Start by marking “44 Cranberry Point” as Want to Read:
44 Cranberry Point

44 Cranberry Point (Cedar Cove #4)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  8,354 ratings  ·  282 reviews
Dear Reader,

I love living in Cedar Cove, but things haven't been the same since a man died at our B and B. Turns out his name was Max Russell, and Bob had known him briefly in Vietnam. We still don't have any idea why he came here and--most important of all--who killed him. Because it now appears that he was poisoned. I sure hope somebody figures it out soon!

Not that we're
Published September 1st 2010 by Mira Books (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about 44 Cranberry Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 44 Cranberry Point

This one was a bit more slow moving than the previous installments but it never moved into 'boring' territory for me. There was enough momentum with each story arc to keep everything going and we get answers to the mysterious man at the Thyme and Tide.

A few times I did want to shake these people... Ian's feelings and Jon's were understandable and I don't blame Olivia's brother for wanting to be careful.

Some of the 'conflict', while making sense of a sort for each situation, felt off to me. I kno
"44 Cranberry Point", the fourth book in Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove series, focuses mainly on solving the mystery of the man who died while staying at Bob and Peggy Beldon's Bed and Breakfast. Cedar Cove in general is excited about a "dog and bachelor" auction fundraiser, but several of the residents also have other things on their mind. Jon Bowman and Maryellen Sherman are in love and have a child, but disagree about Jon's relationship with his parents. Grace Sherman is still dealing with the ...more
44 Cranberry Point is the fourth novel in the Cedar Cove series by Debbie Macomber. Olivia and Grace and all our favourite locals in Cedar Cove make an appearance. Olivia returns from her honeymoon with Jack and tries to adjust to married life. Grace goes all out to win back Cliff Harding after having lost his trust. Maryellen and Jon tie the knot, and there’s another surprise wedding….. The mystery of the man who died at the Thyme and Tide B&B is finally solved, but another mystery, this ti ...more
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
Not much really happened in this book. We did find out at the very end who killed the man in the B&B, but that's about it. Otherwise it felt like no big revelations in the book, just setting stuff up for the next one... like Cecilia's pregnant again and Roy is getting mysterious messages. Very little of Charlotte in this one. So far, this book was the least interesting of the series. Everything was familiar, it just moved so slowly and felt like nothing really was happening. The bachelor auc ...more
I don't know why I keep reading this series, probably because every book leaves you hanging so I have to keep reading the next to find out what happens.
Nothing really happened in this book and it focused on most of the characters that I don't really like.
It seems like the people in this town are oblivious to everything and everybody around them, until something is spelled out for them. And every married character wants to end their marriage as soon as they have a fight with their spouse.
I really enjoy it when an author surprises me with a conclusion of a situation in a book. Got two with this one. I am really enjoying this series and would HIGHLY recommend not reading out of order.

No typos/editing issues noted.

Katie (It's Time to Read) Leversuch

Peggy Beldon
Thyme and Tide B and B
44 Cranberry Point
Cedar Cove, Washington

Dear Reader,

I love living in Cedar Cove, but things haven't been the same since a man died in our B and B. Turns out his name was Max Russell, and Bob had known him briefly in Vietnam.We still don't have any idea why he came here and--most important of all--who killed him. Because it now appears that he was poisoned. I sure hope somebody figures it out soon!

Not that we're providing the only news in Cedar Co
This is the 4th book in the Cedar Cove series. I enjoyed learning more about the lives of the inhabitants of Cedar Cove. The 3rd book left the cliff hanger of who killed Maxwell Russell. I am glad we finally find out at the end of this book who it was. I was quite surprised by it. I didn't see it coming even though I should have. I just wish it didn't take the whole book to find out. This book is leaving us with more cliff hangers. I think the most strangest and exciting one is going to be why a ...more

I have read all the books in this series up to this point and a few things are very clear:

1. None of Macomber's characters have a clue how to talk to each other. In this book, we're treated to marital troubles between Olivia/Jack, Mary Ellen/John, and Ian/Cecilia. All of the troubles presented could have easily been solved with a little communication between the characters. It'
Jonel Boyko
This novel was like a warm hug in the arms of a good friend. There is a natural flow to this story that mirrors the way that life happens. It really gives you the full impact of the tales that Macomber tells. She combines the sweetness of some of the best parts of life, with the heartache of the worst. Everything is so real and alive that you can’t help but become a part of it, rather than simply a passive observer.

I love how you feel like part of the town while reading this novel. Macomber’s ch
Olivia Lockhart, Grace Sherman and their family and friends are back in this fourth installment of the Cedar Cove series. 44 Cranberry Point picks up where 311 Pelican Court ended. Bob and Peggy Beldon find themselves in the middle of a murder investigation and are shocked when they learn the killer’s identity and the motive for the murder.

Ms. Macomber continues the stories of the popular characters: Olivia and her mother, Charlotte, Grace and her daughters, Jack Griffin and Cliff Harding. New c
Book 4 in the Cedar Cove series focuses on Bob and Peggy Beldon, owners of the Thyme & Tide B&B. After Bob's Vietnam buddy is found dead in one of their guest rooms, the Beldon's are worried about Bob's safety. They don't know who killed Max (the war Vet) and aren't sure if an incident that happened long ago in the military has come back to haunt him. When Max's distraught daughter arrives on their doorstop searching for shelter answers, Peggy welcomes her and they try to solve the myst ...more
Michelle Burgard

Totally in love with this series. Macomber is amazing with how she weaves these stories together. The silly moments, sad ones, and anxious ones fill the pages as the lives of the Cedar Cove residents are spilled before us.
44 Cranberry Point is where Peggy and Bob Beldon live. They have a bed and breakfast called Thyme and Tide. They had a gentleman appear on a stormy night to spend the night in one of the rooms. Bob felt he seemed familiar but gave no further thought to it. The man said he would have information filled out by morning for Peggy. The next morning when the man did not get out of bed or leave his room, the Beldon unlocked the door and found him dead. A mystery ensued as to who this man was and why he ...more
Trish (trishie7)
it seems like everyone in this town gets pregnant so easily! i'm surprised olivia or grace did not get pregnant as well.

also in the past books it's the same pattern -- date, get pregnant, break up, have the baby and reconcile and get married. nothing wrong with that but it is getting predictable.

the main characters are still enjoyable to read and keep up with. the new character hannah, was a little frustrating to read, as she was portrayed as being so timid and scared.

i like the mystery in the
Jeanine Lent
44 Cranberry Point is the 4th book in the Cedar Cove series. I loved this book, but that is exactly what I expected with a book by Debbie Macomber. There are many different characters, but not so many that it becomes confusing. The chapters switch from one person to another, so that the end of each chapter is a bit of a cliffhanger, leaving you in suspense, eager to find out what happens next. The home of 44 Cranberry Point belongs to Peggy & Bob Beldon, the owners of the Thyme and Tide bed ...more
Katie B-K
This series continues to be marginally interesting and somewhat politically problematic. I enjoy finding out what happens to the characters and I like most of them, but the fact that the story lines are both repetitive between books such that sometimes nothing much happens and also that there are so many story lines that each one is thin is frustrating at best.
Peg Schwarz
Cedar Cove #4

I love living in Cedar Cove, but things haven't been the same since a man died at our B and B. Turns out his name was Max Russell, and Bob had known him briefly in Vietnam.We still don't have any idea why he came here and—most important of all—who killed him. Because it now appears that he was poisoned. I sure hope somebody figures it out soon!

Not that we're providing the only news in Cedar Cove these days. I heard that Jon Bowman and Maryellen Sherman are getting married. And Mary
I just seems that I can not get enough of this series. At the end of every book you are left wondering what will happen next. It is more mystery than romance but I still like it. On to the next for me.
Having seen Cedar Cove, the television series on the Hallmark channel, I was curious to see if the books were similar. I have found, as is often the case, that the books are better and more in-depth than the show. While the reader will recognize characters from the television series, the storylines differ, especially after the first two books. The Cedar Cove series focuses on a situation happening with the main characters living at the specified address of each book, while intertwining storyline ...more
Loved this book and didn't guess the murderer until just before it was announced in the book. Now on to book 5
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: A Cedar Cove Novel
Category: Contemporary Romance
My mother-in-law gave me a couple of bags of books, and this was one of them. It's not really something I would have picked for myself (I don't normally read a lot of romance novels), but if someone gives me a book, I'm going to read it.

When I realized it was part of a series, I was concerned that I would be lost, but the author seemed to include enough back-story to mostly understand what was going on.

There were a lot of different story lines that were started in a previous book and it was some
Once again I've enjoyed this series as it continues. This book is about Peggy and Bob Beldon who live @ 44 Cranberry Point. In the previous book we were left kind of hanging about who may of killed the man that died in the Beldon's bed and breakfast. In this book they finally revealed who the killer was, and it was kind of a shock to be honest. Other then that, you learn more and more about the citizens in Cedar Cove and their day to day issues and such. We see how Olivia and Jack are trying to ...more
*originally posted at*

Again I really liked the relax feeling of Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove series. I listened to this book during Dewey's read-a-thon and it was a nice break for the other books I was reading. I still think 204 Rosewood Lane has been my favorite Cedar Cove books so far, but this one was very interesting.

The person who ended up killing Max Russell was very unlikely and I liked the fact that Debbie Macomber kept me guessing. I also liked t
CD/abridged audio: What a disappointment. Did Ms. Macomber phone this story into her publisher?

First, let me say that I've listened to some of the Blossom Street series out of order and I liked it.

It is flat. The characters are one-dimensional. The plot line of pregnancy overlaps between too many characters. Either they are trying to get pregnant, secretly pregnant, miscarrying, or tricking their husbands to get them pregnant. With the characters having such common names and there being too ma
44 Cranberry Point is the 4th book of the Cedar Cove series by Debbie Macomber. Cedar Cove is a fictional small town in the Northwest US. Each book of the series brings us a continuing saga of the relationships between the families who live there, stories of conflict and resolution.

The helpful Cast of Characters in the opening pages refreshed my memory of the main stories from the first 3 books. Looks like all the characters are back, continuing on with their lives and encountering new challenge
Although not as bad as Nora Roberts' domineering males, Macomber's know-it-all women are irritating.

Grace finally gets Cliff to forgive her, but at no time has she experienced a "revelation" about her feelings. Right from the beginning it's been "comfortable" and he is "kind and considerate". She claims to love Will and then suddenly loves Cliff, but without the requesite "she didn't know how much she loved until it was gone." It almost felt as though Cliff is simply her fall back guy.
This address is for the Thyme and Tide B&B belonging to Peggy and Bob Beldon. One of his ex Vietnam vet buddies died in their B&B and it appeared to be murder. He had not recognized him because of the plastic surgery he had from being burned in a fire. Now, the police believe Bob may be in danger and suggest that he and Peggy leave town until it clears up. Not happy with that suggestion, Bob and Peggy agree to close the B&B until the murderer is caught or the authorities believe them ...more
  • Home in Carolina (The Sweet Magnolias #5)
  • Forbidden Falls (Virgin River, #9)
  • Lakeshore Christmas (Lakeshore Chronicles, #6)
  • Heartache Falls (Eternity Springs, #3)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

Cedar Cove (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1)
  • 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2)
  • 311 Pelican Court (Cedar Cove, #3)
  • 50 Harbor Street (Cedar Cove, #5)
  • 6 Rainier Drive (Cedar Cove, #6)
  • 74 Seaside Avenue (Cedar Cove, #7)
  • 8 Sandpiper Way (Cedar Cove, #8)
  • 92 Pacific Boulevard (Cedar Cove, #9)
  • 1022 Evergreen Place (Cedar Cove, #10)
  • 1105 Yakima Street (Cedar Cove, #11)