Start by marking “Eco-Chic Weddings: Simple Tips to Plan an Earth-Friendly, Socially Responsible, Affordable Green Wedding” as Want to Read:

Add Style to Your Wedding and Stay True to Your Beliefs

Planning your wedding can be the best time to be eco-friendly. The wedding industry has a huge impact on the global economy and the environment, as wedding parties spend over $125 billion a year in the U.S. alone. Eco-Chic Weddings presents the quick, simple, and easy-to-follow tips you need to make your wedding social
Published January 2nd 2007 by Hatherleigh Press

To ask other readers questions about Eco-Chic Weddings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eco-Chic Weddings

Melanie
Sep 02, 2008 Melanie rated it did not like it
This book didn't push the green card enough. It capture the basic idea, but it didn't promote many truly innovative ideas or as the bride to sacrifice a little when there really are no green alternatives to wedding consumerism.

For example, in the entire chapter on wedding invitations only a tiny blurb was devoted to e-invites while the rest of the chapter focused on tree-free paper and recycled alternatives. Surely avoiding paper altogether is not only the greener alternative to paper invites,
Lee
Jun 10, 2012 Lee rated it it was ok
This book would be best for someone who has little to no previous interest in sustainability or eco-friendly practices. Because while I am in no way an expert on those topics, I do have an active interest in being sustainable in my lifestyle...which meant a lot of the tips that are offered felt obvious. For example, using china and glassware that can be reused instead of plasticware that will be thrown away - that's something I've known will happen at my and my fiance's wedding from day one.

Howe
Molly
Mar 01, 2010 Molly rated it did not like it
Didn't like it. There are so many bridal books out there, and I'm beginning to think that it's because they'll publish anything. Don't get me wrong- I would not have checked this book out if I didn't totally agree with the title. But the writing was weak and the strongest parts were merely lists of links to internet sites that looked potentially useful. Call me old-fashioned, but I don't want to read a non-fiction book where the author says, "Did you know....? I didn't" It just makes me feel tha ...more
Sara
Jun 25, 2008 Sara rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, wedding
This book was only medium helpful, as a lot of the advice is pretty intuitive, or we're already doing it, but she does have a list of vendors and companies I wouldn't have found otherwise so that's good.
Jen
Not nearly as good as I'd hoped; more a primer for brides who aren't eco-conscious in their everyday lives than for folks who try to make environmentally friendly decisions day-to-day. One section was informative: eco-chic honeymoons, featuring resorts that try to be earth-friendly.
Claire
Aug 06, 2008 Claire rated it liked it
A well-intentioned book, seems best as a source for helpful green websites. Taking up about 15 pages at the end of the book to reprint all the websites that are at the end of each chapter seemed like a huge waste of paper.
Amy
Feb 29, 2008 Amy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: brides to be, eco-conscious, wedding planners
Handy reference; lots of helpful links and resources. Most of the ideas were pretty straightforward, but I'll probably use it as I'm planning to make sure I don't forget something. Easy to read.
Britt
Sep 18, 2008 Britt rated it liked it
Very useful! Has lots of good web references, ideas, and promotes a great philosophy on having a fun wedding without going over the top.
Melissa
Oct 20, 2008 Melissa rated it liked it
Shelves: wedding
Lots of useful links, even though some are out of date. Mmm wedding fun!
Heather
Sep 16, 2009 Heather rated it it was amazing
I learned a lot from this book! Definitely worth picking up if you've got upcoming nuptials.
Jessica
Feb 25, 2014 Jessica rated it liked it
Pretty basic, but there are a few good pointers that I noted.
Faerie
Faerie rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2012
Angeline
Angeline rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2008
Regan
Regan rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2009
Atena
Atena rated it did not like it
Jan 24, 2008
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it it was ok
May 06, 2009
Aynsley Anderson
Aynsley Anderson rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2011
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2008
Colleen Kane
Colleen Kane rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2008
Dana
Dana rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2014
belle berry
belle berry rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2014
Erika
Feb 28, 2011 Erika rated it it was ok
The vendor lists were helpful, but that was about it.
Danyale
Danyale rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2008
C-Barr
C-Barr rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2008
Allison
Allison rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2014
Hatherleigh Press
Hatherleigh Press rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2013
Mandy  Hornsby
Mandy Hornsby rated it it was ok
Dec 05, 2009