Start by marking “Boldly Live as You've Never Lived Before: Unauthorized and Unexpected Life Lessons from Star Trek” as Want to Read:

In a world woefully devoid of heroes, Star Trek offers a universe full of them. Teaching readers how to release their heroic nature by identifying with Star Trek heroes, this book offers an inspiring message--that we can bring out the best in ourselves.
Published November 1st 1995 by William Morrow & Company

To ask other readers questions about Boldly Live as You've Never Lived Before, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boldly Live as You've Never Lived Before

Collin
Nov 29, 2016 Collin rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfic
My biggest issue was the part about Relaters. As much as I enjoy Guinan, and as much as it's probably healthier to be like Guinan than McCoy, Bones is my main man. The authors very much built their stereotypical Relater around Guinan and Lwaxana - outgoing or put-together types - but eventually their definition of the Relater all but excluded McCoy from being in that group at all. I wish some more attention had been paid to including more personalities in the Relater group; Analysts, Leaders, an ...more
Hannah Givens
Jan 26, 2017 Hannah Givens rated it liked it
Pretty generic, but if you want a pep talk with a Star Trek theme, here you go. It's often simplistic, and while the four heroic types may line up with Trek, they don't really match the full extent of possible personalities in the real world. But I appreciated the lack of gender essentialism, and the open advocacy of taking fictional characters as mentors.
Phillip
May 21, 2013 Phillip rated it liked it
I bought this book on a lark ... I don't read self-help books but I love Star Trek. Ultimately, the book is a bit silly -- but, with an open mind, it did cause me to think about different things in my life. The prose is good for reflecting on yourself and how you relate to Star Trek characters. If you can find it cheap, a fun recommend for Trekkies.
Carlissa
07/27/15: I bought this at Audible.com back in 2001 and don't remember much about it. I guess I will relisten to it!
Wsprag
Mar 07, 2011 Wsprag rated it it was ok
Star Trek is supposed to be fun. This book wasn't fun. I was expecting something more light hearted, I suppose.
Peter
Peter rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2012
Jill Patton
Jill Patton rated it did not like it
Oct 19, 2013
Bladestryke
Bladestryke rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2013
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2008
Sdwhite1978
Sdwhite1978 rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2012
C
C rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2011
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2009
J L
J L added it
May 13, 2011
Randy Wiggins
Randy Wiggins marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2011
Neal
Neal marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2011
Karen
Karen added it
Nov 24, 2012
Peter marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2012
Erin P.
Erin P. marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2013
Peter marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
JJ
JJ marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Gozal
Gozal marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
JoleneMeghan
JoleneMeghan marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Maxwashl
Maxwashl marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Omokeev Toktobek
Omokeev Toktobek marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Darcy Thibodeau
Darcy Thibodeau marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Caprice Procarione
Caprice Procarione marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Austin Bunton
Austin Bunton marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2016
Jennifer Sauer
Jennifer Sauer marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2016
George Esher
George Esher marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2017
Janice Bolick
Janice Bolick marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2017
John
John added it
May 05, 2008
Sheila Levey
Sheila Levey marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2012