Start by marking “Eclipse (Sweep, #12)” as Want to Read:
Eclipse (Sweep, #12)

Eclipse (Wicca #12)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  5,500 ratings  ·  89 reviews
Morgan knows that a dark wave of destruction is on its way. Everyone she loves is in jeopardy. So Morgan, Hunter, and a surprising new ally join together to fight a battle that will test their powers more than any of them can imagine. In this struggle of good versus evil, bright magick versus dark, who will survive to tell the tale?
Published November 20th 2008 by Speak (first published June 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Eclipse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eclipse

Rose
This book made me realize how different I'm from Morgan or Alisa. Both of the girls tell that they are not the heroine type. And it's not because I want to brag, it's actually not a very good trait. I'm a person that can think quite cleary when under pressure. That's a good trait when you've got projects at school, deadlines.
It's not a good trait in friendship. I had a clique. My best friend was like Morgan. Shy, not outspoken, still had an opinion but she barely said it. She only was a liar, s...more
Chibineko
Finally, the culmination of several story lines come into fruition. After so long in the series, I have to admit that part of me was getting impatient for this moment, when we'd finally see Morgan do battle against her blood father.

This entry in the series is narrated in two different voices- Morgan & Alisa. Morgan's blood father Ciaran is still on the loose & worse- he's managed to get rid of the watch sigil that Morgan inscribed on him. He's given Morgan an ultimatum- join him or peris...more
Nitah.falag Jackson
Awesome as book...its a must read book!!!..:)
Tresa da BookNerdette
Nairabell
Morgan Rowlands has discovered much about magick and love, but when strange events start happening Morgan isn't sure what to do. It is like a cloud of darkness is hovering over the heads of her and her friends, and soon Morgan comes to fear the worst. Putting on a brave face she tries to hide the possibility of danger but there's a problem. Alisa isn't fooled by Morgan's pretence and she too can feel the darkness surrounding them...the question is how is she able to?

This is the twelfth book in t...more
Danielle
Title: Eclipse
Author: Cate Tiernan
Series: Sweep
Published: 2002
Summary: Ciaran has put a black wave on Morgan, her loved ones and Kithic. Daniel has found a way to create a spell that he thinks will stop it.
Note: This was book 45 for 50 Book Challenge 2010, but my review did not get posted until 2011.

It had been a long time since I’d been taken back into the world of the Sweep series. At first, I wasn’t even sure this was the book in the series I needed next because it had been so long. As with t...more
Tara Day
The spellcrafting is so much more complicated in this book - when comparing it to the others or even real life. It was kind of like reading about someone going up against their greatest enemy; knowing the territory inside out, weaknesses to exploit, how to catch your opponent off guard. It was a great battle of good versus evil. The action of the scene was nice but after it was all over, the happy ending was a bit too... Anticlimactic? I didn't like the abrupt feeling of... "Holy shit, it's over...more
Mar
This was a good installment we get a little of everything. I’m glad that it was back to the present because the previous book wasn’t as great. With this new installment we now have the background information on Alisa which is great but expected. I think we were just waiting to get confirmation that she was a witch or half witch. Finally she finds out that she’s the one causing all the strange things that happen around her instead of blaming Morgan. The breakthrough she has is good and it seems l...more
Nina
Morgan and Hunter are in trouble again as Ciaran has decided to send a dark wave to Widow's Vale to destroy Morgan, her family, and her coven Kithic. Hunter's father begins to work, through Rose's Book of Shadows, to create a spell that will combat the dark wave before it destroys them.

This book pivots between Morgan's point of view and Alisa's point of view. It was interesting the way it was done and I liked it. Alisa inadvertently finds out that her mother was a witch and through Morgan finds...more
Becks
In diesem Band wird erstmals in der Reihe von zwei Personen erzählt. Einmal natürlich Morgan, die in diesem Band dem endgültigen Kamp gegen ihren leiblichen Vater entgegen steuert, und Alisa, die entdeckt, dass sie eine halbe Hexe ist und die vielen seltsamen Vorkommnisse in ihrer Nähe von ihren Kräften ausgelöst wurden.
Während man im Band davor davon erfährt, wie die 'dark wave' entstanden ist wird Morgan in diesem Band selbst von einer bedroht. Durch das Book of Shadows von Morgans Vorfahrin...more
Annette M Guerriero Nishimoto
Today's review is on Eclipse, Cate Tiernan's 12th book in the Sweep series and was a welcome reappearance of Morgan, Hunter, and their friend Alisa.

There is a dark wave heading towards Morgan and everyone she loves and all signs point to Ciaran as the witch that cast the spell. After all, he knows that Morgan put a watch sigil on him, and he wants to talk to her. Now every where she goes she's looking over her shoulder.

The approaching dark wave is causing the blood witches, Morgan, Hunter, and...more
Angela
I was waiting to read more about Hunter and Morgan but this book was pretty intense. I had always wondered about Alisa....from previous things that were written about her in the other books. It was no surprise when it was revealed that Alisa was a witch. It was interesting how she shouldn't have had any powers but instead possessed them.
Michelle
Man this Alisa girl needs to get a grip hello. She is driving me crazy. And low and behold good old dad shows up. What goes around comes around... I am hoping they share what happens to old dad and how he gets along after this book ended, I see big brother dropping him off at good old moms house lol.
Barbara ★
A couple of interesting things happen in this installment of Wicca. Ex-Kithic member Alisa surprisingly plays a large roll after a life-changing discovery. You remember, she is the one who left because she was terrified of Morgan and the magic she wields. And Morgan's biological father, Cairan MacEwan reappears and brings the Dark Wave after Morgan and Kithic when she refuses his offer.

I just realized that up to this book (#12), all the events have happened in a very short period of time. Morgan...more
Marina
perfect, again!
'Eclipse' was just so thrilling! I really really enjoy this series so so much!
(This time the story is told both through Morgan's and Alisa's perspective)
Kevin Jones
Fast-paced as usual, less repetition and lots of action from the start. Ciaran and the dark wave have a lot of impact in this one and I am wondering what is happening next in this series since things seem to be taken care of. Alisa, the half witch, seem to truly accept who she is, finally. Of course, with all the information she is able to find, Alisa understands what she is and how useful she is for Kithic and ciaran's wrath. With everything that happens in this book, Morgan, Hunter and his dad...more
Elena
Für mich das beste Buch der Reihe, das hatte richtig Drive. Nur am Ende waren sie bisschen langsam. 4,5 Sterne
Neep
Fallen for books
The story starts with Alisa Point of view and even Morgan too. It was good to know both side of the party and how another person reacts when she comes to know she was a witch. Her reaction was totally different. In this all people are facing the Dark Wave which Morgan's Carien casted so that Morgan would join his clan and its all about how Morgan and Alisa tried to defeat the dark wave from destroying Kithnic with help of Hunter and Mr Neill.
At first I didn't like Alisa much...her being very bit...more
Jan
In this book, Alisa is coming to terms with the fact that her mother was a witch and that she is 1/2 witch. She has powers and has no idea how to control them. She turns to Morgan for help but Morgan is busy. A dark wave is coming and they have to create a spell to stop it. Is there any way the untrained Alisa can help?

As I say every time, I just love this series. Despite all the chaos around them these kids have time to worry about being home on time and dealing with future stepmothers. The mag...more
Sandi
This installment is told from both Morgan's perspective and Alisa's perspective. Alisa is the youngest member of the Kithic Coven and is not sure if she still wants to be part of the coven. She discovers something about her late mom that changes her outlook. At the same time Morgan and Hunter are still battling Ciaran and trying to find a way to stop a Dark Wave.

Eclipse moved along better than the previous two books. A major event happens close to the end of the book and I am curious about the...more
Sonia
Ma che carino questo dodicesimo volume!
Accadono un po' di cose che in fondo ci eravamo già aspettate: Ciaran ritorna, Alisa scopre (finalmente) di essere anche lei una straga, l'onda nera appare davvero...
insomma una serie di situazioni che già bene o male si erano preannunciate, ma è stato carino leggerle.
Unica nota negativa: ci sono voluti 12 volumi per non far accadere niente di drastico, almeno finora. Insomma si poteva accorpare qualcosa qua e là e ridurre l'attesa, no?
El
Die Serie neigt sich allmählich dem Ende zu und ich kann es nicht anders sagen: Irgendwie bin ich froh darüber. So richtig warm werde ich damit nicht. Es schwappt keine Begeisterung über, kein Funke. Ich denke es liegt u. a. auch daran, dass ich den Hauptcharakter, Morgan, nicht mag. Und sie ist immer überall und ich mag einfach die Augen verdrehen, wenn sie etwas sagt und denkt und tut. Der Pluspunkt dieses Buches ist eindeutig der Part mit Alisa und der Rolle, die sie darin spielt.
Chelsee
...and THIS one I liked for almost the opposite reasons as #11. Love love love how Alisa has to figure out all the parts to the anti-dark-wave-spell.

(view spoiler)
Gina
I really love this series. Morgan has grown so much as a character. She is forced to face some of her demons. She must stand up to her father to save her family and friends from the dark wave that is coming. We also get to learn a little bit more about Alisa as she becomes a more prominat character later on in the book. Now that she has faced these struggles i wonder that the next 3 books have in store for Morgan.
Nikki
I loved this, things are getting very uncomfortable for Morgan as she has to face up to her Father's true nature and I really liked seeing Hunter and his Father's relationship develop, particularly with Morgan in the middle of it all. Alisa is growing on me now that she is finally realising her potential and after everything that happened in this, the 12th story, I can't wait to see what happens next!!
Lissa Smith
I really enjoyed this book. It has a great storyline to it & I didn't really mind the story jumping from Alisa to Morgan all that much. Parts of the book were more interesting to me than others, especially some revelations concerning Morgan & what her role might be for Woodbaynes everywhere on earth. Moving on to Reckoning now, I would suggest the series it has a hold on me….
Sorcha O'Dowd
Another great addition to the Wicca series. The Black Wave storyline was fast-paced and exciting, and I loved how Alisa became closer and more accepting of Morgan, especially after their rocky start, which was a strain on Morgan's relationship with her sister Mary-K. I also liked Morgan's growing relationship with Hunter's father, who was sceptical of her and her powers to begin with.
Shay Hardman
Eclipse is an intriguing novel in the Sweep series. Once again, Morgan finds her life to be in danger from magickal means. The love, betrayal, self-discovery, power, and danger that fills the pages of this novel are cleverly written as they are enchanting. This novel brings new twists and turns into the series, still able to hold the attention after eleven previous novels.
Melanie
I was glad to get back to more of the original cast of characters in this book although I still was not a fan of the alternating character narrators. I don't normally have an issue with this but I think it is because so much of the series was written solely from Morgan's point of view as I ran into similar issues with the Morganville Vampire series in the later books. V""V
Book Discussions ...: * Eclipse 1 1 Mar 11, 2013 04:23PM
  • Written in the Stars (Circle of Three, #12)
  • Last Dance (The Seer, #2)
  • Secrets (Fingerprints, #4)
  • Night Shade (Daughters of the Moon, #3)
191456
"was born in New Orleans, LA, in 1961. New Orleans is one of the most interesting American cities, and it has an incredibly rich and exotic culture that had a profound influence on me. Kids in other cities have lemonade stands; we sold voodoo gris-gris and made wax dolls in the likenesses of our enemies. It's a very beautiful city, and the constant heat and humidity make gardens grow out of contro...more
More about Cate Tiernan...
Book of Shadows (Sweep, #1) The Coven (Sweep, #2) Immortal Beloved (Immortal Beloved, #1) Blood Witch (Sweep, #3) Dark Magick (Sweep, #4)