Start by marking “Zombie Cupcakes: From the Grave to the Table with 16 Cupcake Corpses” as Want to Read:
Zombie Cupcakes: From the Grave to the Table with 16 Cupcake Corpses

Zombie Cupcakes: From the Grave to the Table with 16 Cupcake Corpses

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Combining two hot trends—zombies and cupcakes—makes for a monster baking title! Zombies never tasted so good!

Conjuring up her inner George A. Romero, professional cake designer Zilly Rosen focuses her creative attention on crafting a legion of edible undead inside Zombie Cupcakes: From the Grave to the Table wit
Published March 1st 2011 by Andrews McMeel Publishing (first published September 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Zombie Cupcakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombie Cupcakes

Kelly
There are two things you need to know about me:

#1 - I adore Halloween. I have ridiculous amounts of love for the holiday. I start planning my H-day decorating months in advance. I dress up. I have Halloween-themed decorations up year-round in my room (the rest of the family nixed the year-round H-day decors in the main part of the house. Jerks.). I love all the assorted goblins and ghoulies associated with the holiday.

#2 - I make the most amazing banana bread you will ever eat. Seriously. If you
Danelle
Zilly's talent is outstanding! This book is a fun one for children as much as for adults. I love any book that can easily involve children in a family activity. The second my kids saw some of the cupcakes, they wanted to start making them right away! Each child picking out their gorey favorites ( I mean what do you expect from my kids - thier motto the grosser the idea the better!)

Two special ideas in the book is the rating system- the recipies are rated in difficulty by skulls. And on some of t
Sandie
Really cute halloween cupcake ideas. The author was really thinking outside the box with these. While the recipes themselves are just average, the modeling ideas with step by step instructions make this worthwhile
Kathryn
Instructions are included in this cookbook on how to make teeth, knives, rats, maggots... all out of fondant. Fondant makes me nervous, as I have not used it in a long while and I have watched a few too many cake challenges on tv, on Food Network or something along those lines. I priced the fondant a Walmart this week and it was more than I expected. But all of this has little to do with the book.

The recipes included appear delicious and as far as I can tell without yet using them, mostly simpl
Chibineko
Lovingly illustrated & highly playful, Zombie Cupcakes showcases many different ways to decorate your cupcakes for that oh so special occasion! These aren’t your typical “worms & dirt” cupcakes that you’ll find at every Halloween party & bake sale. No, these cupcakes go the extra mile. With designs inspired by several different movies, stories, & genres, (my favorite was the Resident Evil T-Virus one), this is one book that is not for the faint of heart.

I’ll admit, when you firs
Mary (BookHounds)
These cupcakes aren't the average graveyard looks like the popular cookie dirt with gummy worm version so popular around Halloween. There are a lot of wonderful new creations that are somewhat easy to make if you are versed in fondant. You can cheat and buy pre made fondant which was much easier than trying to figure it out on you own, although there is a recipe in the book. Most of the cake part of the recipes are easy to follow and made with simple ingredients. The pictures are nicely done and ...more
Diyou
This was such a fun book!

Zombie Cupcakes takes the Zombie craze to the next level and turns the table on the Undead making them the eaten! Instructions for several different decorating techniques are included, as are instructions for making fun "toppers" out of fondant such as rats, birds, shovels and more. The best part? The step by step instructions in pictures so you can SEE what you need to be doing.

The cupcake recipes all look really delicious (Sadly, I have not made any yet), and fairly
Sam
This is a great little book that takes you through every step in making your own zombie cupcake creations with the added bonus of some zombie trivia and a zombie quiz to keep you busy while waiting for your cakes to cool. All of the decorations have their own little how to instructions complete with illustrations for the more complicated points while still allowing a bit of personal creativity. The cakes themselves are delicious (made the Key Lime cupcakes myself and they are fab) and the recipe ...more
Habrewer
Zombie Cupcakes by Zilly Rosen
* I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Zombie Cupcakes was a fun book to read. It contained colorful pictures with easy to follow directions, complete with a list of everything you would need to make them.

These cupcakes will be so much fun to have decorating your table when Halloween rolls around or any other time of the year. They will be enjoyed by young and old alike.

My daughter and I really enjoyed going through them t
Read2review
** For the full review please check out www.read2review.com **

The way to any person’s heart, in my opinion, is through food. Plus when it comes in the form of cupcakes and totally awesome decorations who can refuse?

The recopies included in the book have simple step by step guides to how to make the selected desert. There are full colour pictures throughout, trivia about classic zombie movies and in the front section are simple recopies that are called for in some of the recipes.

Read more here: h
Tofu Fairy
super cute and amazingly detailed creations here folks. I loved them! Mind you, I am not a cook and borrowed this book from the library to see the pictures of the creations. I have no plan to make any of them. BUT if you are a cook, there are great and thorough directions on how to make each one and it looks difficult but not impossible and some were pretty easy looking actually. very unique and original and perfect for any Halloween or zombie themed party! I highly recommend, even just for pict ...more
Karly
The designs in this book were awesome with great illustrations and photos. I would definitely make some of these if I were having a zombie-themed party. Unfortunately, the likelihood of that happening is quite slim. These designs require a little more work and preparation than I'm apt to put forth when making cupcakes, but would make a great gift for a Goth Martha Stewart.

Much thanks to Andrews McMeel Publishing for allowing access via NetGalley.
Stacie
While my 5 year old loved everything about this book I am so revolted by some of these! And inappropiate! The Zombie hand rising out of the chocolate dirt was cute when I made it, but the Zombie Intestines Delight with Lungs & Heart turned my stomach. The Bride decapitating the Groom (while novel and creative) was just wrong for a cupcake. The plus side of this book is the realatively simple instructions complete with illustrations.
Arlene Ang
The 16 recipes seem pretty basic—from carrot and devil's food to blue banana (just food coloring) and applesauce & caramel cupcakes. The decorative details, however, are mind-blowing. The cupcakes are more fun to make, of course, when your with kids or friends, or when you're having people over... probably not a good idea to serve to your boss though.
Deb
OK, a bit too detailed for my skill level and taste to road test the varied zombie cupcakes, but I gave this book to my zombie-loving niece who has vowed to cook from it. There are lots of detailed instructions and the recipes sound good. It will be fun for her or for Halloween. ;-)
For such a specified topic, this book wasn't interesting or creative enough to garner more than a "meh" from me. The recipes didn't offer anything that special, and the decorating techniques were all very similar. The only thing that makes this outside the box is the subject matter.
Maria
I think this book is very creative. The flavors are wonderful, even to get the book for just the recipies is wonderful. We have a Halloween party for our friends and I hope my husband will agree to make some of these for the party, it would be awesome.
Erin
This is a funny book and definately worth a look if you are a baker. It could make some fun cupcakes for Halloween or any type of spooky party. It would have been better though if they gave you a receipe for making your own fondant.
Ann
Cool looking cupcakes but a lot of steps to get to the end effect. The easy recipes would be difficult for most people. I did like the zombie trivia questions but...
Shelly
Aug 03, 2012 Shelly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Shelly by: Gina Marie
Shelves: zombies
Such cute cupcakes, would make good Halloween eats.

Thank you Gina Marie!!! Such a good idea, you should whip some up for us!
Stephanie Cox
Zombie cupcakes! What could be more fun? Cute book with nice step by step instructions for making the cupcakes.
Darkpool (protesting GR censorship)
Just picked this up half price online. If it's delivered today I may even try making some this weekend...
Jen Angel
Really enjoyed this! Creative ideas with clear directions and great photos. Wish it were longer!
Ma
Jan 04, 2013 Ma marked it as to-read
yummy recipes - great pics, but so unique that you could´t bake them an other time than halloween
Cat
Innovative but ambitious for your average baker. Solid instructions, great pictures.
Heather
Test your zombie knowledge while creating 16 gruesome delights.
Cortney
Cute ideas for Halloween themed cupcakes!
Jenny
Very funny and well-done - it made me giggle.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »