Start by marking “ServSafe Essentials with the Scantron Certification Exam Form” as Want to Read:
ServSafe Essentials with the Scantron Certification Exam Form

ServSafe Essentials with the Scantron Certification Exam Form

3.51  ·  Rating Details  ·  94 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
This text, with its streamlined and simplified content, covers principles necessary to maintain food safety within a foodservice operation. It reflects the latest FDA Food Code and prepares people for the ServSafe? Food Protection Manager Certification Exam. Heavily illustrated, this full-color book provides useful pedagogical tools for understanding food-safety knowledge, ...more
Published February 10th 2004 by Wiley (first published 1999)

Be the first to ask a question about ServSafe Essentials with the Scantron Certification Exam Form

Crystal Chapman
May 30, 2009 Crystal Chapman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: educational
A must read for anyone touching food to be prepared and served - literally. This book serves as an informational need-to-know for anyone consuming food, even if you prepared it at home! It is my hope that someone at your local restaurant, be it quick serve, take-out, casual, and/or fine dining has picked up this book and taken the certification accompanied - seriously. It gives you a heads up on the IMPORTANCE of those numbers you see on the wall and/or window when visiting your favorite spot. I ...more
Kenneth McWatt
Read for certification, typical work read
Ashe
Jun 13, 2008 Ashe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: career
Oddly enough, I suppose I've read this book twice, once for school and once for the exam, and probably many more times in the future. You *must* have it if you're taking the exam (and I mean *must,* the whole exam is based on the principles outlined in the book.) Wish me luck on recertifying!
Drew
Keep refrigerators below 41-degrees Fahrenheit. Watch out for ciguatera poisoning when serving reef fish. Fresh rat and mouse dropping are shiny and black; older droppings are gray. And so on... Read this textbook and you too can become paranoid in the kitchen.
Rick Hunter
Aug 27, 2015 Rick Hunter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, culinary
As someone that has been in the service industry for a long time, I found this book really insightful. I saw where numerous things were done wrong in past jobs. every single person that works in food service should read this.
Kevin Ressler
I mean, it wasn't really read for pleasure but it gets the job done. I appreciate the layout to be honest and I don't know if there is another book to prep for this test but I would buy this one.
Linnea
Feb 15, 2010 Linnea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a text book.... mostly common sense, decent index to look up information as needed. I probably would not have read it if I hadn't been in a class that required it.
Heather
Dec 03, 2008 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chefs in training
Shelves: school-books
This was a really good reference for a culinary student. I only found two chapters boring. Other than that, it was well organized and utilized photos and diagrams quite well.
Sarah Stowe
Not a book of my choice to read but it must be done to run a restaurant! Has all the info you need to get certified to run a food service business.
Kaitlyn
Jul 31, 2012 Kaitlyn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Effective for its intended purpose but not just for fun reading.
Zach Lorber
Jun 15, 2012 Zach Lorber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Edition 6 is the most concise and easiest to learn. Very happy.
Margey Vattiat
Jun 01, 2009 Margey Vattiat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my job. I have this book memorized.
Jenny
Jan 01, 2014 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: college-reading
Great book. It's plain and simple.
Jeff
Jeff added it
Aug 24, 2016
Jasmine Schumacher
Jasmine Schumacher rated it did not like it
Aug 11, 2016
Uday Majhi
Uday Majhi marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Susan Wong
Susan Wong rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2016
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Tiffany Madison
Tiffany Madison rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
KRISTEL DAINE
KRISTEL DAINE is currently reading it
Jun 19, 2016
Scott Dougherty
Scott Dougherty marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Mark Kwan
Mark Kwan marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Olivia Harris
Olivia Harris marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Anne Ferguson
Anne Ferguson marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Micheal
Micheal rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2016
Aldwin Zalameda
Aldwin Zalameda marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Paige
Paige added it
Feb 29, 2016
Wafaa
Wafaa marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Rebecca A.
Rebecca A. rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2016