Heart of the Sea

Heart of the Sea (Gallaghers of Ardmore #3)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  17,779 ratings  ·  349 reviews
Nora Roberts brings her acclaimed Irish trilogy to a close with this tale of a woman whose dreams of riches lead her to the heart's greatest treasure.
Published December 1st 2000 by Jove Books (first published January 1st 2000)

Maria
I loved the continuity of this series. Seeing the aftermath of Jewels of the Sun and Tears of the Moon. It was a bit like Jude and Aidan and Brenna and Shawn's stories were continued and I, as the reader, got to know them a bit better than I had before.

I liked this series because it was… practical. I've never met a character with a materialistic streak in romance, and it was very refreshing. And seeing how Trevor kept offering her jewels and opportunities because he thought it might keep her wit...more
Penny Watson
In spite of the fact that I loved Jewels of the Sun, and enjoyed Tears of the Moon, I am now officially off the Nora bandwagon. Heart of the Sea was not a great ending to this trilogy. First of all, I can't imagine something less romantic than two folks making a business-like agreement about their sexual relationship. Yuck! This takes place at the beginning of the story, and I realize that it was consistent with their characters, but still....not romantic, and a bad place to start. I also had a...more
Lydia Perversius
Jacob Proffitt
This is the final book of the Gallaghers series and it's a good wrap up. Darcy knows exactly what she wants in a man, chief of which is wealth. She is unashamedly materialistic and self-interested and knows what she wants and, more importantly, why—which has made Trevor Magee an obvious target since he showed up off-screen in book 1.

Interestingly, Roberts chose to make Trevor a near cookie-cutter image of Darcy rather than a complement to her. He's materialistic and self-interested as well, and...more
LaFleurBleue
Darcy, of the flamboyant personality, volatile temper, sharp tongue and of the assumed mercenary interests, was a challenge. How to have her remain true to her character without making her totally unlikable or even despicable?
Surprisingly she was handed on a silver plater the man of her dreams, beautiful, rich and richer, and able to support her in her lifestyle dream. I really liked how she realized progressively how her former expectations were wrong and definitely not enough to make her happy...more
Bridget
I am not going to review every Nora Roberts book that I have read in the past because she is quite prolific and it would get redundant and I honestly cannot remember all the plots. I think someone finds someone else attractive but at least one cannot admit it so there is sexual tension, then lots of sex, and then they live happily ever after? Sometimes there is some magic , a family legacy, or a mystery. Certainly not great works of literature (however still 100% better than “the grapes of wrath...more
❀ Mary ❀
Ok, I decided to give this one another try and I read it again, because the last time I read it really fast. Anyway, I still consider this last one book of the Irish Trilogy not my favourite. It was hard to simpatize with Darcy and much difficult with Trevor. I still consider the ending is perfect, when finally Lady Gwen and Carrick end up together.

Now that I've read the 3 books I have to admit that the second one (Tears of the Moon) is definetely my favorite. The first one (Jewels of the Sun) i...more
Stacy
This final installment in Roberts's faerie tale trilogy returns readers to Ardmore, Ireland, where the Gallagher family's pub is the heart of the community. Passionate and beautiful, Darcy Gallagher works as a waitress in the family pub while looking for a way to achieve the glamorous lifestyle to which she would like to become accustomed. Enter wealthy American builder Trevor Magee, whose Irish roots have drawn him back to the childhood home of his grandfather to build a theater. As Darcy and T...more
Nicholas Whyte

the happily predestined couple fall in love at first sight (on page 24) and spend the book struggling only with each other's personalities (and their own) and exploring the troubling possibility that the family ghosts are pushing them together before deciding to ignore it. Every other character (ghosts included) wishes them well, so there is no external factor to make things interesting. The anthropologist-turned-barmaid from the first book gives birth at...more
Kate
I finished this book yesterday afternoon but was feeling way too lazy to update! I really liked this series, and the last book was definitely a treat. Trevor Magee, as gruff alpha-male, was fun to read, especially with Darcy throwing things at him!

I just wish that we could have seen more of Trevor/Darcy and Carrick/Gwen in the end, when things finally came together. Even more of Shawn & Brianna, and Aidan and Jude, with their new baby! I love the journey, to see how people work things out to...more
Duncan Mandel

The breathtaking conclusion to the New York Times bestselling trilogy that began with Jewels of the Sun and Tears of the Moon...

Darcy Gallagher has always believed in the pull of fate, the magic of legend... and the importance of money. She longs to find a rich man who will sweep her away - into a world filled with glamour and adventure, and the exotic life that is her destiny...

A wealthy businessman with Irish blood, Trevor Magee has come to Ardmore to build a theater - and uncover the secrets

Elena
2.5*

This is the third and final installment of the Ardmore trilogy. Darcy has always dreamed of riches and her dreams are about to come true when rich man, Trevor Magee, comes to her little village...

I was actually looking forward to this book, thinking it will be much better than the previous two - because of the unusual female character. Darcy has been described as extremely shallow and materialistic in the previous two books, so i kept wondering how the author would redeem her in this one -...more
Rosie Amber
I am a fan or Nora Roberts books, and tend to gobble them up when I get the chance. This was no different, the third in The Irish Trilogy series. I have not had the pleasure of reading the first two, this book can be read alone or as part of the series.

Trevor Magee is building a theatre at the back of the Gallagher pub in a tiny Irish Village. He's come to find his roots and unknowingly the answers to his dreams. He finds he's come to build more than a stone structure.

Darcy Gallagher runs the pu...more
Café Com Livros
Simplesmente amei esta trilogia. Os livros foram lidos quase de uma vez. A trama, a narrativa, a concepção e apresentação das personagens está tão bem feita que andei pelos cantos a suspirar pelas terras da Irlanda e pela magia que elas nos transmite.

Opinião completa em: http://bookscoffee21.blogspot.pt/
Zwart Raafje
Darcy weet wat ze wil en ze is daar, dat kunnen de klanten van Gallagher's pub zeker bevestigen, altijd heel eerlijk in geweest. Net als haar broer Aidan voelt ze steeds meer de drang om te reizen. Geen trektocht met een zwaar beladen rugzak zoals haar oudere broer, wel een luxeleven op verplaatsing. Ze wil steden zien, winkelketens ontdekken, ontwerperskleding dragen, … Een man die haar kan helpen om dit te verwezenlijken én er ook nog eens knap uitziet, heeft zeker een voetje voor.

Wanneer Trev...more
Marissa  Pineda
I get that romance novels are supposed to be light and fun, but I'm absolutely amazed that someone can right such flat, two dimensional fiction and make millions. And I'm even more amazed that people read and buy this crap.
Anuja
Initially I did not like the character of Darcy at all. I found her too greedy and materialistic and every time she would talk about riches and extravagant stuff, my reluctance to read further would increase and that's why it took me so long to finish reading this book. It is very rare that the main character has annoyed me to the extent that I wanted to stop reading the book. But being a Nora Roberts fan and a die hard romantic, I couldn't just stop reading the book without knowing how the stor...more
Roberta
Prolific Nora Roberts. Has she written 1000 yet?? I think so. This is a fluffy relaxing romance. Pretty formulaic - girl meets boy...not before meeting ghost though. The attraction is instant and powerful but it's not sensible for a straight-laced female to give in.
How fortunate she inherited the haunted cottage in Ireland so she can find herself & her fated love. Also good fortune that the Prince of Faeries gives her an extraordinary diamond - which ultimately is used in accordance of the...more
Carrie
What a sweet ending to a very good Trilogy. You just can't go wrong with Nora Roberts.
Kaelee Newton
I don't know what it is about Nora Roberts and trilogies. This is the 3rd of hers I've finished and the 3rd time the final book left me wanting.

Darcy Gallagher has always dreamed of fortune and the glamor of places not Ardmore along with a man to show her all that and more. Trevor Magee has the fortune and the travel budget. Together they have the passion but can they bridge the divide and understand they also have the love?

Given that this is a romance I'm sure we all know the answer to the que...more
Patti
I was eager to begin #3 in the Irish trilogy, “Heart of the Sea”, as soon as I finished #2. Yes, absolutely read them in order! The order is important to the mortal characters, and also the progression of fate for faerie Prince, Carrick, and his lost love, Lady Gwen. She has wandered the hills and shores of Ireland for three centuries hoping to be reunited with him – her true love.

Heart of the Sea follows the third and last couple that must find true love and break the spell. In this final episo...more
Shannon (Twilight Sleep)
I am NOT a big romance fan...but I am a big fan of most things Celtic. I actually read this series a while back - I discovered them in the Honor section of my local library and when I realized the plots took place in Ireland, I decided to borrow them. Like I said, I'm not a big fan of romantic novels, but I have read enough of them to be able to say that this is the only series of the genre that has really stuck with me (except maybe the Three Sisters Island trilogy by the same author). Roberts...more
Allison (The Allure of Books)
I don’t believe in “guilty pleasure” reading because: hello, I don’t feel guilty about anything I read. But I bet anyone that uses the term frequently would definitely say The Irish Trilogy by Nora Roberts classifies…

Seriously you guys, I have reread these books so. many. times. Mostly when I was in high school, but still. They are constant fall-back comfort reads to this day.

Jewels of the Sun brings Jude Murray to Ireland. She is recently divorced and in need of a break from her life. She certa...more
I think I liked this one even more than the last one, shockingly.

I kept waiting on materialistic and self-absorbed Darcy to get on my nerves. But she didn't. This book shows a lot more of her more sensitive side. She cares so much about her family and friends.

Trevor is a very likable character too. He is rich and sophisticated while still willing to get down to the dirty work of the job and appreciate the simpler things in life. I was worried he'd come across as a little snooty. He did irritate...more
Valerie
In the last book of the Gallaghers' trilogy, it's Darcy Gallagher's turn to fall in love with Trevor Magee, the Yank building the theather. But neither of them thinks they can or will fall in love.
Their love story is the last step to breaking the spell that's separated Prince Carrick and Lady Gwen, so I couldn't wait to get into the story and see it finally broken.

Darcy's someone I've always liked since the first book and I liked her here as well. It was nice to see she has a vulnerable side to...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
Heart of the Sea is book #3 in Nora Robert’s Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy and what a fantastic and fabulous conclusion it is.

Synopsis: Darcy Gallagher has always believed in the pull of fate, the magic of legend...and the importance of money. She longs to find a rich man who will sweep her away--into a world filled with glamour and adventure, and the exotic life that is her destiny...
A wealthy businessman with Irish blood, Trevor Magee has come to Ardmore to build a theater--and uncover the s...more
Jazzypom
Darcy Gallagher has a yen, no, make that many yens: To travel, to live the high life and to find a man that can make this happen. In the meanwhile, she's content to make a living at the bar with her brothers, Aiden and Shaun. Oh, she's NR's female prototype no. 3 - the fussy, girly type, but it works for her, because Darcy is admittedly selfish, materialistic and wears that ambition, like a certain sort of woman wears pearls and a twin set.

Trevor Macgee comes on the scene. He's a rich yank comin...more
kari
This third installment in the Irish Trilogy is okay, nothing spectacular. I have trouble enjoying it when the female is so full of her own perfection that she can't imagine ever being in love because no one will ever be good enough for her. That takes the fun out of the story. I didn't find Darcy very easy to like. Probably her only good quality is her fierce loyalty to her brothers but other than that, she seems very superficial and her growth in the final pages was too little too late for me.
I...more
Corie
I am probably being generous with 3 stars, but mainly as a whole I liked the series. But in the end, it took me forever to get through this last of the 3 Irish Trilogy Books I'm sad to say. I had to force myself to finish it. Having read the first two, I felt I owed it to myself to finish the series, but it was a struggle.

The dialogue seemed so unnatural it was hard to read and concentrate. By the 3rd book, hello, I get that we're in Ireland and the Irish talk different than Americans, but every...more
  • Bump in the Night (includes In Death, #22.5)
  • Always Dakota (Dakota, #3)
  • To Catch a Cheat
  • Eclipse Bay (Eclipse Bay Trilogy, # 1)
  • Forever and Always (Forever, #2)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her...more
More about Nora Roberts...

“We all look. The lucky find.” 103 likes