Start by marking “The Fat Smash Diet: The Last Diet You'll Ever Need” as Want to Read:
The Fat Smash Diet: The Last Diet You'll Ever Need

The Fat Smash Diet: The Last Diet You'll Ever Need

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  161 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Dr. Smith's diet has been featured on VH1's number-one rated show, Celebrity Fit Club, where Hollywood celebrities follow his customized diet plan and compete to lose weight. Now, with The Fat Smash Diet, everyone will have access to the revolutionary eating plan that leads to lifestyle changes and permanent weight loss forever.
The Fat Smash Diet is not a gimmick or short...more
Published April 4th 2006 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Fat Smash Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fat Smash Diet

Sarah Pearlman
I try to live by this book. I stray here and there, but I always return. I have read and done lots of research of different nutritional diets, and this one by far is the best one to live by. It has you concentrate your diet to be mainly veggies and fruit. Even though I mostly try to live by this book, at least once a year I read it again and go though the whole detox process. I am on phase 2 right now!! Love it, love it, love it!! Do it for your health and not to loose weight!
Abby
This book was a quick read at only 155 pages and the second half being recipes. It's a four phase diet plan that starts with a 9 day cleanse. My only issues with the book is in the final phase, the life long phase, he allows soda. I personally feel that after doing a 9 day cleanse I would want my maintainace to be a clean diet of no white sugar or flour. Nice recipe ideas!
Tabby Kat
I lost 9 pounds the 1st week with the diet but it was very strict and a bit hard to follow and the pounds come back as soon as you eat normal foods again.
Ruth
Dr. Smith encourages eating more fruits & vegetables. It has different phases. It seems pretty reasonable and flexible.
Kathleen Basi
Disclaimer: I only skimmed this, because I was curious to see what the diet was. It would definitely work, if you can stick to it. The trouble is I don't think most people can stick to it. Not over the long term. A long-term plan requires a permanent change across the board, and for the vast majority of people it has to involve eating a normal, healthy, balanced diet in which portions are smaller and less-healthy foods are allowed in moderation. Anything else is not sustainable over the long-ter...more
Leslie Frazier
It works for the short term but it's not the picture of health. Never be fat again is way better than any diet book out there. (So far)
Helene
Decent book/diet about limiting portions (making big, unhealthy portions into smaller, healthier ones), eating fruits and vegetables and lean protein, and other tips.

There are four phases to the diet, and each one adds on to the previous one. I have enjoyed going through the phases and eating the foods on the lists; however, I find it a little frustrating that there are some "forbidden" foods we are not allowed to eat. I find this aspect unrealistic since most people cannot go without certain t...more
Crystal Laine
The first 10 days are a little difficult, as you are learning new habits, eliminating various types of food. Once past that, it is not only easy to follow, but I felt great, was encouraged by my progress and once done, I felt empowered that I could go back to any stage and regain control. Really felt it was healthy and doable.
Daija
I've done the diet before and it works! The first phase, Detox is pretty hard but you gotta stay determined. I try to live by this book and revisit it a few times. I'm about to start the phase back up again to jumpstart my metabolism and just get back into the groove of things. The diet is definitely worth a try!
Cory
This literally took me about 30 minutes to read, and I would actually consider buying it in paperback. Granted, some of the information confused me a bit, but I think that's because I'm a bit dense. All in all, this seems like something that would be easy to follow, and some of the recipes sounded really good.
Michelle
Sep 26, 2007 Michelle rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone trying to change their eating habits
This book is profiled on the television program Celebrity Fit Club. This book is a wonderful way to implement a healthy lifestyle without counting points or calories. It basically teaches you to make healthy food choices and exercise. It has been a life altering find for me :)
Dayini
A very good book overall. I would have rated this 4 stars if it didn't discourage weight/resistance training. Resistance training is too important to lifelong health, mobility and independence to have been largely left out of this plan.
April
Jun 18, 2011 April added it
With this diet, one has to have A LOT of will power. I attempted this diet and was not successful. By doing this diet, I swear every commercial had protein in it, that finally one day I couldn't take it anymore and gave in to my protein!
Betsy
I did The Fat Smash Diet with some co-workers back in 2007 or so. As I recall it was ok. The recipes were simple and tasty, but just like any other "get fit fast" diet book, there wasn't anything new or fantastic that I took away from it.
Imjstgr8
Very easy to follow diet book. Some things are new but s si me were things that are pretty commin sense. However if you do this diet you have to want to lose weight & keep it off. Meaning it will take self control & some effort.
Christopher
Nov 17, 2007 Christopher rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fellow dieters
Shelves: nutrition
I am not sure that I would follow this diet completely. The detox part is hard enough. I lasted two days. It does have some great information that you can use, and incorporate into your other diet plans.
Haya S.
Even though I read it and I'm completely convinced it would work, I never tried it but hopefully, I will in the future. :) Great full and organized schedules. Let alone the 50 recipea included.
Jamie
For me this book was crazy. There is no way in this life time would I follow his diet. I need real food on a daily basis. Dont bother reading just eat everything in moderation and exercise.
Michele
Good common sense approach of diet and exercise, and a few good recipes. No fancy gimmicks or false promises. Ok, seems reasonable...let's see if this works.
Melissa Lee-tammeus
Love this diet. The easiest plan I have ever tried and it actually works. It is tough, but it gets your body clean and back on track.
Laura Needels
Seems to be a diet I could handle for a cycle anyway. Reading different diets to try to keep my body mixed up.
Angie
Loved this book! If you follow the guidelines, it WILL work!
Dorothy
Going to compare to SHRED. Something has to work.
Rebecca
Pretty good as far as diet books go.
Melissa Fowler
Yeah... good luck with that.
Charity Martin
Charity Martin is currently reading it
Sep 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Ian K. Smith, M.D., is the number one bestselling author of The Fat Smash Diet, Extreme Fat Smash Diet, The 4 Day Diet, The 4 Day Detox, Happy and EAT. He is a medical contributor on The View and The Rachael Ray Show, the diet expert on VH1’s Celebrity Fit Club, and host of the nationally syndicated radio show Healthwise on American Urban Radio Networks. He writes a medical column for Men’s Health...more
More about Ian K. Smith...
Shred: The Revolutionary Diet: 6 Weeks 4 Inches 2 Sizes Happy: Simple Steps to Get the Most Out of Life Extreme Fat Smash Diet: With More Than 75 Recipes The 4 Day Diet Super Shred: The Big Results Diet: 4 Weeks, 20 Pounds, Lose It Faster!