Start by marking “What a Westmoreland Wants” as Want to Read:
What a Westmoreland Wants

What a Westmoreland Wants (The Westmorelands #19)

4.17  ·  Rating Details ·  2,187 Ratings  ·  90 Reviews

Mr. September: Callum Austell, sexy Australian ranch owner
His Deepest Desire: The elusive Gemma Westmoreland
The Seduction Plan: Get her on his turf--ASAP!
He'd been biding his time, and now the perfect opportunity had arrived to pursue the ultimate object of his affections. Offering Gemma a job to decorate his new home meant she had to come to him. And on his territory,
Published September 1st 2010 by Silhouette Desire (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about What a Westmoreland Wants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What a Westmoreland Wants

Anna Erishkigal

I've enjoyed other works by Brenda Jackson, but this one just isn't one of her better works. Little to no tension. Callum is kinda stalkerish. A gorgeous, wealthy billionaire moves in with a girl's brother for 3 years to wait for his 24-year-old virgin sister to notice him before making his move, leaving behind his own billionaire-business untended on another continent? And then once they got to Australia there was no Aussie twang, no real Aussie culture.

Read one of Ms. Jackson's other boo
Lady Raven RAVE!
I'm a Huge fan of Brenda Jackson. Gemma and Callum's story was very romantic in the way of Boy helps best friend sees best friends sister fall in love with best friends sister but can never tell her in fear of scaring her away because of her views on men. I love the Westmorelands and this one was good. Callum's side of the family was lovable. If you have been following the series then you will love this book if you have never read the series then I think you will also like it but I think you wil ...more
Feb 20, 2014 Victoria rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Yuck. That was painful. I didn't realize this was published by Silhouette which is part of Harlequin Romances or else I wouldn't have downloaded this free book. I'm glad it was a novella, because I don't think I could take much more. Very corny and cheesy and well, just "yuck". The storyline is predictable (although most romances are) and lacked any excitement whatsoever. Dialogue juvenile, Callum a control-stalker type and Gemma an immature idiot. I could go on and on, but I've already wasted t ...more
Sep 06, 2011 Shone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All romance junkies
Another Westmoreland bites the love dust.
Sep 16, 2010 Brandi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aussie Callum Austell has been hanging around the Denver Westmorelands for three years and now it's time to go home...but not without his future wife. Of course, Gemma Westmoreland never knew that she was a candidate for the position.
Brenda Jackson, once again, delivers classic romance and sex appeal in What a Westmoreland Wants. Callum has been working on Ramsey Westmoreland's sheep ranch in Denver for three years, all the while waiting for Ram's sister, Gemma, to realize that he's in love wit
Jan 22, 2012 Loretta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gemma Westmoreland is a force to be reckoned with.

Smart, beautiful and talented with a thriving design business, the only thing she was missing was a love of her own. After seeing how her brothers behaved over the years, she was determined not to have her heart broken.

Callum Austell is an Aussie through and through. Handsome, rugged and loyal to Gemma's brother Ramsey, he'd worked hard to maintain their ranch. His interests spurned a lust even he couldn't resist.

In What a Westmoreland Wants, Bre
Was this book really written in 2010? I was reminded why I gave up on the romance genre in the 70s. Not much of a storyline, big age difference, a hero who patronizes the heroine. Actually, it feels like all males in the book are like that. The heroine thinks it's a bad character trait that she speaks her mind, which the hero is only too happy to confirm.
Furthermore, a heroine who is 24 and still a virgin - okay. But a woman who's 24 (view spoiler)Come on
Apr 19, 2011 Lady rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A quick read, about two love struck individuals. One who knew he was in love the moment he laid eyes on her. The other is determined not to fall in love and have her heart broken, but can't deny the attraction she feels for him. When passions flair and desires are fulfilled, she must face the fact that she may be in love...

The storyline was repetitive and I had a feeling of deja vu while reading. This story was very similar to others in the Westmoreland series, which seems to keep going and goin
Mar 04, 2014 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Free book from Amazon, I had a feeling this was what it was, but I enjoyed it. Total steamy romance with a hot Australian was a nice twist.
Callum has had his eye on Gemma for 3 years never acting on it waiting for his time. She is the younger sister of is very good friend but it has kept him in the US working on the sheep ranch.
He comes up with a plan to hire her and whisk her away to Australia on his territory to win her heart.
I liked it, easy to read and like a vacation.
A great love story. I was really interested in reading about Gemma Westmoreland's love affair with Callum. I really liked these two characters. This may be one of my favorite Westmoreland romances.
Stacey Frederes
When I got to this line:

"The thought of his seed entering her womanly channel, made the head of his erection throb behind his zipper"

0_o Um, nope.
Jan 29, 2011 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really like this book even though it was short.Had a good story line and loved how the hero wooed his lady love.This book had romance in spades!!
Jun 03, 2011 Leah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Brenda Jackson writing! Of course, it's a romance so nothing different just Jackson's regular writing style which I love.
Apr 14, 2014 Lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Callum Austell has been in Denver for the past three years helping Ramsey Westmoreland get his sheep operation up and running. But he didn't stay that long because Ramsey needed help. He stayed because of Gemma, Ramsey's baby sister. From the moment he saw her it was love at first sight but he needed Gemma to mature and find her way first. Then he nought a house in Sydney, Australia for her the decorate so he could get her back to where he lived. He hoped to show her his country as well as show ...more
Feb 23, 2014 Laurie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

This novella was an enjoyable read. Both characters had their good points and bad points. But overall they were both likeable. I waffled between Callum being sweet in his single-mindedness that Gemma was his soulmate and he was going to make her his and thinking he was coming across as a tad over bearing. Gemma's reasoning for not wanting relationships seemed a bit weak to me. But there was no denying the attraction.
You can tell this is part of a series as a lot of time was spent on na
Jul 10, 2011 Marina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is 3rd book in the Denver Westmoreland series.
Lin ( Nerdy Bookworm)
Great one

Great one

I have read many novel by this author and never have been disappointed in her writing however; I believe that when he/she have devoted readers the prices should not be so high. I do not want to want take away from her writing skills because she is good with great storyline and characters interacting with each others. When reading about the Westmoreland, you have to fall in love with them. Again great job but give the readers a little break.
L.M. David
Personally, novelettes don't appeal because they are too short in certain instances. This is a story that needed to develop slowly. The first part was fair enough, albeit scanty in substance needed to make characters irresistible, while the end seemed completely rushed. Callum loitered for three years mooning after Gemma and then suddenly decides its time to claim her. Gemma, who vowed to steer clear of men because of her brothers womanizing ways, gave in to her desire for Callum after just one ...more
I probably shouldn't give this book any stars since I did not finish it... but hey! This is my review and I did read more than the first paragraph. I read several chapters and honestly there was nothing about the story, the characters, or the romance that interested me enough to turn one more page. Overall the story was disappointing. The writing in the book was mediocre. I did not appreciate the writer repeating the same thought (some times verbatim) over and over, sometimes within only a few p ...more
Lynne Tull
To tell the truth I skipped most of it. There was very little story with a whole lot of lust thrown into 140 pages (Nook Book). There is actually a Westmoreland series, but I won't be reading any more of it. It appears to be written as a Harlequin mail order series. It is also a contemporary series. I tend to stay with historicals. If I read a contemporary it is usually a Nora Roberts book!
Mar 16, 2014 Roxie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've never been a romance novel fan, but this book was enjoyable. Callum was able to woe me as he worked to woe Gemma to becoming his wife. I found myself truly hoping that the two of them ended up together. Although the fact that they would fall in love and marry was pretty predictable, Brenda Jackson still made the road to the marriage interesting. I'm looking forward to reading more about the Westmoreland Clan.
Sarah Magner
I probably would have enjoyed this book if I had read others in the Westmoreland family series first. I spent too much brain power trying to keep names and relationships straight to appreciate Callum and Gemma's relationship blossoming. Not hooked enough to try to read the rest of the series but Brenda Jackson is always a dependable author for a good escape read.
Mar 14, 2014 Tonileg rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, western, kindle
Another Westmoreland story. This time it is Gemma Westmoreland's story. She is a virgin that doesn't want to get her heart broken because she watched her many many brothers break ever heart in town. So Callum Austell has been waiting for Gemma to grow up from college girl to professional woman for three years and it tired of waiting anymore. So the sexy Australian ranch owner hires Gemma to decorate his Australian home as a premise to get her there and seduce her to become his wife. Cute short s ...more
Nov 07, 2014 Lynetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keep it coming

This is a series to cherish. Like family, The Westmorelands (books) are similar yet individually different. This story focuses on a Westmoreland of the female persuasion, Gemma and Callum Austell, the man who takes action, after three years, to win her heart. This is a romance lovers delight.
Sue Parker
Mar 01, 2014 Sue Parker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gemma gets hired by Callum to decorate his house. Only one thing. The house is in Australia. And he has been in love with her for the past three years but never told her. She always figured he had someone waiting for him at home. He plans to seduce her and give her everything she could possibly want. Sigh....
Apr 05, 2012 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book would have been better as a novel, not a novelette. The first part seemed fair enough while the end seemed rushed due to the 185 page format. I couldn't get into the Aussie getting it on with hard hearted Gemma or the fact their only separation happened because Gemma finally began to think she had gotten in a relationship where she crossed the line and he hadn't. Initially she wanted no entanglements yet when finding herself in one, wasn't the tough woman the writer made her out to be ...more
Terri  Shortell
Feb 20, 2014 Terri Shortell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet romance

A sweet romance

I really enjoyed this book. I want to read the rest in the series to find out more about the Westmoreland clan. I have read some of the newer books so being able to find out how the older children found true love is great.
Marney Dragoo
Feb 17, 2014 Marney Dragoo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read.

Great read.

Some of the other reviews made me bit hesitant about getting this book but I'm glad I did. It was a sweet story and my first Brenda Jackson read. I liked the lead characters and their story had the right amount of sizzle and heart.
Robin Perryman

It was okay. not the best I've read from her so far. I probably should have started with the first book but can't tell from the titles which book that is. The family seemed too perfect, I was looking for a little dirt but okay.
  • King's Passion
  • Only You (Graysons of New Mexico, #5)
  • Imagine Us
  • The Fallen Greek Bride / At the Greek Boss's Bidding
  • Huddle with Me Tonight  (New York Sabers Football, #2)
  • To Tempt a Wilde (Wilde in Wyoming, #1)
  • Seduced: The Unexpected Virgin (The Takeover, #2)
  • The Seduction of Emily
  • Midnight
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

The Westmorelands (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands, #1)
  • A Little Dare (The Westmorelands, #2)
  • Thorn's Challenge (The Westmorelands, #3)
  • Stone Cold Surrender (The Westmorelands, #4)
  • Riding The Storm (The Westmorelands, #5)
  • Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee (The Westmorelands, #6)
  • The Chase Is On (The Westmorelands, #7)
  • The Durango Affair (The Westmorelands, #8)
  • Ian's Ultimate Gamble (The Westmorelands, #9)
  • Seduction, Westmoreland Style (The Westmorelands, #10)