Start by marking “Sorceress” as Want to Read:
Sorceress

Sorceress (Medieval #3)

THE WATCHER: He smells her. Feels her. Knows she is coming. Chosen by the Fates, she is the one. Only she can lift the curse of darkness. But he will stop her-and he will sacrifice her.

THE WOMAN: Flame-haired and green-eyed, Bryanna looks enchanted but has always felt cursed, plagued by mysterious visions and voices. Bound by destiny to save an innocent life, Bryanna fol
Published September 4th 2007 by Penguin Group US

To ask other readers questions about Sorceress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sorceress

Gail
This book felt older than it is. To me, it read like one from the early 90s, a little overwrought. The hero is the bastard son of a noble who apparently wants the son dead. The heroine is the pampered daughter of another noble on the Welsh border who has visions that have now driven her out to deal with "danger from the north." There's some ominous something coming after her. Of course she hooks up with the hero, and splits from him, and meets the bad guy and is almost fooled. There's magic, and ...more
Regan Walker
Feb 24, 2012 Regan Walker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unique Blend of Historical Romance and Fantasy/Paranormal

I read Jackson’s Welsh trilogy (ENCHANTRESS, KISS OF THE MOON and OUTLAW) and loved it, and thought I’d read her second Welsh trilogy. This one's a bit different, but still quite good.

SORCERESS, set in late 13th century Wales, is the third in the trilogy, a medieval romance with strong fantasy/paranormal elements.

It tells of a legend of the Chosen One who was

Sired by Darkness,
Born of Light,
Protected by the Sacred Dagger,
A ruler of all
Nura
mana magick-nya??? bikin capek aja...
Paranormal Romance
The 16 year old heroine leaves the safety of her sisters home because a voice in her head pushes her to meet her destiny and the mystery of her birth. There's also the fact that the heroine fancies herself in love with her sisters husband which she's disgusted with herself about. So with only her horse, the heroine travels the wilds of Wales only to meet up with a stranger who's a wanted criminal and also turns out to be a childhood crush. He's a bastard who is charged with murdering the sheriff ...more
Marie
May 31, 2014 Marie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, 2014
Bintang 3
Medieval Trilogy #3.

Wow...
Baru kali ini baca buku berasa seperti bermain game RPG. Kesan terakhir selesai baca, nih buku kalau dijadikan film petualangan kayaknya asyik ya...
Bagiku semua unsur yg membuatnya asyik tergabung jadi satu dengan baik: petualangan, pertentangan antara kegelapan dan cahaya, perjalanan yg berujung pada pencarian jati diri, benda magis yg diperebutkan, sihir, penyihir cantik, ksatria pelindung, pemburu yg bertobat, hewan pelindung jejadian, kesatria jahat, hingga
Rachel
Jul 26, 2014 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a departure from the typical historical romance fare!
"Sorceress" is more of a Celtic fantasy/adventure novel with a bit of a romantic side story thrown in for good measure, so it may not be received very warmly by fans of traditional romance. There are also some very dark undertones and plot elements that could almost classify as horror, or, at the very least, dark fantasy. It also has some seriously creepy antagonists...
I really enjoyed it, but I mostly read fantasy anyway and ventur
Raine Thomas
Jul 23, 2011 Raine Thomas rated it liked it
This was my first of Lisa Jackson's books, and I'll admit it was a gift from my husband. I give the author credit for creating an obvious series of books without each book being dependent on the other. Where this book failed for me was in how it didn't make me want to read the book that evidently came before it.

Without revealing too much, what I will say is I was disappointed that evil in any way succeeded in its efforts. While I know that good and innocence can't always prevail, the way the evi
Melissa
Sep 03, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the moment I read the first page, I knew I would be hooked.
The author is insightful, descriptive, strings her sentences with perfection.
There is everything required for an amazing tale in this novel.
Love, sadness, fear, magic, desire, blood, light and hope.
A young girl leaves the safety of her home and family to fulfill a quest and have the adventure of a lifetime.
There is evil out to stop her from succeeding but there is also a man who is determined to make her his and he will literally f
Amanda
Sep 17, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodwill
The maine character is Brianna who is 16 I like her very much her character and personality showed both strength and naive. Gowan was awesome fierce, loyal, loving, and anything you would expect of a hero he isnt the average scarred hero whos moody possessive domineering hes different. Some of the events were so surprising and there was suspense, action and drama. Though I did enjoy tge book the one MAIN reason it didnt get 5 stars is the ending some, the strings were wrapped up too fast for my ...more
Ceecee
Dec 07, 2012 Ceecee marked it as life-is-too-short  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ceecee by: Billie
Shelves: not-my-cup-o-tea
On hold. I don't really want to read adult romance right now. Sorry, Ate Billie. I was on page 18 and the villain has a POV - a very perverted POV - and it made me squirmish.

Though maybe I will be finishing this after I finish the other books lent to me. There is a higher probability that I'll reread and finish Wuthering Heights instead. Also, Gone-Away Lake. :)
Annette
I felt so bad for Kambria (my daughter's name is Cambria:)
but I'm glad she was there as the wolf to help out.
I often wished Isa would tell her more. It was as frustrating for me, as it was for Bryanna that Isa wouldn't tell her more.
I hate the sexual content in this book though. I always find depraved sexual thought by the bad guys in these books turns my stomach and I skim right over it.

Mystery, love, adventure, unknown, a quest and help from the beyond.
Mahareni Sukadi
Gak suka buku ini gara2 si heroine ksih respon positip pas d-rape si villain!Pdhal sblm mnginvasi,si villain jelas2 mnegaskn, "Ak bukan Gavyn." Tetep sj si heroine ikut mnikmati n mlah ikut brpartisipasi (edaaaan).Ntah it saking telernya,ato saking begonya,ato saking naifnya,ato saking enaknya,smp gak ad prlawanan sm skli!
Bc buku ini mlah jd bete abiiiis!!!
Linda
Feb 15, 2012 Linda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
While I love her books, this one was Just OK to me. It dragged a bit and took longer for me to read. I love this kind of story line, but something was missing here. I'm not sure what it was about this book but it wasn't her best. I'm sure it happens to all writers, I wouldn't want to try my hand at it that's for sure. Still will read her books though because Lisa is a wonderful writer.
Sara Hemenway
Jul 27, 2013 Sara Hemenway rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, meh
I honestly don't remember much about this. I grabbed it in a grocery store before a road trip to read in the car. I didn't know at the time that it was part of a series, although that became evident when I read it. It wasn't a problem as far as being able to understand the story, though. It also obviously didn't make me go out and find the others.

Janie Johnson
Sep 23, 2012 Janie Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an Epic tale of good vs. evil. It displays the love a mother has for her child and the risks taken to see that he is safe. You will see the gallant love of a warrior as he tries to protect both mother and his child. And all for the sake of a prophesy foretold by a spirit named Isa. This is brilliantly written. Once again I was not disappointed by Lisa Jackson.
Candy Lazzaro
Jan 11, 2014 Candy Lazzaro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. A friend of mine gave it to me just before Christmas, so of course I started reading it. I had no idea there were two books written before this one. So that's my goal now, I've been looking for copies of the first 2 books. I'm really curious as to how the story started because I loved how it ended.
Natina El
I couldn't put it down, I think it was slow at parts but overall good read, felt like I was reading the beginning of a series instead of the end of a trilogy though. It wasn't one of those things where you knew immediately how it was going to end.. I like that about Lisa Jackson..
Kelly
Dec 17, 2009 Kelly marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't get very far into this one. Too much purple prose. In an early chapter, dogs are referred to as "furry sentinels," which cracked me up. I called my dog my "furry sentinel" for weeks. Sadly, I don't remember much else about the book.
Lisa
Mar 19, 2013 Lisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is what happens when you buy books at the airport.
Erin
Mar 28, 2010 Erin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Seemed like this book was a a concept plan for a long series. There were times when I turned the page and something would happen and I'd have no idea how anything connected.
Brittany
Dec 06, 2013 Brittany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had a hard time gettung into this book. It started out slow and took a while to get interesting. I did like the end of the book.
Cona Hartwig
May 24, 2010 Cona Hartwig rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was totally out of her genre. I loved it though!! Read it many times.
Brenda Justice
Mar 02, 2013 Brenda Justice rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
just picked it book up and started reading and could not put it down, now I'm looking for more books by Mrs Jackson. GREAT READ,
Lori
Dec 02, 2013 Lori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it
Joan
Jan 28, 2012 Joan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
I abandoned this one after about 70 pages.
Mary Chambers
Feb 03, 2012 Mary Chambers rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
not my cup of tea
Kate
And thus ends my reading-random-romance-novels experiment. Life is too short.
Kimmy
Jan 24, 2016 Kimmy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
At first the plot seemed so odd especially with all the different angles the author wrote I caught along quick but in all honesty I believe some scenes were better written off.
Andrew Carter
OK…I like Lisa Jackson, but prefer her suspense stories more that this historical tale.
Anna Mcfadden
Aug 07, 2015 Anna Mcfadden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bryanna sets off on a quest to fill her destiny and as evil is always at her back, in the forest she runs into a guy name Gavyn and his wolf Bane.
  • Outlaw (Medieval Trilogy, #3)
  • Fountain of Fire (Akora, #6)
  • Stealing Heaven (Medieval #3)
  • A Marquis to Marry (The Rogues' Dynasty #2)
  • Daughter of Fire (Merlin's Legacy, #1)
  • Beloved Enemy
  • Beyond Fearless (Beyond, #2)
  • The Trouble with Moonlight
  • Love Birds of Regent's Park (The Love Birds, #1)
  • Faeries Gone Wild
  • Captive Dreams
  • Lord of the Highlands (Highlands, #4)
  • The Harlot's Daughter
  • A Bright Particular Star (Cavanagh Family, #2)
  • The Warlord's Bride (King John,  #4)
  • The Charm Stone
  • Highland Beast (MacNachton Vampires, #6)

Lisa Jackson is the number-one New York Times bestselling author of more than 85 novels, including Afraid to Die, Tell Me, You Don’t Want to Know, Running Scared, Without Mercy, Malice, and Shiver.  She is also the co-author of the Colony Series, co-written with her sister, Nancy Bush. There are over 20 million copies of Lisa Jackson’s books in print in twenty languages.

Before she became a natio

More about Lisa Jackson...

Medieval (3 books)
  • Impostress
  • Temptress (Medieval, #2)