Start by marking “MPD Psycho, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
MPD Psycho, Volume 2

MPD Psycho, Volume 2 (MPD Psycho #2)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  381 ratings  ·  14 reviews
A wave of grisly, imaginative schoolgirl suicides hits Tokyo! Investigating the scenes of these deaths, Amamiya and the characters of the Isono Criminal Research Lab come across a new villain who knows about a key event from Amamiya's past. What does the white-haired Zenitsu have to do with the suicides?
Published September 11th 2007 by Dark Horse Comics (first published March 1993)

To ask other readers questions about MPD Psycho, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about MPD Psycho, Volume 2

Nick
Overall Rating: B+
Summary: MPD Psycho is a psychological horror series written by Eiji Otsuka and illustrated by Shou Tajima, which follows Yousuke Kobayashi a former police detective. The series opens with Kobayashi tracking down a serial killer who severs the limbs off his victims. Meanwhile, Kobayashi is suffering from strange dreams where he sees himself killing people. After seeing Kobayashi on tv, the serial killer kidnaps his girlfriend, and severs her limbs, but keeps her alive.

After Kob
Charles
Arwena

Les âmes sensibles s'abstenir. Si vous l'empruntez dans une bibliothèque ou dans une médiathèque avec du personnel compétent ou au moins sachant lire, vous vous ferez catalogué/e/s. Pour bien faire passer la pilule qu'est l'emprunt, faites un beau sourire et insistez sans être trop lourd. La bibliothécaire a presque voulu garder l'exemplaire et m'a regarder avec un de ces airs qui "encore un/e taré/e". Pour les non-initiés à la culture japonaise,les pas-au-courant ou les mal informés, une partie...more
Baal Of
The story is starting to develop, with some more glimpses into the main character's past. It's kind of difficult to keep track of all his personalities, and I feel like I need to create myself a cheat sheet to reference while reading.
Andrew
It's been too long since I've read volume 1 but there's not too much to forget regarding this series. It's comprised of unsettling murders. The premise is simple. While trying to solve a grusome murder, a cop discovers that he has multiple personalities. This begins a horrific game uncovering a conspiracy of more unsettling and graphic murders, suicides, and other macabre events.

This manga has a dual nature. It can be both very uninteresting and engaging to read at times. To me, it's too much s...more
Steven Shroyer
The mystery deepens and the gore splatters everywhere in this second volume. I remember reading this during winter break in 2008 alongside volumes 3 and 4 and remember being floored by all of them. This is not some kind of Manga for teens or wannabe otaku(AKA Weeaboos) this is a mature manga that treats the readers as adults and takes them on a ride that lets them wrap their brains around the mystery while covering them with a sense of dread that barely dissipates when the last page is turned.
Gabriel
And now, the story picks up.

The thread and main mystery are truly introduced and expanded on in this volume. We are introduced to an interesting villain, the barcode connection becomes more prominent, and things just make more sense. Here we are introduced to a couple of other personalities hiding within our main character, but they don't feel forced or excessive. This is what I was looking for when I read volume 1 a while back. So glad I continued with the series!
Tina
Sep 15, 2008 Tina rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Much better than Vol 1 - though I didn't particularly care for the amount of 'female death' in this collection. It's as if the male cases are glossed over with a mention or morgue photo, but the female deaths are detailed and extend well past two pages. We get it, the Japanese mook you're serialized in loves dead bloody chicks, get on with it! LOL. It does save itself by giving more hints about Amamiya's past, and we meet another personality. Yum.
Lord
I hate to say it but this series is mediocre (at least untill now). I think the artwork is lame and the story reminds me of Gacha Gacha. Really, it's also about a person with multiple personalities but Gacha Gacha is more fun plus funservice minus gore. And what's probably the biggest drawback of MPD Psycho that I absolutely don't care about the characters. They all can just die. I don't care.
Titis Wardhana
More killings...

cewek2 SMP banyak yang bunuh diri dan ternyata mereka semua memiliki kesamaan yang hanya disadari oleh Amamiya
Russell Grant
While still episodic, but with more back ground being woven in. Not as sensational as the first volume, but certainly more satisfying.
Brian Engelhardt
Inspiration for the outstanding Japanese mini-series MPD Psycho. Sick, twisted and exactly what I was looking for.
Katrin
Awesome...blood, gore, hot psycho dude..what can be better? MORE HOT PSYCHO DUDES!
Giedrius Jočbalis
Giedrius Jočbalis marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Saya Kji
Saya Kji marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Lightfae
Lightfae marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Mckinley
Mckinley marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Amy
Amy added it
Sep 27, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Tyran
Tyran marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
John
John added it
Sep 06, 2014
  • Berserk, Vol. 30
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 10 (Deadman Wonderland, #10)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 2 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #2)
  • Gantz/12
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 14 (Battle Royale, #14)
大塚 英志

Social anthropologist and novelist. Graduated from college with degree in anthropology, women's folklore, human sacrifice and post-war manga. In addition to his work with manga he is a critic, essayist, and author of several successful non-fiction books on Japanese popular and “otaku” sub-cultures. One of his first animation script works was Maho no Rouge Lipstick, an adult lolicon OVA. Otsuk...more
More about Eiji Otsuka...
The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service 1 (The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, #1) MPD Psycho, Volume 1 The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 2 The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 3 The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 4