Start by marking “Death of a Liturgist” as Want to Read:
Death of a Liturgist

Death of a Liturgist

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  27 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Some people are just dying for change!

St. Rita s was a vibrant suburban church whose parishioners liked things on the traditional side: old-fashioned hymns from the choir and no-nonsense preaching from the priests, pious devotions in the chapel and warm pastries in the rectory kitchen.

All that ended the day the liturgist arrived.

He promised to bring the parish up to dat
Published September 1st 2010 by Saint Benedict Press

To ask other readers questions about Death of a Liturgist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death of a Liturgist

Jeff Miller
Nov 05, 2010 Jeff Miller rated it really liked it
When I first saw the title Death of a Liturgist I must say I was intrigued. Judging by the title I though I always like a book with a happy ending. Well actually I was intrigued, but was really wondering if the novel was worth reading or whether it was a vehicle for liturgical polemics. Lorraine V. Murray is an author I have heard good things about with her “Confessions of an Ex-Feminist” and “The Abbess of Andalusia – Flannery O’Connor’s Spiritual Journey”. Death of a Liturgist is her second my ...more
Apr 15, 2011 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-list
Any doubts I had about this book were resolved in the first few pages. Father Bunt is assigned to a new parish, much larger than his old one and feels quite out of his league. The natural thing to do, then, is to hire a liturgist, right? Not everyone agrees, though Father is a bit blind to the chaos and upheaval said liturgist is causing. And then, the liturgist is dead! Foul play? Who's to blame? Discovering the answer will keep you turning pages AND keep you laughing (at least if you're like m ...more
Anam
Jun 28, 2015 Anam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This, in my mind, is the best of the three!

I loved the problem with the moderization of the church. This is a problem that shows up in so many places. And the argument that "we must make the Church more relevant" is such hogwash! Young people are looking for truth and true spirituality - they don't want more of what they get everyday in the world!

The only problem for me is that I read these out of order (each is a stand alone) and I read it so long ago I want to go back and reread the third. I
Peter Mongeau
Dec 19, 2013 Peter Mongeau rated it really liked it
After her first book Death in the Choir, Lorraine Murray delivers another cozy mystery in this second in her Francesca Bibbo series, Death of a Liturgist.

After grieving the death of her husband, widowed Francesca has carved a comfortable place for herself in her St Rita’s’ parish. She answers the phone at the rectory, sings in the choir and has even started dating handsome detective Tony Viscardi. But a lot of new changes are happening at St Rita’s. A new pastor is taking over.

Read more: http://
CatholicBibliophagist
Aug 04, 2011 CatholicBibliophagist rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
I didn't like the main character as well as the supporting characters -- mainly because I wanted to shake her and shout, "Don't be so stupid!" Note to self: try to actually review this later.
April
Jan 24, 2013 April rated it liked it
Pretty good read. I did not enjoy some of the stereotyping, but otherwise found it an interesting, light mystery.
Julie Davis
May 02, 2011 Julie Davis rated it liked it
Definitely a more developed story than the first in the series, Death in the Choir. A full review to come.
Fonch
Fonch marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2016
charyn c weaver
charyn c weaver rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Janine
Janine marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2015
Judah
Judah marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2015
Jaime
Jaime marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
Betsy Hovland
Betsy Hovland marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
karen frable
karen frable rated it liked it
May 20, 2015
Alexis C. Swoboda
Alexis C. Swoboda marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Naomi Young
Naomi Young marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Patrick
Patrick marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Elaine
Elaine rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Bernadette Porter
Bernadette Porter marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Angela Chandler
Angela Chandler rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Rachelle
Rachelle rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2014
Patti
Patti rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2014
James Clauer
James Clauer rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Lorraine V. (for Viscardi) Murray grew up in Miami. She graduated from the University of Florida with graduate degrees in English and philosophy and then taught both subjects in college for many years. In her forties she finally got serious about pursuing her dream of writing and left teaching to become a free-lance writer. Today she is a columnist with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Lorraine li
More about Lorraine V. Murray...