Start by marking “Death of a Liturgist” as Want to Read:
Death of a Liturgist

Death of a Liturgist

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Some people are just dying for change!

St. Rita s was a vibrant suburban church whose parishioners liked things on the traditional side: old-fashioned hymns from the choir and no-nonsense preaching from the priests, pious devotions in the chapel and warm pastries in the rectory kitchen.

All that ended the day the liturgist arrived.

He promised to bring the parish up to dat
Published September 1st 2010 by Saint Benedict Press

To ask other readers questions about Death of a Liturgist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death of a Liturgist

Jeff Miller
When I first saw the title Death of a Liturgist I must say I was intrigued. Judging by the title I though I always like a book with a happy ending. Well actually I was intrigued, but was really wondering if the novel was worth reading or whether it was a vehicle for liturgical polemics. Lorraine V. Murray is an author I have heard good things about with her “Confessions of an Ex-Feminist” and “The Abbess of Andalusia – Flannery O’Connor’s Spiritual Journey”. Death of a Liturgist is her second my ...more
Any doubts I had about this book were resolved in the first few pages. Father Bunt is assigned to a new parish, much larger than his old one and feels quite out of his league. The natural thing to do, then, is to hire a liturgist, right? Not everyone agrees, though Father is a bit blind to the chaos and upheaval said liturgist is causing. And then, the liturgist is dead! Foul play? Who's to blame? Discovering the answer will keep you turning pages AND keep you laughing (at least if you're like m ...more
Peter Mongeau, Tuscany Press
After her first book Death in the Choir, Lorraine Murray delivers another cozy mystery in this second in her Francesca Bibbo series, Death of a Liturgist.

After grieving the death of her husband, widowed Francesca has carved a comfortable place for herself in her St Rita’s’ parish. She answers the phone at the rectory, sings in the choir and has even started dating handsome detective Tony Viscardi. But a lot of new changes are happening at St Rita’s. A new pastor is taking over.

Read more: http://
CatholicBibliophagist
I didn't like the main character as well as the supporting characters -- mainly because I wanted to shake her and shout, "Don't be so stupid!" Note to self: try to actually review this later.
April
Pretty good read. I did not enjoy some of the stereotyping, but otherwise found it an interesting, light mystery.
Julie Davis
Definitely a more developed story than the first in the series, Death in the Choir. A full review to come.
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Maryann
Maryann marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Leo
Leo marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Anna Rose
Anna Rose marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Kathy
Kathy added it
Nov 30, 2013
Vincent
Vincent marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2013
Gabrielle
Gabrielle marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2013
Natalia
Natalia marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2013
David
David marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2013
Patty
Patty marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2012
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2012
Dina
Dina added it
Jun 24, 2012
Susan Killian
Susan Killian is currently reading it
May 30, 2012
Lorraine V. (for Viscardi) Murray grew up in Miami. She graduated from the University of Florida with graduate degrees in English and philosophy and then taught both subjects in college for many years. In her forties she finally got serious about pursuing her dream of writing and left teaching to become a free-lance writer. Today she is a columnist with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Lorraine li
More about Lorraine V. Murray...
The Abbess of Andalusia: Flannery O'Connor's Spiritual Journey Confessions of an Ex-Feminist Death in the Choir (Francesca Bibbo Series) Grace Notes: Embracing the Joy of Christ in a Broken World Death Dons a Mask