A Reason to Teach: Creating Classrooms of Dignity and Hope

A Reason to Teach: Creating Classrooms of Dignity and Hope

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  1 review
"I loved "A Reason to Teach. "It challenged me to think about how to infuse democratic principals into the intellectually charged reading and writing workshops that thrive in our best schools. Every thoughtful educator needs this book."
- Stephanie Harvey, coauthor of "The Comprehension Toolkit"

"This book shows why James Beane's work is so crucial to all of us. It needs to...more
Published July 1st 2005 by Heinemann Educational Books

Chrissy
I am actually cited in this book so I have to give it a 5!=) Honestly, though...James Beane has a great understanding on how to teach children, especially urban youth. He and his wife, Barb Brodhagen, have been asked to present around the world. Some governments, including New Zealand, have invited them to come and explain this way of teaching. They are both amazing and I am very fortunate to have learned from them.
Janet Kamiri
Janet Kamiri marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Michele Bernhard
Michele Bernhard marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2013
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2012
Lauren Smallwood
Lauren Smallwood marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2012
Nicole_13_89hotmail.com
Nicole_13_89hotmail.com marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2011
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2010
MrsQ
MrsQ added it
Jul 18, 2008
Beth Swedeen
Beth Swedeen marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2008
Curriculum Integration: Designing the Core of Democratic Education A Middle School Curriculum: From Rhetoric to Reality Affect in the Curriculum: Toward Democracy, Dignity, and Diversity Toward A Coherent Curriculum: 1995 Yearbook Of The Association For Supervision And Curriculum Development (Ascd Yearbook) The Middle School--And Beyond