Asterix bei den Schweizern (Asterix, #16)

Asterix bei den Schweizern (Asterix #16)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  3,171 ratings  ·  45 reviews
The governor of Gaul has always been a “creative” accountant. Now he’s under investigation by Vexatius Sinusititis—or he was, until someone poisons the investigator. In order to heal Vexatius, Asterix and Obelix set off to locate a special flower that grows only in Helvetia.
Hardcover
Published January 1st 2004 by Ehapa Comic Collection (first published January 1st 1970)

To ask other readers questions about Asterix bei den Schweizern, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asterix bei den Schweizern

Manny
Sep 26, 2012 Manny rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who's been to Switzerland
Recommended to Manny by: Kalliope
description

"Damn Swiss bureaucrats! Now we have to fill out this form!"

description
Des
The Fondue - memorable!!
Karhum Ghassan
I love Asterix. I think it´s one of the best comics ever! Laughing Riot!!! Oh those Swiss are sooo organized! A character or setting in this book was interesting to me (and why): A character that was interesting to me was Asterix because even though he likes to have fun, he also takes responsibility about what he does and tries not to get into bad situations and he uses his brain.
Derek Baldwin
One of the great ones, with plenty of clever touches and an orgy with cheese fondues and so many whippings that I was surprised not to see it re-enacted in Eyes Wide Shut. I seem to remember most of the Swiss looked like Bill Bryson for some reason or other.
Mathieu
Ah là là ! Des Suisses bien, mais alors bien stéréotypés !

A noter que, pour un fois, nos héros sont en quête pour soigner un "bon" romain, empoisonné par un mauvais. Les scènes de fondues sont vraiment hilarantes.
Johara Almogbel
Light humorous fun. I think I'm going to look for more titles.
David Sarkies
Asterix helps out a tax collector
12 October 2013

It all starts out when Chief Vitalstatistix's shield bearers stuff up one last time. Vitalstatistix says that it is a beautiful day, so his shield bearers look up and next thing we know is that they have been sacked (most likely because, once again, he has found himself flat on his back looking up at the sky and hoping that it doesn't fall on him). However, that has absolutely nothing to do with the album, except to throw in a few laughs at the be...more
Andrian Liu
This story is about a governor that is corrupting his country and Rome sent a inspector to look where the money has gone the governor is secretly using the money from the tax and so on for hos pleasure. When the inspector came the governor tried to kill him with poison after the inspector drank the poison he felt sick that night and called for the doctors. the doctors cannot cure him so the inspector sent his guard to fetch a druid from a village called the Gaulish village to cure him the guard...more
Vanja Antonijevic
Very good addition to series, at #16. Asterix and Oblelix get into some "sticky" situations (a pun on the melted cheese orgies).

Wiki summary:

"Roman governor Varius Flavus of Condatum has been putting aside for himself (i.e. embezzling) the greatest share of the taxes he has collected. The money he sends to Rome consists of just a few coins. When Quaestor Vexatius Sinusitus is sent to investigate, Flavus poisons him to avoid being discovered. Dissatisfied with Flavus' doctors, Sinusitus calls fo...more
Keko Chezumar
Sejak pertama kali saya baca versi Indonesia dari komik ini, Asterix di Swiss, saya bisa bilang ini adalah salah satu judul favorit dari serial Asterix.

Uderzo dan Goscinny bisa memasukkan unsur-unsur yang sangat-sangat khas Swiss dalam petualangan Asterix dan Obelix mencari bunga Edelweiss yang merupakan bahan penting untuk membaut ramuan yang bisa menyembuhkan seorang auditor Romawi. Danau Jenewa (Lac Le Man), keju, kerahasiaan penuh dalam perbankan, ketepatan waktu, pegunungan dengan puncak b...more
James Venkatrao
Why i decided to read this book: Because i enjoy reading the Asterix series.
Which category on the bingo board this book completes: This book goes under YOUR OWN CHOICE! This book goes under YOUR OWN CHOICE because i chose to read this book myself.
My favourite quote from this book (and why): i will add this when i look in the book because i dont have it now.
Something new i learned from this book is: It taught me that if you keep hiding something ypu did bad from someone it will be revealed sooner...more
Luke
0 stars actually. The most boring, repetitive crap I have read where the author is so lazy to the extent that he cant think of an original storyline to. Pretty much guaranteed that every story will end up as Asterix realising that he has to drink a Magic Potion to defeat the evil gauls or whatever random historically incorrect ancient civilisation these two idiots are going to invade. Characters just solely based on Herge's brilliant characters but Goscinny just changes the settings slightly so...more
Jacques le fataliste et son maître
Deboluccio: presenta problemi analoghi alla storia con i belgi: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34...
La caratterizzazione degli elvezi non possiede grande spessore (insomma: sono come gli altri galli, solo “precisini”… un po’ poco).
Credo poi che l’inserimento del motivo dell’orgia sia stato un grosso errore: se non sbaglio, nell’immaginario europeo l’orgia è un evento che ha a che fare con cibo e sesso ed è ovvio che in una serie come “Asterix” il secondo elemento dovesse saltare. Questo crea...more
Yves
C'est pas la BD d'Astérix mais au moins l'histoire est vraiment bonne. On a droit à tous les clichés sur les Suisses comme entre autre les banques, la neutralité et le fromage. C'est ça qu'on aime d'Astérix, les petits clins d'oeil à la cultures des pays abordés. Dans cette BD, un questeur romain est empoisonné et Astérix et Obélix doivent trouver une fleur qui pousse dans les sommets de l'Helvétie pour le sauver. Le gouverneur qui l'a empoisonné fera tout pour les empêcher de le guérir. Un bon...more
Oliver
The indomitable Gauls are off to Helvetica seeking edelweiss for an antidote to a poison used by the corrupt Roman Governor Varius Flavus. Cue endless Swiss jokes: fondue, cuckoo clocks, cleanliness, neutrality, banking, yodeling, William Tell, mountain climbing. Picturesque illustrations and Underzo has a great take on roman orgies.
Melanie
Plein de blagues clichées sur nos amis Suisses, mais elles sont tellement drôles et bon enfant! L'un de mes albums préférés, qui m'a tout de suite donné envie de gouter une bonne fondue (oh merci Asterix pour cette délicieuse découverte, aha!!)
Saint No Stopping Us

Six out of ten. CBR format.

Someone poisons the Roman investigator who has come to Gaul to stop corruption. The only way to heal him is to find a special flower that only grows in Switzerland. Asterix and Obelix set off....

nila
Semua ciri khas swiss atau Helvetia ada disini,
- Netralitas (sepertinya sih mereka suka gak ngaku aja :D )
- Jam coockoo
- Kerahasiaan akun bank
- Nyanyian yg terkenal yodleeeiIIII...
- salju dan tentu saja
- Edelweiss
Linda Hall
AWESOME!!! There is nothing that comes close to Asterix - I have the whole series, both on e-books and hard-copy and they are some of most treasured possessions. I grew up with them and they are simply the best!
Bruce
Asterix in Switzerland – A&O are off to Helvetia to pluck some much-needed Edelweiss
Fi °♥° LoveMoonStars
I've read this series of Asterix (and Obelisk) in the 90's at my Grandmother and Grandfather's place. I loved this series back there. Asterix and his friend Obelisk shared so many great adventures together!
Chris
I think I love this book for the fondue jokes.

It's a great addition to the series.

After re-reading this book for the up-teenth time, I now understand why Swiss. is neutral.
Carlostondok
The positive about his book are : the drawing is very good and look more experience than any other.
The negative : story so lame and there is no much conflict in this book.
Chris The Story Reading Ape
Oh those Swiss are sooo organised! The usual puns are just as cheesy, but with our two heros dealing with the problems, everything should go like clockwork.....or do they?...
Grace
This is one of my favorite Asterix books, and now I've read it in Dutch! I feel so accomplished. Also: It is very funny to read the accents of the Swiss in Dutch.
Devero
Nei loro viaggi Asterix e Obelix hanno attraversato molte nazioni. Questa incursione Svizzera è decisamente tra quelle divertenti e ben fatte.
Lusitarius
I like this one alot. It was one of my favorites when I was a kid and it still is one of the favorite Asterix I've read!
Jules
Meh, didn't enjoy this one as the rest. Probably because of all the mess about the Roman orgies..
Gavin
Obelix spends a good deal of the time asleep due to overindulgence, but then, who wouldn't?
9 3/4
A great comic series - a classic in Europe but unfortunately not so well known in the US.
  • Asterix and the Black Gold (Asterix, #26)
  • The Calculus Affair (Tintin, #18)
  • Jesse James (Lucky Luke Adventure, vol. 4)
René Goscinny was a French author, editor and humorist, who is best known for the comic book Astérix, which he created with illustrator Albert Uderzo, and for his work on the comic series Lucky Luke with Morris (considered the series' golden age).

Series:
* Asterix
More about René Goscinny...
Le petit Nicolas Asterix the Gaul (Asterix, #1) Asterix and Cleopatra (Asterix, #6) Asterix in Britain (Asterix, #8) Asterix and the Golden Sickle (Asterix, #2)