Start by marking “The Chicken Pox Panic (Cul-de-sac Kids, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Chicken Pox Panic (Cul-de-sac Kids, #2)

The Chicken Pox Panic (Cul-de-sac Kids #2)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Abby Hunter plans a birthday cake her brother will never forget. Will she be able to keep it a secret from him? Or will her little sister's big mouth get in the way?As the party day nears, Abby's best friend, Stacy Henry, needs help solving a family mystery. Abby goes broke playing detective. Then, one after another, the Cul-de-sac Kids break out with the chicken pox! What ...more
Published March 1st 1995 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Chicken Pox Panic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chicken Pox Panic

Abby
Just a book for younger kids...however I think these are funny and so short I read them :) I am not going to review though, but they are Christian :)
Anyway! Sorry for being so out of the loop with goodreads. I haven't been reviewing or adding any of the books I have read lately! But now that I am done with school I will try to remember everything I have read and add + review it ;)
Joy Gerbode
I love these books for kids and am eager to share them with grandsons. Wonderful lessons of how to get through life's hiccups, how to relate to friends and family, and how to enjoy a life full of love and laughter. Love Beverly Lewis, no matter who her audience!
Mandy J. J.
The 2nd book in The CulDeSac Kids series, it features Abby hunter at the front of the story once again. This time she is trying to bake a special cake for her newly adopted brother...shhh!...it's a surprise, and she is also trying to solve a mystery for her best friend Stacy. Will she be able to do both? Will she be able to do even one?!

I read this book to my 4 & 6 year old daughters and they loved it. Good to read aloud to young children, but as a read-by-myself for ages 7-10.
Jenny Rose
Chicken Pox Panic (Cul-de-Sac Kids #2) by Beverly Lewis is a cut story for 7-10 year old girls. Abby Hunter is focused on planning a special party for one of her adopted brother’s first birthday in the U.S. Then one of her friends begins to wonder if she is adopted. Abby worries that the special day will be ruined when the cake plan falls apart and chicken pox spreads through the neighborhood.

The Cul-de-Sac Kids books are Christian, but not preachy. They are a quick, fun read.
Mackenzie Dare
This story is good for teaching kids how to "make lemonade out of lemons." Abby has all these big plans for giving her brother the most wonderful birthday party ever, but that is before one by one things all start going wrong. However, instead of giving up, she improvises and in the end everything turns out great. This is a good lesson for kids on how to be flexible and turn things around. Even if it isn't perfect it can still be good.
Kristine Pratt
Another great book by Beverly Lewis!

Everyone has chicken pox and poor Abby is trying to plan the best birthday party ever for her brand new brother. She handles the situation well with humor and compassion, taking time along the way to help her friends.

I like Abby and wish I'd had a friend like her as a kid. Great series of books. I'll be back!
Mary-Jane
An engaging story about how how the spread of the chicken pox interferes with a surprise party Abby is planning for her adopted Korean brother. The ending is a creative and funny solution. In this book, the children work together or on their own to solve problems, and they do not approach their parents for help.
Barb G
Cute, simple story. Reference to one child's "hyper medicine" that wasn't necessary. Seven year old son is already over the she felt like a "jitterbox" that's repeated throughout the story.
Mary
I hope I never get chicken pox!
Mattea
It was ok.
Michael Schwartz
Michael Schwartz marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Patsy Viney
Patsy Viney marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Rebecca Leeann
Rebecca Leeann marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Chris Meier
Chris Meier marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Wilfredo Guerrero
Wilfredo Guerrero marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Deanna Lane
Deanna Lane marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Rachel added it
Aug 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Slant
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • Bible Stories for Growing Kids
  • Haunted Waters
  • Hoofbeats of Danger (American Girl History Mysteries, #2)
  • Meet the Boxcar Children  (Adventures of Benny and Watch)
  • Double Vision
  • Kids in Hard Times (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #22)
  • Escape from the Island of Aquarius (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #2)
  • The Night Flyers (American Girl History Mysteries, #3)
  • The Swamp Robber (Sugar Creek Gang, #1)
  • New Kid in Town
  • Bryson City Tales: Stories of a Doctor's First Year of Practice in the Smoky Mountains
  • The Way Home: A Princess Story
  • Prints Charming (Sisters, Ink Prequel)
  • My Life as a Smashed Burrito (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #1)
  • Whistler in the Dark (American Girl History Mysteries, #16)

Beverly Lewis, raised in Pennsylvania Amish country and both a schoolteacher and an accomplished musician, has been an award-winning author for over a dozen years. Her acclaimed novel, The Preacher's Daughter, was a 2006 Quill Book Award finalist in the romance category. Her books have appeared on numerous best
More about Beverly Lewis...
The Shunning (The Heritage of Lancaster County, #1) The Covenant (Abram's Daughters, #1) The Betrayal (Abram's Daughters, #2) The Sacrifice (Abram's Daughters, #3) The Prodigal (Abram's Daughters, #4)