Start by marking “Mr. and Mistress (Silhouette Desire #1723)” as Want to Read:
Mr. and Mistress (Silhouette Desire #1723)

Mr. and Mistress (Dynasties: The Elliotts #5)

She was his kept woman...a secret lover living in Las Vegas luxury. It had been an ideal situation until Misty Vale discovered she was carrying Cullen Elliott s child.

Misty was not the type of woman a millionaire like Cullen could ever take as his wife. Her past was scandalous...his family above reproach. How could she ever tell him she was having his
Published August 23rd 2010 by Silhouette Desire (first published May 9th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. and Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. and Mistress

jenjn79 rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2008
Kendra rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2011
Pat Cromwell
Feb 25, 2009 Pat Cromwell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with Cullen and Misty is such a big hearted heroine. Of course I knew they'd have an HEA but I was anxious to find out just how wonderful it would be. Cullen and Misty live on in my mind. Corny yes, but noetheless they do.

This a an incredibly sweet love story -- a Harlequin standard i.e. Rich Boy falls for Vegas Showgirl, but it was written with such heart. It was just something about these two and the way Heidi Betts penned them that made it a truly special read. Misty reminded
Kelle rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2009
Alexis-Morgan Roark
An incredibly sweet love story. I was sort of upset she didn't pin him down with the whole: Why wasn't I good enough for you until...but that's my own jadedness coming through. This heroine is not that way.

I would suggest reading some of the other books, though, I kinda felt lost at times.
Jodi rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2010
Jun 11, 2011 Christine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: baby
I liked this book enough, but apparently, I've been in a 'we don't communicate, but just assume we know what the other person is thinking' streak.
Again, another storyline that could have been resolved quickly had the main characters just spoken with each other about the situation and their concerns/doubts.
Dec 09, 2011 Kimberly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: contemporary romance readers, romance readers of series
This is book 5 in The Elliotts series. In this book, Cullen, youngest son of divorced parents Daniel and Amanda, finds out he is to be a father in 7 months. The mother is his mistress, Misty Vale, a former Las Vegas showgirl and five years his senior. Misty kept the pregnancy secret until she faints at her dance studio that Cullen bought her when she became injured and could not longer dance. Cullen wants to get married right away and Misty rejects his offer. He does convice her to fly back to N ...more
Merve Özcan
Kay rated it it was ok
Sep 18, 2012
Dec 31, 2012 Pravana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Opening scene was hot and I thought the rest of the book would follow a similar pattern but the chemistry petered out. Call me old fashioned but books where heroines are older than the heroes just don't appeal to me
Veltria rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2013
Kelly Murphy
Kelly Murphy rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2013
Angela Kuhn
Angela Kuhn rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2013
Kaycee Sapinoso
Mr. And Mistress is the fifth book in The Elliotts continuity series, and like the first four, I also enjoyed it. This book features Cullen Elliott’s story, the youngest son of divorced parents Daniel and Amanda.

It is the best example of Rich guy falls for a Poor girl that will make you wish to experience it in real life. Haha. Am I too obvious? Oh well, I tell you, I adored Cullen in this story. He’s such a sweet guy. And this is an incredibly sweet story.

Without the knowledge of his family,
Brittany rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2013
Alexa rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2013
Missy Miranda
Missy Miranda rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2013
The plot didn't ring true. "I'm a kept woman, a mistress, but I'm not a gold-digger, so I won't marry this attentive rich guy, that I am in love with, so I don't bring him down." Misty seems full of too many rationalizations as long as taking advantage of him is private and not public. I didn't have any respect for her. I liked Cullen's persistence in going after he wanted, and I liked the age difference of the couple, but even he felt flat as a character.
May 23, 2014 Allison rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't care for the repetition of the fact that Misty didn't mind being a kept woman. It seemed to be in every chapter. As well, the one action of the grandfather seemed completely out. Of character and I didn't believe it. I was hoping for more from Heidi Betts as I love her knitting trilogy.
jR rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2014
Lisa rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2014
Oct 20, 2014 Makii rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"—Cásate conmigo, Misty. Viviremos donde tú quieras, pero por favor cásate conmigo. Por favor."

Ohhhhh Cullen
Yo a la primera vez que me lo pedia ya le decia que si...
Shreeya rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Claramente estoy leyendo la serie en desorden. No importa, la historia no me llego tanto, no se, es ciertas cosas le vi much parecido a otras historia. Me hubiera gustado que se desarrolle mas, como la historia de los padres.
Paula rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2015
Jayce rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2015
Sherry Driscoll
Sherry Driscoll rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2015
Nadia  Miranda Alves
Nadia Miranda Alves rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Beyond The Boardroom (Dynasties: The Elliotts #12)
  • The Intern Affair (Dynasties: The Elliotts #9)
  • Cause For Scandal (Dynasties: The Elliotts #3)
  • Marriage Terms (Dynasties: The Elliotts #8)
  • The Forbidden Twin (Dynasties: The Elliotts #4)
  • Heiress Beware (Dynasties: The Elliotts #6)
  • Billionaire's Proposition (Dynasties: The Elliotts #1)
  • The Ruthless Caleb Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #2)
  • Blackmailed Into the Prince's Bed
  • The Expectant Executive (Dynasties: The Elliotts #11)
  • A Night with the Rock Star (Taking Stage, #2)
  • Bought: One Bride (Wives Wanted! #1)
  • Learning to Forgive (The Sinclair Men, #3)
  • A Virgin for His Prize  (Ruthless Russians #2)
  • Taking Chloe (Vaughn, #3)
  • Breathless for the Bachelor (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Stolen Baby, #4)
  • Falling for His Proper Mistress (Dynasties: The Jarrods #2)
USA Today bestselling author Heidi Betts is the daughter of an Arabian sheik and a Las Vegas showgirl, as well as the heiress to the Chocolate is Better Than Sex Candy Company fortune. Because of this, she eats chocolate in all its many delicious forms for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and in-between snacks . . . without ever gaining an ounce on her perfect five-foot-nine, size zero figure.

Each and ev
More about Heidi Betts...

Dynasties: The Elliotts (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Billionaire's Proposition (Dynasties: The Elliotts #1)
  • Taking Care of Business (Dynasties: The Elliotts #2)
  • Cause For Scandal (Dynasties: The Elliotts #3)
  • The Forbidden Twin (Dynasties: The Elliotts #4)
  • Heiress Beware (Dynasties: The Elliotts #6)
  • Under Deepest Cover (Dynasties: The Elliotts #7)
  • Marriage Terms (Dynasties: The Elliotts #8)
  • The Intern Affair (Dynasties: The Elliotts #9)
  • Forbidden Merger (Dynasties: The Elliotts #10)
  • The Expectant Executive (Dynasties: The Elliotts #11)