Start by marking “MMM, Cookies” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
MMM, Cookies

Robert Munsch

MMM, Cookies

Christophe adore la pâte à modeler... mais ses biscuits à la pâte à modeler ne sont pas aussi délicieux qu'ils en ont l'air et tout le monde ne les apprécie pas!
Hardcover
Published March 1st 2002 by Turtleback Books (first published March 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about MMM, Cookies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about MMM, Cookies

Jennifer Rayment
Jan 26, 2010 Jennifer Rayment rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jake's Review: Mom, I really like the pictures in this one. Each time I read it I find new things in the picture that I didn't notice before. Can we buy some of the artists paintings, they are much better than those animal pictures you have all over the house. It kinda bugs me when he Mr Munsch uses all those sound effect words like scritch-scritch and Glick-Glick in his books. Although, I think I would like to hear him read it out loud. I like the practical joke he plays on everyone, it really ...more
Evette
Dec 04, 2013 Evette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mmm, Cookies! by Robert N. Munsch. This story is about Christopher. Christopher makes clay play cookies and tries to give the cookies to his mother and father. He first does it to his mother and then he does it to his father both parents eat the cookies and immediately go to the bathroom and wash their mouth out. When he gets to school, his teacher plays the same prank on him so he can feel like his parents felt. He then goes to wash his mouth out. In the end, the class makes a huge real cookie. ...more
Marlee
Nov 11, 2014 Marlee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a simple fun story. The pictures and even the "noises" that are written into the story are part of what makes it so much fun for young children. It even has a recipe for play clay in the book.
Mariah
Dec 16, 2015 Mariah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a cute book!
Aleisha Douthitt
This book is about a boy who is a bit naughty and wants to trick his parents into eating a cookie made out of play clay. This play clay is disgusting and his parents are very upset! They call his teacher who decides to teach him a lesson. She makes him a play clay cookies so he sees how it tastes, then as a class they make real cookies and he goes home and gives his parents a real cookie. This book will be loved by students because he is a little naughty! It can teach children about cause and ef ...more
Courtney Gregory
Apr 07, 2014 Courtney Gregory rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MMM, Cookies is written by Robert Munsch. The book is about a little boy who takes red play clay and molds it into a cookie form and adds some “extras” on top. He gives this “cookie” to his mother and father and they take a big bite. Of course the “cookie” is terrible because it is made of clay. The parents call his teacher to inform her of his activities and she plays the same trick on him. After the prank the class makes real cookies. The book includes a real recipe that they “use” to make the ...more
Daniel
Sep 05, 2008 Daniel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
Here's a fantastic Munsch book. It maintains the level of humor that most of his books have. It also is something that nearly every child can identify with ... making 'food' out of that super-salty play clay and trying to get someone to eat it. In this book, the youth succeeds in trickng hs parents into taking a bite of the horrid clay. It back-fires when they trick him in return to teach him a lesson.

But the lesson goes one step further, but then having the child help make a real cookie. A gian
Madison
Christopher makes play clay cookies and tries to give it to his mother and father. They both eat it and immediately go to the bathroom and wash their mouth out. When he gets to school, his teacher plays the same prank on him. He washes his mouth out. In the end, the class makes a huge cookie. He brings his home for his parents to eat.

This story is fun for children and even includes the recipe used to make "play clay" (play dough).

This is not one of my favorite Robert Munsch books, but it is fu
Sam Gallagher
This mischievous book by Robert Munsch is about a young boy who decides to play a trick on his parents. He makes them each a play clay cookie and gives it to them separately telling them it is from the other. When his parents tell his teacher about his scheming she knows just what to do. She makes her own play clay cookie and gives him a taste of his own medicine before the entire classes makes some real cookies. Illustrated in ink and watercolor, this book brings out the rebellious side in any ...more
Kaylie Henley
Jul 26, 2016 Kaylie Henley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book shows the lesson of karma and how when you do wrong to others they will do wrong to you. Its funny because the boy gets his parents teacher and friends to eat the play-dough cookie and thinks it is very funny. In the end they trick Christopher into eating the "cookie" and he now understands what he did to others and that things come around. Good lesson for younger kids and older kids to learn and a silly book to do it with.
Slayermel
Aug 29, 2010 Slayermel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents of young children or Preschool teachers
This is another Great Robert Munsch book, with bright funny illustrations.

The children in my class just love to help read out the action sounds as we go through the story. It gets us all giggling. Christopher decides to make some cookies out of play clay, he hands one to his Mother telling her his father made it, and she takes a bite out of it and runs to wash her mouth. It would seem Christopher enjoys playing these pranks until his parents warn his Teacher at school.
799tee
Apr 09, 2012 799tee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christopher makes cookies out of play dough and tricks his family and teacher into eating them. The teacher gives Christopher a taste of his own medicine and makes him a cookie out of play dough. At the end the class makes Christopher’s parents a huge, real cookie for them.

Instructional Ideas:
• Retelling
• Vocabulary
Connie
Oct 05, 2009 Connie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. In true Munsch fashion, the reactions of the parents (and eventually kid) eating play clay cookies are incredibly over the top and hysterical. They gag, they scream, they brush their teeth a zillion times. And of course Christopher learns his lesson because, as we all know, turnabout is fair play.

There's no real moral to this book, it's just a bit of fun.
Lisa
Sep 29, 2008 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book by Munsch. It has repetitive text, and cute illustrations.

It is also the perfect stage setter for teaching children to make playdough from scratch (recipe included!). Once the playdough has been made, it is fun to make cookies following the boy's directions. Following up with making real cookies makes for a multi-sensory approach to this book!
Kimikimi
This is a cute book about what to do with a practical joker who isn't malicious but still won't stop with the same prank. Plus it has Munsch's usual style of using many onomatopoeias, which makes reading it aloud super fun
Ashley
Apr 20, 2013 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Teaching the consequences of pulling practical jokes on everyone else by the joker getting a [harmless] taste of his own medicine... or play-dough cookie, as it may be. A good book for young readers with great illustrations and a helpful moral at the end!
Dee
Jul 17, 2012 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: livres-français
In classic Munsch fashion, the reader is delighted by a hilarious storyline infused with a chant-along chorus that inspires laughter and involvement from everyone. A nice, quick read that left me giggling. I mean my kids. ;)
Jessica Vandrovec
This is a great book to use in a writer's workshop mini lesson to get kids thinking about descriptive words and words that sound like a sound. It also shows how you can write words on a page to show meaning. Just another great story from Robert Munsch!
Nov 26, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great story about a smart, imaginative boy who essentially tricks his family into believing that his Play-Doh creations are yummy cookies! The illustrations are beautifully constructed and offer so much to look at. (The dog's expressions are priceless!)
Christie Tulloch
Mmmm, Cookies! was another great story written by Robert Munsch. All of his books took up a rather large part of my childhood. I remember reading many of them at school, and checking them out of the library.
Ashanti
Jun 03, 2009 Ashanti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: celine
He makes cookies out of clay for his parents then his parents calls his school and tell the techer to make a cookie for him
Liz Todd
Great book for predicting what will happen next. Very, very funny! Also, a great illustration of the importance of telling the truth--mom and dad did not believe Christopher after he tricked them.
Heather
Feb 05, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
A book about cookies and making cookies, always a winner with a toddler (18 months) obsessed with cooking!
Lyndsi
Nov 09, 2012 Lyndsi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Pb 11? I really didn't like this book very much. Especially compared to other books we've read this was mediocre and rather blah.I suppose kids will like it because of repetition.
Cindy Torres
a very silly book aboy a boy that makes a cookie made out of clay and makes his parents eat it.

a silly book a must read!
Michelle
Oct 26, 2008 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book to my daycare kids and I thought it was well done. It was funny and easy for the kids to read back to me.
Liz
Oct 29, 2008 Liz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-book
This one almost gave me a craving for a big cookie. Not recommended to those who are pregnant with morning sickness or who have strange cravings (like clay).
Natalie Sampson
Dec 31, 2015 Natalie Sampson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's nothing funnier than tricking the adults in your life... Who can resist a good, giant cookie? My clients think it's hilarious that an adult would fall for this trick :)
Tiffiny
My 3-year-old loooooves this book! I personally find it kind of annoying, and so does my husband, but she loves it and we've read it many, many, many times. = )
Katie
Aug 21, 2008 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Katie by: Becky
Looks like a fun one to read aloud. Funny, the copy I got from Toledo looks like an actual bite was taken out of the last page...
  • The Wonderful Pigs of Jillian Jiggs
  • Birthday Monsters!
  • To Market, To Market
  • A Porcupine in a Pine Tree: A Canadian 12 Days of Christmas
  • That's Not My Bunny...
  • How Do Dinosaurs Eat Cookies?
  • Fancy Nancy: Poison Ivy Expert
Robert Munsch was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Fordham University in 1969 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in history and from Boston University in 1971 with a Master of Arts degree in anthropology.

He studied to become a Jesuit priest, but decided he would rather work with children after jobs at orphanages and daycare centers. In 1973, he received a Master of Education in Chil
More about Robert Munsch...