Start by marking “Eclipse (Sweep, #12)” as Want to Read:
Eclipse (Sweep, #12)

Eclipse (Sweep #12)

4.16  ·  Rating Details ·  6,771 Ratings  ·  112 Reviews
Morgan knows that a dark wave of destruction is on its way. Everyone she loves is in jeopardy. So Morgan, Hunter, and a surprising new ally join together to fight a battle that will test their powers more than any of them can imagine. In this struggle of good versus evil, bright magick versus dark, who will survive to tell the tale?
Published November 20th 2008 by Speak (first published June 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Eclipse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eclipse

Vanessa
My continuation of reading the five final books in this series (that I never got to in my teen years) takes me to book 12 - Eclipse. I had absolutely no idea what this was going to be about, seeing as I read book 11 quite some time ago now. I like that though - the blurb's on the back of these books never really give anything away, so you can essentially go in blind.

I enjoyed the fact that this was told from a dual perspective - both Morgan and Alisa. Alisa is a relatively new character, and I d
Ben Alderson
Oct 20, 2013 Ben Alderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
four stars but still not perfect like the rest... maybe because its coming to the end of a HUGE series it will be abit weird and not really enjoyable... i think its because i know that this series will end for me soon and it makes me sad to think about it ! so i just keep having negative thoughts towards the series
Whitney
Plot

Four books later and we’re finally getting to a resolution with Amyranth and Ciaran. Basically, it’s been a lot of hoopla for not much. It’s a very simple solution given to a nearly four-hundred-year-old problem. The solution seems to have been pulled out of thin air (or the author’s butt) and takes small pieces from Eclipse and the previous two books. There wasn’t much of a buildup, though there was at least a climax.

Writing

On one hand, I think parts of the writing in Eclipse was done very
Rose Heartfilia
This book made me realize how different I'm from Morgan or Alisa. Both of the girls tell that they are not the heroine type. And it's not because I want to brag, it's actually not a very good trait. I'm a person that can think quite cleary when under pressure. That's a good trait when you've got projects at school, deadlines.
It's not a good trait in friendship. I had a clique. My best friend was like Morgan. Shy, not outspoken, still had an opinion but she barely said it. She only was a liar, s
Chibineko
Oct 28, 2010 Chibineko rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally, the culmination of several story lines come into fruition. After so long in the series, I have to admit that part of me was getting impatient for this moment, when we'd finally see Morgan do battle against her blood father.

This entry in the series is narrated in two different voices- Morgan & Alisa. Morgan's blood father Ciaran is still on the loose & worse- he's managed to get rid of the watch sigil that Morgan inscribed on him. He's given Morgan an ultimatum- join him or peris
Stephanie Bain
Nov 06, 2015 Stephanie Bain rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I dont even know what to write here anymore...
Like seriously the series is so good!! I love it and i know it will only get kore awesome... Wtf is going to happen in the last 3 books idk but im excited to find out :)!!!
Shirley
I loved it, only the chapters from Alisa weren't that interesting. I like to read in Morgan's POV not Alisa's.
Nitah.falag Jackson
Awesome as book...its a must read book!!!..:)
Katie
Spoiling...

Is it just me or is Alisa 100% annoying?
Not my favorite book of this series, not even top seven.
I just hate how one dimensional she is - 'OMG things are falling down whenever I'm around. OMG I'm so scared of witch craft. OMG I hate my stepmom. OMG I'm a witch?'
Kill me.
Kat Mandu
Kat Mandu says...

An evil wave of dark magick capable of destroying entire cities and all life within it is hunting Morgan. She has to team up with Hunter, his recently discovered father, and half-witch Alisa to stop it from claiming anyone else she loves.

The spellcrafting is so much more complicated in this book compared to the others. It’s kind of like reading about someone going up against their greatest enemy—knowing the territory inside out, which weaknesses to exploit, how to catch your opp
Jacquline
Nairabell
Morgan Rowlands has discovered much about magick and love, but when strange events start happening Morgan isn't sure what to do. It is like a cloud of darkness is hovering over the heads of her and her friends, and soon Morgan comes to fear the worst. Putting on a brave face she tries to hide the possibility of danger but there's a problem. Alisa isn't fooled by Morgan's pretence and she too can feel the darkness surrounding them...the question is how is she able to?

This is the twelfth book in t
Natalia Paez
Jan 28, 2016 Natalia Paez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My rating for this Book is 4.4 stars.

Había quedado decepcionada con el libro anterior 11. Origin, pues la historia del comienzo de todo lo que sintetiza al libro fue muy vana, monótona y ridicula, asi que, leer este libro donde hay seis puntos claves Un reencuentro, Un descubrimiento, Una mitad bruja de sangre, Un ritual para quitar los poderes, La destrucción parcial de la Ola Oscura y La caída de una fuente fuerte de Amytach (o algo así).

Me preguntaba todo este tiempo por Killian y aquí obtuve
Tara Day
The spellcrafting is so much more complicated in this book - when comparing it to the others or even real life. It was kind of like reading about someone going up against their greatest enemy; knowing the territory inside out, weaknesses to exploit, how to catch your opponent off guard. It was a great battle of good versus evil. The action of the scene was nice but after it was all over, the happy ending was a bit too... Anticlimactic? I didn't like the abrupt feeling of... "Holy shit, it's over ...more
Mar
Jul 23, 2013 Mar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good installment we get a little of everything. I’m glad that it was back to the present because the previous book wasn’t as great. With this new installment we now have the background information on Alisa which is great but expected. I think we were just waiting to get confirmation that she was a witch or half witch. Finally she finds out that she’s the one causing all the strange things that happen around her instead of blaming Morgan. The breakthrough she has is good and it seems l ...more
BookNerdette
Feb 14, 2010 BookNerdette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Morgan sees an image of her father who has escaped from the Council. He says he's coming to see her. The first chapter is from Morgan's viewpoint, the second chapter from Alisa's. Alisa is interested in a book that Morgan has.

Alisa finds out that her mother was a witch, and that she is a half-witch. She tells Morgan about what she has found out.

Hunter's father is working on an idea of how to nullify a Dark Wave. Morgan's father appears to her. Again, he wants her to join him in the same way Dar
Becks
Mar 28, 2013 Becks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In diesem Band wird erstmals in der Reihe von zwei Personen erzählt. Einmal natürlich Morgan, die in diesem Band dem endgültigen Kamp gegen ihren leiblichen Vater entgegen steuert, und Alisa, die entdeckt, dass sie eine halbe Hexe ist und die vielen seltsamen Vorkommnisse in ihrer Nähe von ihren Kräften ausgelöst wurden.
Während man im Band davor davon erfährt, wie die 'dark wave' entstanden ist wird Morgan in diesem Band selbst von einer bedroht. Durch das Book of Shadows von Morgans Vorfahrin
Eva

This one was ok. I enjoyed especially the middle part and the end.
It was told from the prospective of Morgan and Alisa and they have to unite forces to fight a bad evil.
Morgan yet again got a little bit on my nerves. She does something very important for all the witch community and she keeps moping about it and say how much she is sorry. Girl?? You would be more sorry if you didn't do it! I mean, I get a little bit of remorse but that was toooo much, in my opinion.

Plus, Allison's step
Nina
Morgan and Hunter are in trouble again as Ciaran has decided to send a dark wave to Widow's Vale to destroy Morgan, her family, and her coven Kithic. Hunter's father begins to work, through Rose's Book of Shadows, to create a spell that will combat the dark wave before it destroys them.

This book pivots between Morgan's point of view and Alisa's point of view. It was interesting the way it was done and I liked it. Alisa inadvertently finds out that her mother was a witch and through Morgan finds
Annette M Guerriero Nishimoto
Today's review is on Eclipse, Cate Tiernan's 12th book in the Sweep series and was a welcome reappearance of Morgan, Hunter, and their friend Alisa.

There is a dark wave heading towards Morgan and everyone she loves and all signs point to Ciaran as the witch that cast the spell. After all, he knows that Morgan put a watch sigil on him, and he wants to talk to her. Now every where she goes she's looking over her shoulder.

The approaching dark wave is causing the blood witches, Morgan, Hunter, and
Barbara ★
A couple of interesting things happen in this installment of Wicca. Ex-Kithic member Alisa surprisingly plays a large roll after a life-changing discovery. You remember, she is the one who left because she was terrified of Morgan and the magic she wields. And Morgan's biological father, Cairan MacEwan reappears and brings the Dark Wave after Morgan and Kithic when she refuses his offer.

I just realized that up to this book (#12), all the events have happened in a very short period of time. Morgan
Kevin Jones
Fast-paced as usual, less repetition and lots of action from the start. Ciaran and the dark wave have a lot of impact in this one and I am wondering what is happening next in this series since things seem to be taken care of. Alisa, the half witch, seem to truly accept who she is, finally. Of course, with all the information she is able to find, Alisa understands what she is and how useful she is for Kithic and ciaran's wrath. With everything that happens in this book, Morgan, Hunter and his dad ...more
Shweta Choudhary
Jun 18, 2012 Shweta Choudhary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wicca
The story starts with Alisa Point of view and even Morgan too. It was good to know both side of the party and how another person reacts when she comes to know she was a witch. Her reaction was totally different. In this all people are facing the Dark Wave which Morgan's Carien casted so that Morgan would join his clan and its all about how Morgan and Alisa tried to defeat the dark wave from destroying Kithnic with help of Hunter and Mr Neill.
At first I didn't like Alisa much...her being very bit
Sandi
Feb 17, 2010 Sandi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This installment is told from both Morgan's perspective and Alisa's perspective. Alisa is the youngest member of the Kithic Coven and is not sure if she still wants to be part of the coven. She discovers something about her late mom that changes her outlook. At the same time Morgan and Hunter are still battling Ciaran and trying to find a way to stop a Dark Wave.

Eclipse moved along better than the previous two books. A major event happens close to the end of the book and I am curious about the
Neep
Jan
In this book, Alisa is coming to terms with the fact that her mother was a witch and that she is 1/2 witch. She has powers and has no idea how to control them. She turns to Morgan for help but Morgan is busy. A dark wave is coming and they have to create a spell to stop it. Is there any way the untrained Alisa can help?

As I say every time, I just love this series. Despite all the chaos around them these kids have time to worry about being home on time and dealing with future stepmothers. The mag
Nikki
Sep 14, 2013 Nikki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this, things are getting very uncomfortable for Morgan as she has to face up to her Father's true nature and I really liked seeing Hunter and his Father's relationship develop, particularly with Morgan in the middle of it all. Alisa is growing on me now that she is finally realising her potential and after everything that happened in this, the 12th story, I can't wait to see what happens next!!
Raquel
I have to say, I liked Alisa's pov a lot more than Morgan's. Her feelings were a lot more clear and she gave more clear insight to the actual story to add up to her inner thoughts.

(view spoiler)

Liking how the books are turning out. Will post more reviews later on.
Gina
Jan 09, 2011 Gina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really love this series. Morgan has grown so much as a character. She is forced to face some of her demons. She must stand up to her father to save her family and friends from the dark wave that is coming. We also get to learn a little bit more about Alisa as she becomes a more prominat character later on in the book. Now that she has faced these struggles i wonder that the next 3 books have in store for Morgan.
Book Discussions ...: * Eclipse 1 1 Mar 11, 2013 04:23PM
  • Through the Veil (Circle of Three, #9)
  • Betrayed (Fingerprints, #5)
  • Witch Ball (The Seer, #3)
  • Night Sun (Sons of the Dark, #4)
191456
"was born in New Orleans, LA, in 1961. New Orleans is one of the most interesting American cities, and it has an incredibly rich and exotic culture that had a profound influence on me. Kids in other cities have lemonade stands; we sold voodoo gris-gris and made wax dolls in the likenesses of our enemies. It's a very beautiful city, and the constant heat and humidity make gardens grow out of contro ...more
More about Cate Tiernan...

Sweep (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Book of Shadows (Sweep, #1)
  • The Coven (Sweep, #2)
  • Blood Witch (Sweep, #3)
  • Dark Magick (Sweep, #4)
  • Awakening (Sweep, #5)
  • Spellbound (Sweep, #6)
  • The Calling (Sweep, #7)
  • Changeling (Sweep, #8)