Start by marking “3rd Degree (Women's Murder Club, #3)” as Want to Read:
3rd Degree (Women's Murder Club, #3)

3rd Degree (Women's Murder Club #3)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  60,191 Ratings  ·  1,706 Reviews
Detective Lindsay Boxer is jogging along a beautiful San Francisco street when a fiery explosion rips through the neighborhood. A town house owned by an Internet millionaire is immediately engulfed in flames, and when Lindsay plunges inside to search for survivors, she finds three people dead. An infant who lived in the house cannot be found - and a mysterious message at t ...more
Hardcover, Large Print , 438 pages
Published March 1st 2004 by Little Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about 3rd Degree, please sign up.

Les Bate i am too! and i'm so lucky i happened to read 1st to die "unintentionally" of all james patterson's books. And i might say he is at fault why i became…morei am too! and i'm so lucky i happened to read 1st to die "unintentionally" of all james patterson's books. And i might say he is at fault why i became a book stalker.. (less)
Parmie I noticed the the same thing when I was reading as well. I am a natural proofer and thought, "Do they know that the name has been changed in the…moreI noticed the the same thing when I was reading as well. I am a natural proofer and thought, "Do they know that the name has been changed in the series?'(less)

Miriam Smith
"3rd Degree" by James Patterson is the third book in the Women's Murder Club series. Having read the previous two I was looking forward to this one.
Unfortunately I've ended up skipping chapters just so I didn't have to record it as unfinished. I found it very disappointing, the plot within the storyline was boring and the female characters just weren't the same - Claire especially just wasn't her normal bubbly strong self. I've read other readers reviews and it still seems to have a good followi
Krystin Rachel
This book was all cheese.

The story line was cheese.

The dialogue was cheese.

And the romance was mega cheese.

But, let's face it: most of us aren't reading these novels for the literary brilliance.

The Women's Murder Club series is my favourite to read of Patterson's. They are fast and entertaining...yes, including all the cheese.

I like to make a game out of taking a shot every time one of the female characters says something no women would say to another women, even if they are best friends. Seri
Li'l Owl
Another excellent installment of Women's Murder Club series by James Patterson and Andrew Gross.
Enjoyed it just as much as the first time I listened to it on Audible audio book. Narrator Carolyn McCormick is pretty good, too.
Very sad ending, though.
Rebecca
Dec 08, 2011 Rebecca rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
James Patterson is basically running a mystery novel factory, and it shows in this book. The novel goes through the motions acceptably enough--there are clues and ratcheting tension and figures come back from the past and deaths of people close to the protagonist and a love interest. But the entire thing feels rather formulaic and thin.

Somehow, despite shocking revelations and stunning returns from the dead, you're never quite shocked or stunned. There isn't enough of an emotional connection est
Erica
Matilda
3rd degree by James Patterson and just wow...... It was amazing. This is the third book in the women’s murder club ,I loved the first one it was amazing
The second book, while I loved I didn’t really get into it as much as the first and then there was this one it was shocking. Not in a bad way in a good way. It had me so shocked James Patterson books can do that to you. They are really quick reads and have so many twists and turns leaving you wanting to read more.
On the front cover it says “on
Πάνος Τουρλής
Στο τρίτο βιβλίο της σειράς με τη Γυναικεία Λέσχη Φόνων, το Σαν Φρανσίσκο δέχεται τρομοκρατικά χτυπήματα που αποσκοπούν στην τιμωρία των ισχυρών οικονομικών παραγόντων, εκπροσώπων τραπεζών, διεθνών οργανισμών εμπορίου κλπ. που πλουτίζουν κοροϊδεύοντας τον κόσμο, τη στιγμή που σε υπανάπτυκτες ή αναπτυσσόμενες χώρες ο κόσμος δεν έχει καν τα στοιχειώδη για να επιζήσει. Ποιος κρύβεται πίσω από αυτές τις δολοφονικές επιθέσεις και πώς θα το χειριστεί η υπαστυνόμος Λίνζι Μπόξερ με τις φίλες της;

Αυτό ήτ
Ivy
Marisa Meiga
Jul 18, 2017 Marisa Meiga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
Al igual que sucede en las dos entregas anteriores, la protagonista indiscutible y el personaje que más se desarrolla es el de Lindsay Boxer, teniente de la Policía de San Francisco, y como coprotagonistas tenemos a sus amigas, con las que forma el Club de las mujeres contra el crimen.
De nuevo, los capítulos son cortos, lo que hace la lectura muy rápida. La forma de escribir de Patterson es sencilla y ágil.
Continuaré leyendo el Club, me están gustando mucho, mucho.
Marleen
It's great to be able to read these Women Murder Club books in a row. I enjoy them for their pace and for having just enough content to hook me into the plot. Admittedly, the story-lines in these books aren't elaborately plotted, but they give the reader enough information to be interested. Same goes for the characterization; sometimes you wish the authors would delve a little deeper. Take Jill for instance, the ADA, and friend to Lindsay, Claire and Cindy; I wish I would have known a better. I ...more
Bex
May 25, 2010 Bex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This is my first James Patterson novel, and not the last. 3rd Degree is a fast moving story with interesting characters and, most importantly, a suspenseful story. His short chapters kept my interest where I didn't want to put the book down. I actually read the book in one day, i just couldnt put it down.

One morning while Lt. Lindsay Boxer of the San Francisco Police Dept. was jogging with her dog she saw a house explode. Lt. Lindsay Boxer went into the burning house to see if anyone was in trou
Stacy
Mar 15, 2009 Stacy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries, audiobooks
Keisha
Feb 15, 2017 Keisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was really a fast-paced book.
Tiffany
Sep 19, 2016 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Third book in the Women's Murder Club and I loved it just as much as the first two. I was a little upset over a part of it. But the characters were great as they were in the previous two. Kept me on the edge of my seat wondering if they would solve the crimes in time. Can't wait to read the next novel.
Edmond Gagnon
Nov 26, 2014 Edmond Gagnon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Damn good read!
Believable characters and plot...not a thing I dislike about this book.
Freda Malone
Mar 05, 2017 Freda Malone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Boy, when you get your radicals, it can be quite the crime to solve. Add four women and you really have to love them when they insert themselves into the mess of causes. This particular cause, resulting in bombings all over the city and a deadly viral of ricin, is not what it appears to be. It's personal, and Jill, the District Attorney is caught in the middle of it all. And then we have three.

This kind of story is all too often misunderstood and we all know there are radicals out there, even i
Cecilia
Feb 20, 2017 Cecilia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Fun, fast reading. But I couldn't fully connected with people in the story. Maybe I have to read first and second book of this series.
Rashika (is tired)
Note: there are probably some mistakes in here I'll correct once I am not so angry.

That's it I am not going to bang my head anymore over this series. I was never a huge fan of this series in the first place. I picked it up because I wanted to read a crime novel with a female lead that wasn't the witness but instead the one taking things under her control.

The mysteries in these books don't have much substance to them, they are almost along the lines of brain candy then anything else. I had give
Laurel-Rain
Mar 21, 2013 Laurel-Rain rated it liked it
In this third offering in the Women's Murder Club series, "3rd Degree" starts off with a bang. Literally. Lt. Lindsay Boxer, SF Homicide Detective, is out jogging along, admiring a town house she sees on the street. And then it explodes right in front of her. After calling for help, she rushes in and finds two dead bodies...and a child, whom she rescues.

What happens in the subsequent days will soon be declared a war of sorts. But who is at the hub of this activity? And who will be next on the ta
Nicole
May 23, 2012 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say, 3rd Degree was so much better than its predecessor, 2nd Chance. 3rd Degree was much more action packed, twisty-turny, topsy-turvy, and all around a great book to read. There were "awww" moments, "what the hell?!" moments, and "hell yes!" moments. This book gave me one of the biggest surprises I have experienced all year and I honestly can't wait to find out what happens in the next book, 4th of July. The characters in 3rd Degree are more pronounced, more outspoken, and I feel like ...more
Kathy
Jan 07, 2009 Kathy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So I thought maybe Cross was a fluke and Patterson is a better writer than that. There was another of his novels in the box so I read it as well. Not as bad as the other one, but then he had a co-writer. A nice plot idea, modern terrorists in USA, who are using the causes of the late 60s as a starting point.
But I still feel like his characterizations are weak. Each book seems lacking in reasons to like these main characters, like he uses the extended time of a series to replace actual character
Dalila.
I really enjoy this series especially since the main characters are female, which you don't find too often in crime novels.You don't have to be female to appreciate the great plot, strong characters and fantastic writing style Great book I Highly recommend it...
Aaron
Aug 20, 2009 Aaron rated it it was amazing
Patterson and Gross bring the Ladies Murder Club to a whole knew level with their third installment. In the post 9/11 world of literature, terrorism has definitely come to the fore, and the authors turn to domestic terrorism as a basis for their story.

It all starts one Sunday morning when Lt. Lindsay Boxer is doing her usual run with her friend Jill Bernhardt, San Francisco's Assistant DA. The two part ways after the run, leaving Lindsay to relax for a few minutes. It gives her just enough time
Thom Swennes
“Let’s Roll,” seems to be more than just a statement. From the first page of the first chapter this novel takes off on an inbound wave and rides it at neck-break speed. Scenes of the 2013 Boston Marathon are brought vividly to mind when Lindsay Boxer is out jogging and a building suddenly explodes next to her. This proves to be the initial skirmish of a newly declared one-sided war. Other murders and assignations in a variety of places with an assortment of methods soon follow. The only thing ho ...more
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Total: 7

In Dept

Best Part:
Short, quick read.
Worst Part: Death. Not cool.
Thoughts Had: I feel betrayed....

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: Yes

Short Review: Mr. Patterson how dare you do this to me?! How dare you!? No
Mitch
Feb 27, 2011 Mitch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great Women's Murder Club book! I love these quick day-only reads...fun for a weekend to just relax and pick up a quick paced thriller like this one.

Lindsay (Homicide Police Inspector), Jill (Assistant DA), Claire (Medical Examiner), and Cindy (news reporter) all meet together when major cases are being solved in Lindsay's department to help crack down on killers. But in their newest case, a radical group will stop at nothing, using bombs and horrible organ melting poisons to murder peop
The Cats Mother
This isn't a bad series, but I was a bit "is that it?" about this one. Lindsay investigates a series of brutal murders with terrorist connections while the others cheer her on, confronts one of friends' husbands who's been abusing her, and gets together with another colleague. There's a development that's meant to be shocking but came too early in both the book and the series to feel like a real twist, and as ever our heroine saves the day. Which isn't really a spoiler is it?
CincyNattie
Another good thriller! Even more character development. I enjoy the fact that that the main characters are strong, successful, professional women who are also human. They cry, get scared, struggle with relationships, make mistakes and get angry with one another. Looking FOURward to the next book.
Hoyt
Jun 03, 2011 Hoyt rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I couldn't even finish this. The dialogue was just atrocious, and the 2 page chapters were extremely irritating. Why is this author so popular?
Patricio
El libro es bastante formulaico pero el caso es muy interesante y la relación entre las cuatro protagonistas me gusta bastante.

love problem solution baba ji+9815432022baba NA1 1 7 Oct 19, 2014 04:15AM
Nonsense 2 24 Aug 21, 2014 02:14AM
*Best Sellers* Bo...: 3rd Degree: Title - '3rd Degree' 6 10 Nov 11, 2013 07:37AM
*Best Sellers* Bo...: 3rd Degree: Tag Line 3 7 Oct 28, 2013 03:44PM
The Women's Myste...: 3rd Degree 16 42 Jun 02, 2013 07:44AM
  • Countdown (Eve Duncan, #6)
  • D is for Deadbeat (Kinsey Millhone, #4)
  • Orchid Blues (Holly Barker, #2)
  • Courting Trouble (Rosato & Associates, #7)
  • All That Remains (Kay Scarpetta, #3)
  • Naked Prey (Lucas Davenport, #14)
  • The Apprentice (Rizzoli & Isles, #2)
  • The Neighbor (Detective D.D. Warren, #3)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
BookShots
JIMMY Patterson Books
Official Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. As of January 2016, he has sold over 350
More about James Patterson...

Women's Murder Club (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • 1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, #1)
  • 2nd Chance (Women's Murder Club, #2)
  • 4th of July (Women's Murder Club, #4)
  • The 5th Horseman (Women's Murder Club, #5)
  • The 6th Target (Women's Murder Club, #6)
  • 7th Heaven (Women's Murder Club, #7)
  • The 8th Confession (Women's Murder Club, #8)
  • The 9th Judgment  (Women's Murder Club, #9)
  • 10th Anniversary (Women's Murder Club, #10)
  • 11th Hour (Women's Murder Club, #11)

“She flipped on her computer to” 0 likes