Start by marking “Eco-Chic Weddings: Simple Tips to Plan an Earth-Friendly, Socially Responsible, Affordable Green Wedding” as Want to Read:

2.87 of 5 stars 2.87  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Add Style to Your Wedding and Stay True to Your Beliefs

Planning your wedding can be the best time to be eco-friendly. The wedding industry has a huge impact on the global economy and the environment, as wedding parties spend over $125 billion a year in the U.S. alone. Eco-Chic Weddings presents the quick, simple, and easy-to-follow tips you need to make your wedding social...more
Published January 2nd 2007 by Hatherleigh Press

To ask other readers questions about Eco-Chic Weddings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eco-Chic Weddings

Melanie
This book didn't push the green card enough. It capture the basic idea, but it didn't promote many truly innovative ideas or as the bride to sacrifice a little when there really are no green alternatives to wedding consumerism.

For example, in the entire chapter on wedding invitations only a tiny blurb was devoted to e-invites while the rest of the chapter focused on tree-free paper and recycled alternatives. Surely avoiding paper altogether is not only the greener alternative to paper invites,...more
Lee
This book would be best for someone who has little to no previous interest in sustainability or eco-friendly practices. Because while I am in no way an expert on those topics, I do have an active interest in being sustainable in my lifestyle...which meant a lot of the tips that are offered felt obvious. For example, using china and glassware that can be reused instead of plasticware that will be thrown away - that's something I've known will happen at my and my fiance's wedding from day one.

Howe...more
Molly
Didn't like it. There are so many bridal books out there, and I'm beginning to think that it's because they'll publish anything. Don't get me wrong- I would not have checked this book out if I didn't totally agree with the title. But the writing was weak and the strongest parts were merely lists of links to internet sites that looked potentially useful. Call me old-fashioned, but I don't want to read a non-fiction book where the author says, "Did you know....? I didn't" It just makes me feel tha...more
Jessica
Pretty basic, but there are a few good pointers that I noted.
Jen
Not nearly as good as I'd hoped; more a primer for brides who aren't eco-conscious in their everyday lives than for folks who try to make environmentally friendly decisions day-to-day. One section was informative: eco-chic honeymoons, featuring resorts that try to be earth-friendly.
Claire
A well-intentioned book, seems best as a source for helpful green websites. Taking up about 15 pages at the end of the book to reprint all the websites that are at the end of each chapter seemed like a huge waste of paper.
Sara
This book was only medium helpful, as a lot of the advice is pretty intuitive, or we're already doing it, but she does have a list of vendors and companies I wouldn't have found otherwise so that's good.
Amy
Apr 07, 2008 Amy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: brides to be, eco-conscious, wedding planners
Handy reference; lots of helpful links and resources. Most of the ideas were pretty straightforward, but I'll probably use it as I'm planning to make sure I don't forget something. Easy to read.
Britt
Very useful! Has lots of good web references, ideas, and promotes a great philosophy on having a fun wedding without going over the top.
Heather
I learned a lot from this book! Definitely worth picking up if you've got upcoming nuptials.
Melissa
Lots of useful links, even though some are out of date. Mmm wedding fun!
Erika
The vendor lists were helpful, but that was about it.
Tabitha Eavenson
Tabitha Eavenson marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Julienne Paskel
Julienne Paskel marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Nadia
Nadia marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
Wendy
Wendy added it
Mar 08, 2013
Maryah
Maryah marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
April Todd-welsh
April Todd-welsh marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
Chelsey
Chelsey marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012