Start by marking “Northpointe Chalet (Austen Series, #4)” as Want to Read:
Northpointe Chalet (Austen Series, #4)

Northpointe Chalet (Austen Series #4)

Debra White Smith (more than 1 million books in print) presents book #4 in her popular Austen series. Based on Jane Austenâs Northanger Abbey, Northpointe Chalet focuses on the scatterbrained but independent Kathy Moore who opens a coffee shop in a small town in Colorado.

When Ron and his sister, Liza, come by, Ron is attracted to Kathy. Oblivious to romance, Kathy enjoys

Published July 1st 2005 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Northpointe Chalet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Northpointe Chalet

Nikki
May 02, 2007 Nikki rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans Of Jane Austen
Based on Northanger Abby by Jane Austen. It's a modern version with Christian Perspective. LOVE IT.

Kathy Moore owns a book shop in Colorado. She loves mystery books of any kind - leads to a very over active imagination that leads her into some crazy situations.

All of the books in this series I would recommended for sure....I re-read this one a lot.

Debbie
Nov 29, 2008 Debbie rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, christian
I love Northanger Abbey, so was looking forward to this story. However, the book doesn't stick very closely to the heart of the Jane Austen story.

In Northanger Abbey, our heroine is naive and sheltered, longing for adventure and her idea of what adventure is has been formed by the thrill and horror novels she loves. Her instincts warn her against those who only wish to use her, yet she doesn't pay attention and is duped in some of her friendships. In Northanger Abbey, our hero is well-educated,
Deanne Townshend
Apr 18, 2014 Deanne Townshend rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-read, read-in-2014
Based on Austen's semi-gothic novel Northanger Abbey, Northpointe Chalet offers intrigue, mystery, and romance from the happy-go-lucky heroine, Kathy.
Rosie Mcclurg
Jul 14, 2016 Rosie Mcclurg rated it really liked it
I liked this book and loved the fact that Kathy was a strong brave girl for her age of taking off and starting a career away from home and owning her own business. Book store I could just imagine myself running a bookstore and thinking how much fun it would be and that it was in an old building and the friendships she found in this little town. She was funny and was a believable likeable character. Recommend it for a fun easy read. Enjoy
Vanessa
Aug 11, 2015 Vanessa rated it really liked it
Best of the Debra White Smith series of modern day adaptations of Jane Austen stories. This was of Northanger Abbey. Really enjoyed.
Kathryn Steffen
Feb 24, 2015 Kathryn Steffen rated it it was ok
I really love Debra White Smith but I have come to realize I need to stop reading modern adaptations on Northanger Abbey. No one understand Catherine like Jane. I just love the original so much. Sorry :(
Awjtf
Jul 29, 2014 Awjtf rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-books
loved it!
Angela
Aug 08, 2008 Angela rated it liked it
This was a fun book to read. Not real deep - one of those for when you just want to relax, read a good book and not have to think too hard! :) The girl's imagination was way overactive and that drove me crazy but overall the book was good.
Annalynn
Oct 10, 2011 Annalynn rated it it was ok
The stories in this Christian series re-telling Austen's books generally work for me, but this one did not. The lead character was just too unbelievable with her attitudes, and I felt the author was trying too hard.
Andrea Coffey
Apr 11, 2010 Andrea Coffey rated it liked it
Hmmm...this was definitely one of my least favorites in the series. Just because, in my opinion, the main girl was quite immature. But Debra Smith did a good job modernizing this story.
Lauri
May 20, 2008 Lauri rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, christian
ANother jane Austen series based on Northanger Abbey. Apparently I'm not too familiar with the original, because the story line was so not familiar, but it was a good clean romance.
Brigitte
Oct 31, 2008 Brigitte rated it liked it
This one is based on Northanger Abby- It was okay, I haven't read it again like I have reread the others in this series.
Loraine
Mar 03, 2009 Loraine rated it it was amazing
If you like Jane Austen books, you will love this updated version of Northanger Abbey.
Ginny
Dec 20, 2011 Ginny rated it it was ok
A clean read but very cheesy. One dimensional characters and predictable plot lines.
Laura Lee
May 21, 2012 Laura Lee rated it it was ok
Supposed to be a modern version of Northanger Abbey. Not great, okay, easy read.
Aug 24, 2008 Laura rated it liked it
Nothing necessarily notable about the book, except it was a cute story.
K.J. Grace
Nov 04, 2013 K.J. Grace rated it it was amazing
Amazing book that is beautifully written! Love its charm and warmth.
Annjeri
Mar 23, 2010 Annjeri rated it really liked it
A Bit of a cheesy read but it was a feel good read for me.
Katie
Dec 10, 2011 Katie rated it did not like it
Could not finish this one.
Lisa
Jun 23, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read
Austen series / book four
Jan
Jul 05, 2012 Jan rated it liked it
Slow at times but good story.
Nikel27
Marie
Marie added it
Sep 21, 2016
Angie Cain
Angie Cain marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Brittney
Brittney marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Emclor74
Emclor74 rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2016
Cindy Anderson
Cindy Anderson marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2016
  • Dream a Little Dream (Mule Hollow, #4)
  • Fair Game
  • Blind Dates: Four Stories of Hearts United with a Little Help from Grandma
  • Love's Haven
  • Pink
  • A Stitch in Time: Basket Stitch/Double Cross/Spider Web Rose/Double Running
  • A Table by the Window
  • Vermont Weddings: Dear Granny/The Long Trail to Love/Sweet Sugared Love (Heartsong Novella Collection)
  • Chateau of Echoes
  • Three Weddings and a Giggle
  • Oklahoma Weddings
  • A Soldier's Family (Wings of Refuge, #2)
  • Promise Me Always (Pinky Promise Sisterhood, #1)
  • Too Good To Be True
  • Newlywed Games
  • Taming Rafe (Noble Legacy, #2)
  • Colorado
  • It Had to Be You
Debra White Smith is a seasoned Christian author, speaker, and media personality who has been regularly publishing books for over a decade. In the last twelve years, she has accumulated more than 55 books sales to her credit with more than 1 million books in print. Her titles include such life-changing books as Romancing Your Husband, Romancing Your Wife, The Divine Romance: Developing Intimacy wi ...more
More about Debra White Smith...

Austen Series (6 books)
  • First Impressions (Austen Series, #1)
  • Reason and Romance (Austen Series, #2)
  • Central Park (Austen Series, #3)
  • Amanda (Austen Series, #5)
  • Possibilities (Austen Series, #6)