Start by marking “The FBI Killer” as Want to Read:
The FBI Killer

The FBI Killer

Dirt poor, divorced, the mother of two young children, twenty-seven year old Susan Daniels Smith, prayed for a handsome Prince Charming, who would take her away from the squalor of her rural Kentucky community to live in romance and luxury.

When a good-looking, big city FBI agent named Mark Putnam entered her life, Susan thought her prayers had been answered. She was dead
Published September 1st 1992 by Pinnacle

To ask other readers questions about The FBI Killer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The FBI Killer

Elyssa
May 27, 2008 Elyssa rated it it was ok
Shelves: truecrime
This book was nothing special--mostly a retelling of the facts in an unimaginative way. The facts were interesting enough that I wanted to finish it, but the writer could've done more with the material. It reminded me to be more selective when reading the true crime genre.
Lynda Kelly
Deleted this after wading through 38% of it. It's really not very well written at all. We learn about this affair but not really how it began which I'd consider was pretty germane to the whole point of the book but there you go......there are countless women called Kathy in it too which made it confusing, there are a lot of siblings and their partners mentioned too, quite needlessly in most cases and it was all a bit scrappy and poorly executed, I thought.
I found that I had very little sympathy
Stacie
Lots of facts, but little character development.
april lewis
Rather boring....

I was quite disappointed with how the story was written. It's almost as if the book was based on the writer's beliefs than actual facts. I found it to be rather redundant at times and full of inconsistencies. Not sure I'd recommend this book to anyone unless you're bored and need something to pass the time.
Sue
May 03, 2014 Sue rated it it was ok
Too straightforward, and I have to say: the publisher (Pinnacle True Crime) made a terrible choice when they decided to print the pictures -- middle of non-fiction crime books -- on the regular, text paper. They were very poor quality and difficult to view. Who does this?
Brittany Leigh
Apr 20, 2015 Brittany Leigh rated it really liked it
I liked this book. It was standard true crime. True Crime readers will like this book and should definitely pick it up. I enjoyed the references to Kentucky and thought the book did a good job of describing the relationship between the victim and perpetrator.
Pammykay0
Mar 03, 2015 Pammykay0 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the FBI Killer

Really enjoyed the book. The story was well told and held my interest. Love anything written by this author! Finished in less than a week!
Victoria Tolley
Feb 01, 2015 Victoria Tolley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Couldn't put it down. Ms. Jones does a great job of giving the reader the feeling of being right there. Sad story but very intriguing.
Ronnie Cramer
Oct 27, 2014 Ronnie Cramer rated it it was ok
Not her best.
Roland
Jun 19, 2014 Roland rated it did not like it
not well written
Valerie
Apr 12, 2016 Valerie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book by Aphrodite Jones was a good read about a woman, Susan Daniels Smith who finds herself falling for a married FBI agent Mark Putman while doing some shady stuff as an informant under his watch in Kentucky. What eventually happens when he tries to end it and moves away is pretty shocking.
Dawn
Aug 04, 2009 Dawn rated it liked it
Shelves: true-crime
I had hoped for better, since I like her other books a lot. As another reader said, it was mostly a recounting of facts--the few facts we do know. I had to wonder, among the "he said/she said," what the truth actually was.
Cory Hubbard
Jul 03, 2009 Cory Hubbard rated it really liked it
True crime is always better than fiction. Sad how the FBI tries to cover up when it's one of their own. This was a true crime of passion. Ms. Jones is a good writer.
Jul 06, 2012 Laura rated it liked it
Wasn't sure if I'd like Aphrodite Jones. Her TV presence is interesting. Her story is a bit long winded, but it's interesting!
Meghan
Meghan is currently reading it
Sep 25, 2016
Ali Eglinton
Ali Eglinton marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Elisha
Elisha marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Jim Dods
Jim Dods rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2016
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Jennifer Lynn
Jennifer Lynn rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2016
Crystal McGinnis
Crystal McGinnis marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Janet Harris
Janet Harris rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2016
Kaitlin
Kaitlin marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Lashae Butler
Lashae Butler marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Alicia Renee
Alicia Renee marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
ada
ada rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2016
Susan Skinner
Susan Skinner marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Janelle Walker
Janelle Walker marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
  • Perfect Poison: A Female Serial Killer's Deadly Medicine
  • A New Kind of Monster: The Secret Life and Chilling Crimes of Colonel Russell Williams
  • PREDATOR
  • Murder myself, Murder I am.
  • The Trail of Ted Bundy: Digging Up The Untold Stories
  • Missing Mom: A True Crime, True Family Story
  • Body of Proof: Tainted Evidence In The Murder Of Jessica O'Grady?
  • Innocence Lost
  • Internal Combustion: The Story of a Marriage and a Murder in the Motor City
  • Almost the Perfect Murder: The Killing of Elaine O'Hara, the Extraordinary Garda Investigation and the Trial That Stunned the Nation: The Only Complete Inside Account
  • Stolen in the Night: The True Story of a Family's Murder, a Kidnapping and the Child Who Survived
  • The Chupacabra: A Borderline Crazy Tale of Coyotes, Cash & Cartels
  • Ted and Ann: The Mystery of a Missing Child and Her Neighbor Ted Bundy
  • A Taste For Murder
  • Drug Lord: The Life and Death of a Mexican Kingpin
  • Pain and Gain - The Untold True Story
  • Hell's Angels: Into the Abyss
  • Tales from the Morgue: Forensic Answers to Nine Famous Cases Including The Scott Peterson & Chandra Levy Cases
Aphrodite Jones is an award-winning American reporter and author who writes about murder. Her knack for detail allows her to dissect bizarre murder cases and bring readers into the heart of darkness. Now, the author has taken her career to TV as the executive producer and TV host of the ID series, True Crime with Aphrodite Jones, which airs on Investigation Discovery.
Jones is now filming her sixt
More about Aphrodite Jones...

“the parties involved. With one man’s” 0 likes