get done. Oh, and don't get me started on the sex scenes. Talking about wild, taboo sex in the summary? Hahahaha, WHERE? The sex wasn't at all wild and certainly not even mildly "taboo."
Lynde Shaw
A good, but not great read by Jess Michaels. The love scenes were steamy but I felt both characters were one dimensional. I didn't connect emotionally to either one. A disgraced Bow Street Runner is hired by a Madame to protect her and investigate who is trying to kill her. The storyline was kind of blah. It skimmed some of it and had difficulty keeping my attention on the book. I've read much better from Ms. Michaels.
Splage
Very very bad, especially the 2nd story "Parlor Games", it wasn't sexy or erotic- the couple didn't even like each other - then they loved each other -huh? The other 2 stories were okay, the 3rd being the best because I like highlanders, but it was rushed because it was a short story. This wasn't worth my time.
Tressa
Jan 17, 2011 Tressa rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
This is a collection of three stories and I'm not sure what to make of it. All of the stories felt perfunctory. The strongest story was "Parlor Games" by Leda Swann. Unfortunately, due to the brevity of the stories, the characters and plots were broadly sketched. It was difficult to like any of the characters or understand the depths of their motivations.
Mayra
Jul 09, 2013 Mayra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
NO, I did not read this one- Can you give a book a negative 5? I bought the audiobook for a long business trip- do they pay the narrator by minute? I have never heard a more rushed narration, the woman even sounded out of breath!
Adriana

FALLEN ANGEL by Jess Michaels
2 Stars-Okay

PARLOR GAMES by Leda Swann
2 Stars-Okay

BORDER LORD by Julia Templeton
3 Stars-Good

It's always a hit or miss with Antholgies. Fallen Angel and Parlor Games were just okay. I enjoyed Border Lord the most.
Amber Gray
Three stories of erotic romance in a historical setting.

The first story by Jess Michaels was good, but found something to be lacking.

Leda Swann's story was very good and very steamy

Julia Templeton's story was good, but not great.
penelopewanders
Anthology... I liked the second one best - couldn't relate to the first at all which I found basically irritating.
Jean
This book was ok. I found the first story to be the slowest of the 3 in the book, but then the pace picked up with the 2nd and 3rd stories. Overall, a decent read.
Katie
Apr 22, 2011 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, adult-content
This was different. It has three mini stories in one. I truly loved the last in the book. The other two were ok in my opinion, but the last I thought was really good and cute.
Jen
I listened to the audiobook which probably contributes to this poor rating. That said, none of these stories particularly engaged me.
DemetraP
Aug 28, 2016 DemetraP rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Forgettable. Nothing in this collection stood out. I thought the time travel story was particularly dumb. Nothing was explained.
Rctgale
Apparently this is biographical historical fiction based on a real individual. It kept my attention but was too repetitive to be great.
Maria
Dec 16, 2013 Maria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Jess Michaels' "Fallen Angel" in this collection of novellas. I didn't care for the other two.
MJ
Nov 02, 2009 MJ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jesse Michael's story is the best story. It is filled with a sensuality and passion. By the time, I finished reading it, it felt like I read a lengthy novel.
April
Holy hell this is a real down and dirty anthology!! It was more erotica that happened to be set in Regency times. I also felt it was missing real emotional connections.
Gordana
Whoa, this was a kicked up romance!
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2011
Mona
Mona rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2010
Rina
Rina rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2012
Scorp26
Scorp26 rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2014
Laurie
Laurie rated it it was ok
Feb 27, 2009
  • Warrior
  • Dangerous Desires
  • Lawless (Untamed, #2)
  • Secrets: Volume 2
  • Black Silk (Rodesson's Daughters, #2)
  • Three
  • If This Bed Could Talk
  • Perfect Kisses
  • Fascinated
  • Private Places (The Men and Women's Club, #2, The Courtesan Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Rogue for a Night (Stoneworth, #2)
  • His Carnal Need (Xylon Warriors, #2)
  • The Art of Desire (Berkley Heat, #1)
  • Alluring Tales: Hot Holiday Nights
USA Today Bestselling author Jess Michaels likes geeky stuff, Vanilla Coke Zero, anything coconut, cheese, fluffy cats, smooth cats, any cats, many dogs and people who care about the welfare of their fellow humans. She watches too much daytime court shows, but just enough Once Upon a Time (CaptainSwan FOR LIFE). She is lucky enough to be married to her favorite person in the world and live in a be ...more
More about Jess Michaels...