Demon (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, #9)

Demon (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic #9)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  405 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Zayne and Gryph are finally learning the truth about their fierce friend Jarael and the strange Mandalorian deserter Rohlan. Deception has been company to the foursome since Zayne's life as a fugitive banded them together, and for one of Zayne's companions, a resurfacing past brings deadly peril.
Published June 16th 2010 by Dark Horse Comics

David Sarkies
I think that by the time they got to this end of the series they were beginning to run out of ideas. A part of me thought that they were going to continue after the slavers, but it turns out that the slavers have already been defeated. Funny, I must have missed something in the last graphic novel because I was under the impression that they had got away. Okay, the woman had got away, but the slavers had been defeated. Well, I guess I am going to have to accept that.
The second thing is that it...more
Jared
Star Wars Project #19

Background: Knights of the Old Republic: Demon was first released in four issues beginning in November 2009 and ending February 2010. The trade paperback came out in June 2010. It was written by John Jackson Miller and pencilled by Brian Ching.

Demon begins immediately after Destroyer (my review here, again 3,963 years before the Battle of Yavin (busy year). Demon brings together and ties up all of the remaining loose threads from the series, and also involves various charact...more
Ben
Review for the series:

Kind of sad to have finally reached the end of this series. It's been a lot of fun. While it hasn't always been the most refined (for awhile the art is a who's who of mediocreness--thankfully Ching returns for the concluding arcs of the series)(also, the Vector crossover did more damage to the series than anything else, but I spose it can be forgiven, or better yet, ignored), it has been a consistent ride in a great story.

They managed to craft stories and characters that ex...more
Jeff Lanter
This was a satisfying ending to the KOTOR series for now anyway. There was one really surprising and kind of incredible plot twist that I loved both as a writer and a reader. It didn't hurt that Ching did all of the art either. Having read nine volumes of KOTOR, I think the series can be described as good, light-hearted adventure. There are some references to the video games and fans of the Bioware RPGs will get the most out of this series, but at the same time, anybody who likes Star Wars will...more
Yves
C'est le dernier tome de la série de Knights of the Old Republic. On découvre donc que Demagol, le Madalorien méchant, a pris la place de Rolhan. On découvre l'histoire de Demagol qui a un lien avec Jarael. Il s'ensuit alors une course contre la montre pour sauver la jeune Arkanienne.

On a donc une bande dessinée plein de révélation avec le même type d'action que dans les tomes précédents. Bien honnêtement, ce fut une série qui m'a totalement captivé. Les dessins sont vraiment beaux et l'histoire...more
Michael
This is the concluding volume (vol 9) of John Jackson Miller's epic set in the era of Star Wars history made famous in the RPG computer games. Lots of exposition and resolves. Some of which answer plot seeds that were planted years ago. Anyhow if you haven't read any of this series put this volume back on the shelf because it doesn't stand alone and the continuity for this series is very thick. This would have been 4 stars but it suffers from chronic Star Wars marketing syndrome; shiny paper, on...more
Leslie
A whirlwind ending to Dark Horse Comics' Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. The last story threads are tied up and the ending (though predictable) was quite good. I admit that I dropped the series after Zayne's main story arc ended in Volume 6 and picked up Volume 9 so that I could see how the writer's would end this tale in the set in the Old Republic era of the Star Wars universe.
Mike Jozic
I'd probably give this a 2.5 in all honesty if they had half stars to give. Overall it was not the greatest finale to the series, rushed some plotlines to their endpoints and wrapped the whole thing up with a happy ending and a big bow. Miller is capable of more and if it wasn't for KOTOR: WAR, I would be unimpressed that the adventures of Zayne Carick ended on such a note.
Angela
The story continues, the Mandorlorian butcher goes his come uppence and theres a happy ending for one of the crew. Probably best to read with the rest of the series to understand the characters more and enjoy it.
John Carter McKnight
All the threads tie up in the final story arc: Mandalorians, slavers, corrupt Republic officers, Zayne's team, Zarael and Chantique, in an impressive ending to a terrific storyline. Just outstanding.
Scott wachter
so back in volume 6 i was wondering why they kept going, but this arc was awesome. and it's cool to Zayne at his peak.
Justin
Such a great climax to the story. So many crazy adventures. I wish it would not have ended.
Morbus Iff
Well, I didn't expect the double twist (who is who is who), but it wasn't a bad ending.
DC
I very much enjoyed this whole series. Decent art work and a very engaging story.
Hedlun
Couple of nice twists to the overall storyline in this one.
Matt
An excellent conclusion to an incredible comic
Roberta
Zayne has to rescue Jarael. Hijinks ensue.
Steve Quist
Steve Quist is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2014
Gabor
Gabor marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Biffthereafer
Biffthereafer marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Michael Tucker
Michael Tucker marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
  • Star Wars: Legacy, Vol. 10: Extremes
  • Vector, Vol. 2 (Star Wars: Rebellion #4, Star Wars: Legacy #6)
  • Last Stand on Jabiim (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #3)
  • Star Wars: Infinities - A New Hope
  • The Sith War (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #6)
  • Blood of the Empire (Star Wars: The Old Republic Comic, #1)
  • Dark Lords of the Sith (Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, #5)
  • Star Wars: Darth Maul
20028
John Jackson Miller has spent a lifetime immersed in the worlds of fantasy and science fiction. He's known for his Star Wars work, including Star Wars: Knight Errant, his national bestselling novel from Del Rey; Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, his e-book series with more than a million downloads; and his long-running Knights of the Old Republic comics series. His Overdraft: The Orion Offensive...more
More about John Jackson Miller...
Precipice (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #1) Kenobi (Star Wars) Skyborn (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #2) Paragon (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #3) Savior (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #4)