Start by marking “The Outlaw” as Want to Read:
The Outlaw

The Outlaw

2.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  46 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Outlander Kell Laughlin has been charged with murder, and though Damian Junter is assigned to find him in Terra Noir, the bounty hunter has his doubts about his quarry’s guilt. Damian won’t kill an innocent, so he must find Kell and get to know him—and the truth—before dispensing justice. It’s a decision that will lead to passion between them and expose political intrigue ...more
Published August 25th 2010 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about The Outlaw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Outlaw

Bookwatcher
What I like about this book
*It's very descriptive. Characters are perfectly described, from head to toe, cloths. I liked it a lot.
*It's erotic, so if you are in the mood for an erotic book with both man being wild almost animalist guys this book is for you! Forget foreplay, forget sweet and gentile. It's raw, violent (like bites and punch) sort of sex.

Why I'm giving just 2 stars?
*After so many years reading MM romances I got tired of book with one character keep telling me he was wasting his ti
Jenre
Sep 14, 2010 Jenre rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, romance, steampunk
I was attracted to this novella by the steampunk stetting. I’ve only read a couple of other steampunk romances, and I was interested in the setting. That part of the book did not disappoint.

Damian is a ‘bringer’, a law enforcer for the Eastern states. He’s tasked with travelling to the uncivilised West to track down and execute justice on a man who has killed the wife and two children of an Eastern statesman. Things are not as clear cut as they usually are for Damian when he meets his quarry, Ke
Kassa
Sep 14, 2010 Kassa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The Outlaw is a steam punk story blending steam power and metal architecture with Wild West mentality and time frames. The basic premise is familiar – the cop and the outlaw develop instant chemistry which ends up changing everything the cop believed in while the two rebel against the status quo government. There’s nothing especially innovative or original about the plot, even when teaming it with the steam punk setting. While this would have been ok, unfortunately I couldn’t really connect with ...more
Meggie
Jan 18, 2011 Meggie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was really looking forward to reading this story.
The review was really interesting, and the idea for the plot, too. If this plot were right written, it would be just awesome, but then...,
I guess the author didn't know how to make it more then she did.

What a shame, really... so much of a undeveloped possibilities, and the plot shows a lot of potential intrigues, but then I guess it's easier to write this short, blah.. story then some really awesome book this plot could have been written into.
Rikki
Sep 08, 2010 Rikki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, glbt
Secretly Reading
Originally reviewed on The Book Vixen

I am a huge steampunk fan so this MM steampunk synopsis captured my attention and I’m glad I read it. I loved the setting, which was a blend of the old West and steampunk. Though a short story, the atmosphere is well written so readers get a sense of this unique world that I really liked. The plot of Damian hunting Kell is well constructed, fast-paced and part of a cultural war. My only real complaint is that the leads, Kell and Damian, are hot men but not mu
Book Utopia
Jan 17, 2011 Book Utopia rated it did not like it
The steampunk setting is the strongest part of this short novella. I didn't care for the primary hero, and the instant love theme felt like a shortcut to any kind of characterization. Numerous typos throughout the book really distracted me as well, while the ending lacks any real closure to the issues brought up by the plot.
Ayanna
Jan 24, 2013 Ayanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, favorites
It was actually surprisingly good. Surprising since I don't normally like Westerns or steampunk and this had elements of both. It's short, but has quite an interesting punch to it. All in all a surprisingly enjoyable reading.
Sue
Mar 08, 2013 Sue rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars from me, really. I found I didn't like the characters or setting overmuch, but managed to finish the book, so it was in between 2 stars 'ok', and 3 stars 'liked it' at the end.
George
Jul 11, 2014 George rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay-steampunk
Mediocre, Young adult writing? Probably will not get second book. Needed more world building, steampunk & science fiction is all about the world building.
Kei
Sep 15, 2010 Kei rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
I love Rebecca's boys. They are a bit rough around the edges and definitely a little hard on each other. Take that however you want.
Greg
Greg rated it it was ok
Mar 18, 2016
Noelle Dixon
Noelle Dixon marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2015
Elisa Rolle
Elisa Rolle marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Fred Hughes
Fred Hughes marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Anna
Anna added it
Jul 12, 2015
Jack
Jack added it
Jun 18, 2015
Audrey
Audrey marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Eve P.
Eve P. rated it did not like it
May 09, 2015
Driima
Driima added it
May 30, 2015
Solchus
Solchus rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Wara
Wara added it
Jan 26, 2015
Carrie Jenco
Carrie Jenco marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
boogleloo
boogleloo rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Rebecca Leigh is the mistress of her own destiny. From the confines of her ocean-side bungalow, she gets lost in her erotic fantasies. Those fantasies find their way into her hot, sensual romances -- paranormal, M/M, F/F, menage -- you name it, she writes it! She occasionally allows herself breaks from her erotic ball-and-chain to drink wine and eat oysters.

She can often be found socializing on t
More about Rebecca Leigh...