Start by marking “Star Wars: Legacy, Volume 10: Extremes” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Legacy, Volume 10: Extremes

Star Wars: Legacy, Volume 10: Extremes (Star Wars: Legacy #10)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  426 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
One hundred thirty-three years after Luke Skywalker made his final stand against the Emperor and Darth Vader, the Galactic Alliance, Emperor-in-exile Roan Fel's forces, and the reunited Jedi Order are finally ready to take on the Sith Empire. Everyone is out of hiding, and the battle lines have been drawn!

Cade Skywalker is back in action, as well leading a personal vendett
Published December 21st 2010 by Dark Horse (first published May 9th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars

Terence
Jan 07, 2016 Terence rated it really liked it
Sith Scientist Vul Isen has devised a poison that can destroy all living beings on a planet.
description
Darth Wyyrlok commands Isen and Darth Azard to use the poisons on Dac the home world of the Mon Calamari.
description
After leaning of the genocide of the people of Dac, Cade Skywalker and his crew go Sith hunting for Vul Isen.
description
Darth Krayt's body is no longer in stasis on Korriban. Darth Wyyrlock desperately wants to know where it has gone, so he sends Darth Nihl in search of it.

Extremes is the penultimate volume in th
Dan
Jan 13, 2016 Dan rated it it was ok
This has to be one of the worst Star Wars comics I have ever read. No story cohesion.It was all over the place.
Matt
Feb 18, 2015 Matt rated it really liked it
At the end of this series it has become clear that the first rule of the "One Sith" is one must have black and red tattoos covering their entire body, except for Darth Nihl. I really enjoyed the diversity of force users in this series, but could never get into the Sith of this era.

For this last arc of the series, one major revelation was that (view spoiler)
Eric
May 16, 2014 Eric rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great volume

I love this series it's the best I have read since KOTOR. The characters are great the story / side stories are amazing. It really adds to the STAR WARS universe. Making it worthy for any fan / newcomer to enjoy. Volume ten is no exception I was on the edge of my seat and enjoyed every minute of it. I enjoyed Cade's revelation of his destiny. Cade is definitely a new Skywalker and is the gift that keeps on giving. He is a very complex character and very different from other Skywalke
Aaron
Jul 21, 2011 Aaron rated it it was amazing
I have to say that I have really enjoyed this comic book/graphic novel series. Jumping ahead more than 100 years, provides a fresh spin on the Star Wars legend with fresh characters and different twists and turns. This is actually the last page of this series, which will be evolving into Star Wars Legacy War.

The Sith Empire's recent massacre on Dac, the homeworld of the Mon Calamari and their enemies the Quarren, has left the galaxy stunned. While no one is surprised that there are consequences
Nicholas
Jan 09, 2012 Nicholas rated it really liked it
Just when I was about to give up on the expanded universe once and for all! Right? Who are we kidding? Star Wars is like my soap operas, I know a lot of it's terrible, but I can't help myself. And yet....every once in a while, there's a gem like Legacy. But seriously, this series brings out the meganerd in me when I thought that all that remained in the Star Wars universe was melodramatic hogwash. Ostrander brings these new characters to life and creates a universe and a story all his own while ...more
Eric Mikols
Dec 06, 2011 Eric Mikols rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars
The end. Or not really. As it turns out there is still one more volume to finish up the story, which is good considering how abruptly this volume ended. While the story is good, it suffers from having to tie up the loose ends within four issues.
The story really does pick up speed, sometimes to the injury of itself. There are some great moments of drama, the extermination of Dac is a big moment and you realize how serious the threat of the Sith are. It's a great thing to actually have a world in
Jaimie
Dec 24, 2015 Jaimie rated it liked it
Had a minor heart attack after finishing reading this book, since I thought for a second that it was the final book in the series and had left us with a stunning cliffhanger. Thankfully, there's one more volume in which Cade Skywalker and company have the chance to wrest control of the galaxy back from Darth Krayt and the One Sith.
Kelly K
May 31, 2015 Kelly K rated it it was ok

This volume was everywhere. I understand why but when it's almost every other page it's a bit much.
Angela
The Sith are finally confronted and there is a mission to save a princess. Lots of fights, yep, that pretty much sums up this volume. There's a nice twist near the end, but mostly this is an action book. A good read.
Edward Cheer
Feb 11, 2015 Edward Cheer rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
The stories are all colliding now. The galaxy is in complete turmoil, and now the excitement it nearing it's end. For me, I personally believe these comics get better with every issue, and I hope that the final climax is worth all of this great build-up leading to it. I can promise the last page will leave you hungry with anticipation for the final clash between Cade and Krayt. Loved this one.
Yves
Jun 22, 2013 Yves rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars, bd, sf
La BD commence avec une tentative d'éradication totale des Calamariens par les Sith. De son côté Cade comprend maintenant que toute sa vie était destinée à le former pour faire face à Darth Krayth et que peu importe ce qu'il fera, il ne pourra pas échapper à son destin.

J'ai trouvé le début de la BD un peu longue car on savait déjà que les Calamariens étaient en train d'être éliminer et qu'une tentative finale n'apportait rien à l'histoire. Rendu au 10e tome, il est temps de voir Skywalker s'en p
Simon
Nov 04, 2013 Simon rated it did not like it
I had no idea this title was cancelled abruptly, and one can rather tell by the way it just stops. Very unfortunate.

I think my biggest problem with this series though has been Cade, by the end he's still the same selfish arrogant twat he was at the beginning. And Blue is still Blue. In fact pretty much every character is still more or less the same person they were 50 issues ago. I didn't have much of a feel that anybody has changed.

Which is disappointing in a story that ran for 50 issues.
Alan
Jan 07, 2016 Alan rated it liked it
The review would have been higher if they had avoided the cliffhanger ending. While the reasons behind the series cancelaltion (recent mini-series resurrection by the publisher) are a tad murky (ranging from sales to disapproval from Lucasfilm) there series constants of strong John Ostrander writing and quality art are. What is missing is the resolution of the Krayt, Antilles and Cade Skywalker storylines.
Jeff Lanter
Jan 01, 2012 Jeff Lanter rated it really liked it
After reading ten volumes of Legacy, it is difficult to talk about this book in new and interesting ways. The art and story combine to make one of the strongest Star Wars comics that has ever been written. It really is that good. The story in Extremes seems to be heading towards an ending, but hopefully Dark Horse will do the right thing and continue this story further in the years to come.
Cale
Jun 08, 2015 Cale rated it liked it
The penultimate volume moves all the pieces into their final positions, focusing on the fallout of the failed meeting in the last meeting, and Cade's efforts to assassinate the Sith responsible for the poisoning of multiple planets. Several significant action sequences make up the majority of the book, but again this is rising action setting up the final volume.
Nick Scott
Mar 11, 2011 Nick Scott rated it liked it
Lots of action in this one, but still sort of feels like nothing happened. I thought I had read something about this being the last chapter of Legacy, but I guess I was wrong, as nothing is resolved. They've drawn it out for awhile, just get to the grand finale already. The Sith-Cyborg soldiers look pretty sweet though.
Yan Yanyan
Nov 09, 2014 Yan Yanyan rated it it was amazing
Legacy is one of the best, if not the best, Star Wars comic books I have ever read.
It has a complex story where there are more "grey areas" than simply good vs evil, light vs dark. The entire series was one surprise after another.
Awesome.
Shannon Appelcline
The Legacy universe is starting to get a bit old, so it was disappointing not to see it end in this volume. Still, there are some nice characters and an interesting plot.
Aaron Goins
Jun 27, 2012 Aaron Goins rated it liked it
This one wasn't nearly as strong as Volume 9. Considering this was the last issue of the ongoing Legacy series, I was hoping for a little more closure.
Tom
Mar 27, 2012 Tom rated it it was amazing
Taylor
Apr 12, 2011 Taylor rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars
I didn't like the ending. It just ended it the middle of everything.
Lukas
Lukas marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Rccardinal
Rccardinal rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2016
Ryan
Ryan added it
Feb 04, 2016
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Dustin
Dustin marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Gen
Gen added it
Jan 28, 2016
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Ryan Moureau
Ryan Moureau rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
  • Vindication (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, #6)
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars, Volume 2: Victories and Sacrifices
  • Parallels (Star Wars: Dark Times, #2)
  • Star Wars: Crimson Empire III: Empire Lost (Star Wars: Crimson Empire #3)
  • Star Wars: Legacy II, Vol. 1: Prisoner of the Floating World
  • Refugees (Star Wars: Invasion, #1)
  • Star Wars: Chewbacca
  • Star Wars Tales, Vol. 3
  • Star Wars: Empire, Volume 2: Darklighter
  • Star Wars Omnibus: Menace Revealed
  • The Sith War (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #6)
John Ostrander is an American writer of comic books. He is best known for his work on Suicide Squad, Grimjack and Star Wars: Legacy, series he helped create.

Originally an actor in a Chicago theatre company, Ostrander moved into writing comics in 1983. His first published works were stories about the character "Sargon, Mistress of War", who appeared the First Comics series Warp!, based on a series
More about John Ostrander...

Star Wars: Legacy (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Star Wars: Legacy, Volume 1: Broken
  • Star Wars: Legacy, Volume 2: Shards
  • Star Wars: Legacy, Volume 3: Claws of the Dragon
  • Star Wars: Legacy, Volume 4: Alliance
  • Star Wars: Legacy, Volume 5: The Hidden Temple
  • Vector, Vol. 2 (Star Wars: Rebellion #4, Star Wars: Legacy #6)
  • Star Wars: Legacy, Volume 7: Storms