Bound by Honor: An Erotic Novel of Maid Marian

Bound by Honor: An Erotic Novel of Maid Marian (Seducing the Classics #3)

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  242 ratings  ·  29 reviews
From the acclaimed author of "Master" comes the tale of a woman of legend, caught in a dark forest of intrigue, desire, and lust.
Maid Marian, now Lady of Leaford, is sent to the court of Prince John-not to take part in the debauchery of his Court of Pleasure, but to spy on him for his mother. Little does she know that her secret mission will thrust her into a whirlwind o...more
Published May 1st 2009 by New American Library (first published April 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Bound by Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound by Honor

Gemma
Jan 28, 2011 Gemma rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes a smoking hot read!
Shelves: erotica, 5-star-reads
Woah, what can I say about this book?

This was one of the most enjoyable reads I've had, in more ways than one.

I've always had a soft spot for the Robin Hood story and I've always lusted after Richard Armitige (The Sherriff in The BBC version of Robin Hood), so the fact that the author states that he is her insperation made me want to read it more.

And boy did I love it. Without spoiling it, this was Robin Hood "The Tudors style" Yes there are a few inacuracies with regards to a few minor things,...more
Shannon The Show Stopper
I didn't like this one as much as her first two books but it's still and excellent read. If you're a fan of Robin Hood then you should most definitely read this!
Megan
3 ½ stars. I did like this re-telling of the Marian & Robin Hood. However, it was not excellent. I wanted to love this book, but I think I had expectations going into it as what it was going to be about. This book was very different then the way I thought it was going to be like. Robin is conceited and a womanizer; the Sheriff of Nottingham is fierce, dark, brooding, and often detached; and Marian is feisty, stubborn, and loyal (the traits of the main characters did not surprise or disappoin...more
Robin
You know.....this book surprised me. There was more of a story here than I expected. The problem for me started and ended with "An erotic novel" because it wasn't. I didn't find anything in this book erotic. I was far more fascinated with the political machinations, the threeway friendship between Robin, Marian and Will and the romance between Alys and Will. I think it was SUPPOSED to be erotic, but if that's what you were looking for.....well, maybe other people got that out of this book. I did...more
Kim
Thought I would hate this because I've never been a huge fan of Marian in any version of the Robin Hood legend, but was pleasantly surprised. I'm a huge fan of the author's historical vampire series under her other name Colleen Gleason.

The author is clearly a big fan of Richard Armitage's portrayal of Guy of Gisbourne in the BBC Robin Hood series as her male protagonist here is almost a carbon copy. Her Robin Hood, on the other hand, does not come across as a legitimate rival for the heroine's...more
Cindy
who could resist the erotic tale of Maid Marion? Not I!!

Ok, this book is a retelling of Robin Hood, and with a surprise ending - but it is hardly that erotic - sort of titillating in places, but overall, nothing to get very excited about, and the characters, with the exception of Marion, Will and Robin himself, are shallowly drawn and excessively one dimensional.
Kara-karina
First of all, for the kind of novel it is, Bound by Honor is ridiculously overpriced. £8/$12.99 for an ebook published in 2009? You are kidding me, right. So when my interest was piqued I managed to buy a second hand paperback for £3.80 through BetterWorldBooks. Yes, my copy did fall apart when I was reading it, but I didn't feel bad about it...

I would not call this book erotica, mostly it reads like a slightly racy historical romance. Certainly, an author like Bertrice Small will give it a run...more
Robyn
Really this is more like a 3.5, but I'm rounding up because I enjoyed it and thought it was a fun read. It was also a quick read, because I had a hard time putting it down.

First, I knew I'd enjoy this book when I read the dedication, which is, "For all the women who prefer Alan Rickman and Richard Armitage." Because Alan Rickman as the Sheriff in "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" was probably the source of my inappropriate love for villains. I love me a good, tortured, dark-and-dangerous romance n...more
Melvin Mathews
I wish I knew why I didn't like this book. No really. It is well written, the cover is beautiful, the characters are so-so, but I didn't care for any of it. Was it the rather blatant eroticism, which is obvious from the very first line? But then it is an erotic novel.... Is it the pairing of Marian with the Sheriff of Nottingham as opposed to Robbie Hood? I don't think ... But for what it's worth I didn't care for it. Oh the political machinations are intriguing enough, in fact I couldn't help w...more
LeAnn
The writing is okay. The premise is okay. However, there is really no story here. It's just chapter after chapter of impromptu and indiscriminate sexual encounters that don't make a whole lot of sense. There's really no story to hold my interest and no reason to root for any of the characters other than what we already know from other Robin Hood stories. At times I can see a story about to form and then it just gets wierd and pointless.
Sue Lukenbaugh
I am loving Colette Gale. She's twisted a wicked tale of love and lust. Marion, no longer a maid comes back into the lives of Robin and the Sheriff, and everything is still not as it seems. The scenes are hot, and some are a little twisted in the best of way. This reimagining is my favorite yet, not one to be missed if you root for the dark horse, if you can see past the charming flutters in your stomach, if you like a challenge.
Stacey
Aug 24, 2010 Stacey rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the BBC Robin Hood series
Shelves: e-romance, robin-hood
This book is for those of us who love the Sheriff of Nottingham on the BBC's series Robin Hood. Dark, brooding, heart of gold, shaft of steel - you get the idea. It had a very enjoyable storyline too. I absolutely love the Gardella vampire series Colette Gale wrote under pseudonym Colleen Gleason which is why I picked this one up to read. I was happily surprised to find that I liked this book just as much as those.
Alisa
I was not thrilled with this book but it was ok. I am not a big Robin Hood Maid Marian fan but this book was set aside for me by my peeps at BAMso I bought it and read it. It wasnt erotic like I like erotic but it was pretty good. I am sure that if I was into these people I would have loved it.. so dont take my rating as a Do Not Read.. READ IT!! You never know.. you may love it!!
Rakisha
Imagine if Maid Marian was locked in a love triangle with Robin Hood of Locksley and Will--the cold Sheriff of Nottingham? Throw in a dash of courtly intrigue and steamy encounters and you have this novel. It's entertaining to see the old folktale imagined this way, but it isn't the most stunning tale.
Debbs
I loved this twist to the classic tale of Robin Hood. This novel is really incredible!! The author wrote an amazing erotic novel without sacrificing the plot and political intrigue. Some of those pages are sizzling hot even the most creative of pervs out there would be impressed. REALLY AWESOME!!!
Stephanie Draven
This was a very clever and naughty book. I loved the twist--and may steal it! I learned something terrible about myself while reading this book, however--if I feel too teased, I will flip ahead! Love Maid Marion, love Robin Hood, Love Alys, love the Sheriff.

Hate hate hate Prince John ;)
Cozen
I was interested in this book, at first. That being said, I really want to write my irritating annoyance with this book. I shall try and hold my tongue though, but note .... When writing a book, DON'T CHANGE THE MAIN CHARACTER'S ROLES IN IT OR THE STORY!!!!

Estela
Loved Colette Gale's take on the whole Robin Hood story. The twists in this book totally made me rethink the story and I couldn't believe she made me fall in love with the Sheriff of Nottingham. Very enjoyable read!!
Christy Nevarez
I enjoyed this one more than "Master" and almost as much as I loved "Unmasqued." Gale seems to write for the rest of us that don't always go for the obvious choice. I really like this one.
m.allen
I struggled a lot with the character's personalities being so different than what we are used to from other Robin Hood books and movies. Overall it was okay but that's it.
Ashley
At last a naughty indulgence that I did not laugh at! I was completely drawn in to the great story that was dripping with sex and, surprisingly, love.
Jules
Quit reading a couple of pages in, since it took that short a time to hit casual (even cheerful) rape references. Very much not my thing.
Nikki
lame, no characters worth carrying about not at all the story of the legend and his lady love we want to read about
Susan Gottfried
So far, another steamy retelling of a famed tale. Colette Gale's done it again, it seems!
Katy
I give it starts only because it was pretty hilarious. Fun read, not much substance
Ellen
The book itself was decent, but may I just say this? Best dedication ever.
  • Dreamwalker
  • Skin Deep
  • Crave: The Seduction of Snow White
  • No Greater Pleasure  (An Order of Solace Novel #2)
  • Animal Lust
  • Decadent Master (Masters of Desire, #2)
  • Enchanted Again
  • Taboo (Albright Sisters, #2.5)
  • The Harlot (Taskill Witches, #1)
  • Cinderella Unmasked (Fairytale Fantasies #1)
  • Wild Nights
  • A Love for all Seasons (The Graistan Chronicles, #5)
  • The Year of Living Shamelessly
  • Insatiable
  • The Earl's Dilemma
  • Dane (The Lords of Satyr, #5)
  • Mistress of Pleasure (School of Gallantry #1)
  • Gorgeous As Sin (Bruton Street Bookstore, #1)
Unmasqued: An Erotic Novel of The Phantom of The Opera (Seducing the Classics, #1) Entwined (The Erotic Adventures of Jane in the Jungle, #1) Master: An Erotic Novel of the Count of Monte Cristo (Seducing the Classics, #2) Entangled: An Unexpected Menage (The Erotic Adventures of Jane in the Jungle, #2) Enthralled: The Sex Goddess (The Erotic Adventures of Jane in the Jungle, #3)