Argentina (Country Guide) (Spanish Edition)

Argentina (Country Guide) (Lonely Planet Country Guide)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Spanish language edition of Lonely Planet's Country Guide to Argentina
Published (first published August 1992)

Rama
Last Tango in Argentina

Certain things are uniquely Argentinean; the seductive tango, soccer mania, or the dulce de leche (milk caramel) that is widely used in cooked food. Argentina offers a wide variety of attractions for tourists to enjoy; the best Argentinean wines, unique food, and nightlife in Buenos Aires, hiking, mountaineering and skiing. Walking in front of Mount Fitz Roy in Patagonia's Parque Nacional Los Glaciares is breath-taking: Snow-covered Mountains with blue sky in the backgroun...more
Melissa
[2010.10.16] Used 2008 6th Edition to plan the Argentina portion of our Fall 2010 South America trip (approx 10 days in Argentina). Bought and printed out parts of the e-book pdf version of the 2010 7th Edition to bring with us. Sections used: Buenos Aires, Iguazu, Uruguay. For these sections, this book is one of the better ones out of all the LP books we've used. Can't say much about the accommodations because the places we stayed at were not from the book. Information about getting around, nei...more
Milan/zzz
I have found this guide surprisingly helpful. I say "surprisingly" because I usually combine two guides when traveling. But this time LP was more than sufficient and not only that, it was way better than everything else I had (and I had a lot of material). The only thing are prices but they stated at the beginning this might be a problem because of never-stopping inflation in Argentina (some prices are doubled and I was traveling only 5 months after this edition is published).
Really good guide!
Mark
The organization of the content made things a snap to find. However, it doesn't have as much information as the Rough Guide, which I would recommend. Both on a trip is perfect because they compliment each other well, but if you take one I'd suggest the RG simply due to its massive wealth of information. Note that prices in the book are already outdated (much lower than what you'll find) due to Argentina's economic recovery.
Tamara
Our edition was from 2005, but the prices ran about 2 or 3 times what the guide listed for the most part. It was outright wrong about Argentina not observing daylight savings time. Temporal anomalies anyone?

It's intended to be a guide, not a rule book anyway.

The answer to everything seemed to be mostly, "Maybe in Buenos Aries." The people are friendly. We saw some amazing sights. The maps helped out for sure.
Joy
in Argentina, almost every tourist is carrying this book. This means that you run into LP tourists in almost every place you go suggested by the book!
That said, the book was helpful for planning my 3 week vacation. All the descriptions made everything sound so great - it was sometimes difficult to choose one place over another. THis is the 2005 edition, most prices have doubled since then (now - 2007).
J
Next stop, Argentine.
Don't cry for me, Argentina. LP always handy for a leg up. Not the only resource though but good enough for the starting leg. I usually mix and match WWW resources, Rough Guide and LP depending on the country and my mood. This is another solid LP offering - recommended for your trip and can't wait to put it into action.
Ariadna73
I liked the maps of the cities; and the recommendations of not going where there is nothing to look for. I felt as though I were there already. Even the food I could taste! Great book!
Sean
Armchair traveling to Argentina is pretty fun with this book in hand. Now I need to go real traveling to Argentina...
Alex Davidov
Very helpful, but so outdated. Some of the hostels listed there don't even exist anymore (7th edition).
Sharlene
not really sure one can finish a guide book, but i'm done with it until my next trip. :)
Tamara
Great guide - relied on it heavily when travelling through the country.
Theut
Utilissima, come tutte le lonely planet, per preparare un viaggio :)
Marcus
Jul 15, 2008 Marcus rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lindsay Barna
I took a look at this one and I think we will use it in March!
Lucy
CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jan
oh boy, oh boy! let me at 'em!
Carly
Jan 08, 2008 Carly is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Whooo hoooo!
Rita
Great resource before and during my amazing Argentinian adventure. Hotel and restaurant recs were dead-on.
Danielle Leighton
Danielle Leighton marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Diane
Diane added it
Jun 09, 2014
Nuno Coelho
Nuno Coelho marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
South America on a Shoestring Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands Pacific Northwest Trips Guatemala, Belize and Yucatan Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks