Start by marking “Feast of the Seven Fishes: The Collected Comic Strip and Italian Holiday Cookbook” as Want to Read:

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The Italian-American Christmas Eve tradition comes to life in this popular online comic strip collected here for the first time, complete with a foreword by Steve Geppi and a cookbook for serving up your own Feast!
Published November 1st 2005 by Allegheny Image Factory

To ask other readers questions about Feast of the Seven Fishes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feast of the Seven Fishes

Tara
This last week I have spent some time discovering Italian Christmas Traditions (since my family is Italian and we have a Christmas celebration steeped with tradition). I came across this book and picked it up for an afternoon read. I'd never read comics before, but it was sort of a fun change. There is just something unique about Italian families, and Tinnell's story made me think about my own family. I didn't like the bad language used, but it did make me think of my Poppi's frequent use of "Go ...more
Italo Italophiles
I found it to be a fun read. And besides getting recipes for that I used for my own Italian Christmas Eve, I had a fun book for the family to read while digesting. Be aware that there is some suggestive language, so it is not a book for small children.

For my full and illustrated review visit the Italophiles Book Reviews blog at
Peacegal
Feast is an entertaining and humorous look at a family’s Christmas traditions. However, I can’t say I’m as enthusiastic about a holiday that encourages the gobbling of as much sea life as possible. Unfortunately, recipes are included to encourage others to start their own ocean-consuming “feasts.”
Jason
Aug 15, 2007 Jason rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: cooking and comic enthusiasts
Shelves: graphic-novels
This book is really quite clever. It collects Tinnell's excellent FEAST OF THE SEVEN FISHES webcomics, funny stories of his large Italian family during the traditional Feast of the Seven Fishes with a cookbook in the back that tells you how to make the recipes featured in the comic.
Alice Bliss
Alice Bliss marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Erinn
Erinn added it
Jan 23, 2014
Angelica Romero
Angelica Romero marked it as to-read
May 05, 2013
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2012
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2010
Carmen
Carmen added it
Mar 18, 2009
Claire
Claire added it
Aug 27, 2008
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2008
Riven Flesh and Blood (Book 1) The Faceless: A Terry Sharp Story Flesh and Blood Book 2 Sight Unseen

“We do it for the fun and the fact it makes us feel closer to loved ones both living and dead.” 0 likes