Start by marking “Demon (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, #9)” as Want to Read:
Demon (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, #9)

Demon (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic #9)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  478 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Zayne and Gryph are finally learning the truth about their fierce friend Jarael and the strange Mandalorian deserter Rohlan. Deception has been company to the foursome since Zayne's life as a fugitive banded them together, and for one of Zayne's companions, a resurfacing past brings deadly peril.
Published June 16th 2010 by Dark Horse Comics

To ask other readers questions about Demon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demon

Crystal Starr Light
Apr 09, 2015 Crystal Starr Light rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Crystal Starr Light by: Iset
Bullet Review:

I am exhausted! What a ride! Some great revelations - and yet I feel the conclusion of the Crucible plot lacked a certain OOMPH. A greatness. Was it because this volume is a slim 94 pages, in comparison to the 120+ pages of the other volumes?

Full Review:

Zayne, Gryph, and Slyssk have parted ways with Jarael and Rohlan due to the events at the end of Volume 8 (Weird part - they part some time after that last conversation in volume 8; so they didn't TALK about Jarael's final declarati

For this one we have Miller on the script and Brian Ching covering the entirety of the artwork, much to my delight. This volume is shorter than others since it only carries one lengthy story within; the climax and resolution to Jarael’s backstory. Several mysteries are resolved here – just how Gryph and Slyssk escaped the destruction of Serroco, what Zayne did in his month off, what Jarael’s unusual origins are… and the switcheroo you may or may not have seen coming by this point in the series.
David Sarkies
I think that by the time they got to this end of the series they were beginning to run out of ideas. A part of me thought that they were going to continue after the slavers, but it turns out that the slavers have already been defeated. Funny, I must have missed something in the last graphic novel because I was under the impression that they had got away. Okay, the woman had got away, but the slavers had been defeated. Well, I guess I am going to have to accept that.
The second thing is that it
Star Wars Legends Project #20

Background: Knights of the Old Republic: Demon was first released in four issues beginning in November 2009 and ending February 2010. The trade paperback came out in June 2010. It was written by John Jackson Miller and pencilled by Brian Ching.

Demon begins immediately after Destroyer (my review here, again 3,963 years before the Battle of Yavin (busy year). Demon brings together and ties up all of the remaining loose threads from the series, and also involves various
Review for the series:

Kind of sad to have finally reached the end of this series. It's been a lot of fun. While it hasn't always been the most refined (for awhile the art is a who's who of mediocreness--thankfully Ching returns for the concluding arcs of the series)(also, the Vector crossover did more damage to the series than anything else, but I spose it can be forgiven, or better yet, ignored), it has been a consistent ride in a great story.

They managed to craft stories and characters that ex
"Finally, the end of the whole series. I must admit, I enjoyed the earlier part of the series better. I was hoping for Zayne to have a bigger, more complex adventure after his vindication but the plot didn't go that way and instead expounded on some of the characters' less interesting origin and made it a-not-so-grand twist."
Jeff Lanter
This was a satisfying ending to the KOTOR series for now anyway. There was one really surprising and kind of incredible plot twist that I loved both as a writer and a reader. It didn't hurt that Ching did all of the art either. Having read nine volumes of KOTOR, I think the series can be described as good, light-hearted adventure. There are some references to the video games and fans of the Bioware RPGs will get the most out of this series, but at the same time, anybody who likes Star Wars will ...more
C'est le dernier tome de la série de Knights of the Old Republic. On découvre donc que Demagol, le Madalorien méchant, a pris la place de Rolhan. On découvre l'histoire de Demagol qui a un lien avec Jarael. Il s'ensuit alors une course contre la montre pour sauver la jeune Arkanienne.

On a donc une bande dessinée plein de révélation avec le même type d'action que dans les tomes précédents. Bien honnêtement, ce fut une série qui m'a totalement captivé. Les dessins sont vraiment beaux et l'histoire
Just when I was beginning to think the story should have ended with Vindication. :) Demon is a solid entry that ties up a lot of loose ends.
This is the concluding volume (vol 9) of John Jackson Miller's epic set in the era of Star Wars history made famous in the RPG computer games. Lots of exposition and resolves. Some of which answer plot seeds that were planted years ago. Anyhow if you haven't read any of this series put this volume back on the shelf because it doesn't stand alone and the continuity for this series is very thick. This would have been 4 stars but it suffers from chronic Star Wars marketing syndrome; shiny paper, on ...more
A whirlwind ending to Dark Horse Comics' Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. The last story threads are tied up and the ending (though predictable) was quite good. I admit that I dropped the series after Zayne's main story arc ended in Volume 6 and picked up Volume 9 so that I could see how the writer's would end this tale in the set in the Old Republic era of the Star Wars universe.
Mike Jozic
I'd probably give this a 2.5 in all honesty if they had half stars to give. Overall it was not the greatest finale to the series, rushed some plotlines to their endpoints and wrapped the whole thing up with a happy ending and a big bow. Miller is capable of more and if it wasn't for KOTOR: WAR, I would be unimpressed that the adventures of Zayne Carick ended on such a note.
Alory Shannon
There was a ~big reveal~ in this book, but...I actually saw it coming a LONG way off (as I generally do with a fair number of plot twists), so it didn't shock me. It was well-done, however, and I think anyone who DIDN'T realise what was going on until that moment would've been utterly flabbergasted.

Good story! :]
The story continues, the Mandorlorian butcher goes his come uppence and theres a happy ending for one of the crew. Probably best to read with the rest of the series to understand the characters more and enjoy it.
John Carter McKnight
All the threads tie up in the final story arc: Mandalorians, slavers, corrupt Republic officers, Zayne's team, Zarael and Chantique, in an impressive ending to a terrific storyline. Just outstanding.
Scott wachter
so back in volume 6 i was wondering why they kept going, but this arc was awesome. and it's cool to Zayne at his peak.
Such a great climax to the story. So many crazy adventures. I wish it would not have ended.
Morbus Iff
Well, I didn't expect the double twist (who is who is who), but it wasn't a bad ending.
I very much enjoyed this whole series. Decent art work and a very engaging story.
Couple of nice twists to the overall storyline in this one.
An excellent conclusion to an incredible comic
Zayne has to rescue Jarael. Hijinks ensue.
Luigi Baggins
Luigi Baggins marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Martin Haugland
Martin Haugland marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
  • Star Wars: Legacy, Volume 10: Extremes
  • Vector, Vol. 2 (Star Wars: Rebellion #4, Star Wars: Legacy #6)
  • Redemption (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #7)
  • Jango and Boba Fett (Star Wars: Blood Ties #1-4)
  • Blue Harvest (Star Wars: Dark Times, #4)
  • Dark Lords of the Sith (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #5)
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars, Volume 3: Last Stand on Jabim
  • Star Wars: Chewbacca
John Jackson Miller has spent a lifetime immersed in the worlds of fantasy and science fiction. He's known for his Star Wars work, including Star Wars: Knight Errant, his national bestselling novel from Del Rey; Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, his e-book series with more than a million downloads; and his long-running Knights of the Old Republic comics series. His Overdraft: The Orion Offensive ...more
More about John Jackson Miller...

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (10 books)
  • Commencement (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, #1)
  • Flashpoint (Star Wars:  Knights of the Old Republic, #2)
  • Days of Fear, Nights of Anger (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, #3)
  • Daze of Hate, Knights of Suffering (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, #4)
  • Vector, Vol. 1 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic #5, Star Wars: Dark Times #3)
  • Vindication (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, #6)
  • Dueling Ambitions (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, #7)
  • Destroyer (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, #8)
  • War (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, #10)