Start by marking “Herbal Healing for Women” as Want to Read:
Herbal Healing for Women

Herbal Healing for Women

Comprehensive and easy-to-use, Herbal Healing for Women explains how to create remedies -- including teas, tinctures, salves and ointments--for the common disorders that arise in the different cycles of a woman's life. A complete women's health-care manual, this book discusses: common disorders and the herbs that are effective for treating them how to select and store herb ...more
Published November 10th 1993 by Touchstone

To ask other readers questions about Herbal Healing for Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Herbal Healing for Women

Astrid
Jun 21, 2007 Astrid rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: women interested in herbs and natural healing
Rosemary Gladstar is one of my favorite herbalists. This book is a great resource for women of any age, as it is divided into three parts, each corresponding to a phase of a woman's life. Also teaches how to store and use herbs, and includes basic information about herbs specific to women.
Jan 05, 2009 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: herbs-herbals
A fabulous book for women interested in caring for themselves and their families. Very accessible and common sense approach to herbal healing.
Linn Wiggins
Nov 06, 2013 Linn Wiggins rated it it was amazing
Shelves: herbals, influences
I've got an older copy than this one, much loved and picked up in a second hand book store.

Love anything by Rosemary Gladstar - her writing is really down to earth but her decades of experience as a practising herbalist and teacher of medicinal herbs shine through with specific information (the fine print) so you can apply it in a practical way.

There is some really good information on herbal manufacturing in this book. I'm a professionally qualifed herbalist and make my own remedies up for my cl
Kylin Larsson
Jun 22, 2009 Kylin Larsson rated it really liked it
The author, Rosemary Gladstar, seems to know a lot about herbs. The book has sections that show how to use herbs; herbs for young women; herbs for women in childbearing years; herbs for pregnancy; herbs for menopause; and a highly useful index.

I have to say that although I enjoyed learning about the history of the herbs and possible uses for them, I haven't tried any herbs (except for prepackaged ginger tea to keep the pregnancy heartburn in check). I really believe that herbs are powerful heal
Nadeja Teleute
Dec 08, 2012 Nadeja Teleute rated it really liked it
Rosemary Gladstar is an knowledgeable practicing herbalist and informative writer. I found the information accessible and useful to me as someone just beginning to work with herbal medicines. I appreciated that the beginning chapters described what each different type of medicine (i.e.- tea, decoction, infusions, tinctures, oils, salves, pills) used throughout the book was and directions on how each are made. Each page is packed with useful dietary recommendations and recipes for specific body-l ...more
Jessica
Jan 22, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it
not quite as scientific as i would like books like this to be, but still quite thorough. very conversational style of writing. i like the organization of this book. i think this would be a really good book for someone who is newly interested in learning about an herbal perspective regarding basic women's health issues.
Missy
Jan 28, 2008 Missy rated it really liked it
Gladstar is a wonderful, tone-setting herbalist; it's hard to say enough about her. That said, this book is less useful than many others, primarily because it's not aesthetically pleasing in the layout, which makes a difference in a book that I use for reference.
Maja Haloway
Nov 12, 2010 Maja Haloway rated it really liked it
Another excellent book by Rosemary Gladstar. Like her other publications, the herbal information contains a fun mix of recipes, herbal folklore, and herbal recommendations. Her appendix has an an expanded list of additional reading/resources that are definitely worth exploring.
JoDean
Apr 02, 2008 JoDean rated it really liked it
Shelves: natural-health
Very specific to every phase and season of womanhood. The info on the herbs is extensive. The herbs discussed are specific to women's issues. Many, many recipes. It is easy to catch Rosemary's enthusiasm for herbs.
Michelle
Apr 14, 2008 Michelle rated it it was amazing
I cured myself of endometriosis. If you are female and experience abdominal problems that are serious, you can email me or read this book to get help. I continue to find this book empowering each time I reference it.
Cathy
Jun 27, 2009 Cathy rated it it was amazing
A significant find! Very helpful to those of us without mothers to guide us along the path of health and healing.
Book Lustre
Oct 07, 2014 Book Lustre rated it it was amazing
Great book, really helpful. Lots of great teas and tonics that really work. As an herbalist I use this book nearly every week.
Joolie
Oct 10, 2008 Joolie rated it liked it
Shelves: health, herbalism
great gaia! another herb text-ish book
Claude Anne
This is my go-to herbal remedies book. It's easy to follow and the herbs are generally accessible at markets here in Portland, OR.
Swanelle
Jul 12, 2008 Swanelle rated it really liked it
More in depth info on all the cycles of a woman's life, compared to the Gladstar's "Family Herbal".
Sarah Jane
Dec 16, 2008 Sarah Jane rated it it was amazing
One of my all-time fav's!
Jmaynard9221
Jun 25, 2008 Jmaynard9221 rated it it was amazing
this book is a wonderful introduction and guide to Women's (natural, organic) health. It is very well-written and easy to follow, which greatly helps if you are embarking on this kind of self-care.
Jul 24, 2008 Laura rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Gwen
Rosemary Gladstar is the queen of medicinal herbs. Reading this book is like having a chat with her!
Holly
Jun 14, 2016 Holly rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite Women's Herbal. This book has helped me so much in my life. I still read, use recipes. A must have for any herbalist or just for someone who wants to help heal themselves.
Breeana
May 28, 2014 Breeana rated it it was ok
Not sure I believe every word of this but it was interesting to a point. I'd rate this "just ok".
Kathleen O'Mara
Apr 17, 2008 Kathleen O'Mara rated it it was amazing
All women should have this book available. Rosemary shares the joys of women focused herbalism in a powerful way.
Hannah Ransom
Mar 27, 2015 Hannah Ransom rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book.
Peter
Jan 25, 2008 Peter is currently reading it
thus far, seems a good herbal. Woman seems to know her herbs and dance the intuition/science line pretty well
Debbie Vanover
A must have

veggloverherbaltraditions.wordpress.com
feedmeveggies.blogspot.com
theherbnjungle.blogspot.com
Nicole Martin
Feb 21, 2008 Nicole Martin rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Nicole by: Amy- again
Rosemary Gladstar does it again with simple easy to follow time tested remedies. She covers a wide range of female specific health issues in this book.
Nora Gillespie
Nora Gillespie rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2013
Pandora
Pandora rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2014
Michele Hoover
Michele Hoover rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2012
Carla
Carla rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2013
Ellen
Ellen rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2012
http://www.healthdietalert.com/herbal-virility-max/ 1 1 Apr 03, 2017 02:17AM
I can define as well so if 1 2 Sep 05, 2014 09:10PM
  • Healing Wise (Wise Woman Herbal Series)
  • The Herbal Medicine-Maker's Handbook: A Home Manual
  • A Modern Herbal, Vol. I
  • The Way of Herbs
  • Hygieia: A Woman's Herbal
  • The Natural Pregnancy Book: Herbs, Nutrition, and Other Holistic Choices
  • The Complete Illustrated Holistic Herbal: Safe and Practical Guide to Making and Using Herbal Remedies
  • The Book of Herbal Wisdom: Using Plants as Medicines
  • Medicinal Plants of the Pacific West
  • The New Age Herbalist: How to Use Herbs for Healing, Nutrition, Body Care, and Relaxation
  • Sacred Plant Medicine: The Wisdom in Native American Herbalism
  • A Field Guide to Medicinal Plants and Herbs
  • The Herbalist's Way: The Art and Practice of Healing with Plant Medicines
  • The Healing Herbs: The Ultimate Guide To The Curative Power Of Nature's Medicines
  • Culpeper's Complete Herbal
  • Encyclopedia of Essential Oils: The complete guide to the use of aromatic oils in aromatherapy, herbalism, health and well-being
Rosemary Gladstar is a pioneer in the herbal movement and has been called the 'godmother of American Herbalism'. She began over 35 years ago developing herbal formulas in her herb shop, Rosemary's Garden in Sonoma County, California. She is the founder of the California School of Herbal Studies, the oldest running herb school in the United States, author of The Science and Art of Herbalism home st ...more
More about Rosemary Gladstar...