Start by marking “Human Body: A Book with Guts! (Basher Science)” as Want to Read:
Human Body: A Book with Guts! (Basher Science)

Human Body: A Book with Guts! (Basher Science)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Basher Science: Human Body, A Book with Guts! Created & illustrated by Simon Basher, written by Dan Green

From the best-selling team that brought you The Periodic Table, Physics, Biology, and Astronomy comes a topic that's close to our hearts-literally! Meet the characters and processes that that keep the human body chugging along. From the basic building blocks like Ce
Published March 15th 2011 by Kingfisher

To ask other readers questions about Human Body, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Human Body

Smile by Raina TelgemeierThe Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian SelznickBone, Vol. 1 by Jeff SmithDiary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff KinneyAmulet, Vol. 1 by Kazu Kibuishi
Best Graphic Novels for Children
183rd out of 541 books — 652 voters
Dem Bones by Bob BarnerJoe Kaufman's How We are Born, How We Grow, How Our Bodies Wo... by Joe KaufmanHow the Incredible Human Body Works . . . By the Brainwaves by Richard WalkerThe Way We Work by David MacaulayBones by Steve Jenkins
Picture Books About the Body
71st out of 75 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Eric H
I read the human body it is all about what's on the inside cells lungs intestines liver and more I give this book 5 stars because everything has its on page I wish you happy reading!
Arianna
I love Basher’s illustrations, and I think it is great that he illustrates children’s introductory science books. I recently read this to get a brush-up on my knowledge of the human body. I quite enjoyed it. Each chapter builds on ideas and concepts introduced in previous chapters, and rather than organizing each chapter by organ system, it starts with the basic building blocks of life (cells and other microscopic organisms) and progresses to grouping systems that work together in subsequent cha ...more
LauraW
Jun 08, 2013 LauraW rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kids interested in science
This is an appealing book and it has solid information - and a lot of it. My only question about the book is whether the cartoonish pictures are the best way to illustrate the concepts. Pluses are that they will appeal to kids and the anthropomorphic character of the cartoons adds humor, where the subject might be rather less appealing without them. Negatives are that the real things actually look quite different and for those children who want the real thing, this could be a significant drawbac ...more
Mrs. Pauly
This nonfiction series is a phenomenal way for students to learn the basics about different science and math topics. With colorful, humorous illustrations that will draw in middle school readers, students can learn vocabulary and background information reviewing and clarifying numerous curricular topics.

Other books in the Basher Science series:
Algebra & Geometry: Anything but Square
Astronomy: Out of this World
Chemistry: Getting a Big Reaction
Dinosaurs: The Bare Bones
Oceans: Making Waves
The P
Nicole
I find that I'm loving anything created by Basher. His artwork is fully engaging and so fresh. Couple that with some very clever text by Dan Green, and this is a fantastic book for kids who love science and want to know more, or kids who don't know much and need an engaging resource to help them get into it. As the title suggests, this books is about how the human body works. Chapter titles include: Body Building Blocks, Musculoskeletal Meatheads, Wheezing Windbags and Bloody Busybodies, Food Cr ...more
Lisa Overberg
This book describes parts of the human body in a way that children can understand it. It discusses the different systems in the body, such as the skeletal, circulatory, and nervous systems. The pictures go along with the text and are vibrant, which help keep the readers attention. The glossary at the end is useful for describing the different parts and jobs of the body.

Reading Level: 6.0
Grade Level: 6 - 8
Lexile: 930L
Barbara
In colorful, cartoonlike illustrations that resemble a comic book and contain plenty of detail plus simple text that is often witty, readers are take on a tour of the various parts of the body. Young readers will relish all the fascinating and sometimes gross details in this upclose and personal field trip inside ourselves.
Donalyn
This new installment in Basher's science books travels inside the human body. From cells to bones to organ systems, Basher's analogies, humor, and manga-style illustrations describe the complexity of our bodies in an accessible and enjoyable method for kids. Includes an index, glossary, and mini-poster.
Tristan Ng
It's one of my favorite book because it teaches you so much about what we do everyday. It teaches you what you never know like how the back of your brain controls your vision. I like this book because then you teaches you about yourself and what your capabable of.
Matthew 11-12
I thought this book was cool because it taught things that I would probably look up. Also because if they used scientific words in the back of the book they would tell you what they mean.
Ashlee
Great nonfiction look at the human body. No real photographs, but cute illustrations and first person narration. Covers human bodies from cells to brain and up and down.
This book discusses all different functions of the human body and has awesome illustration. The information is immense and fifth grade boys will definitely love the gross factor!
P饆øñ
LOVE IT. LOVE THE SERIES. LOVE THE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST UN BORING BOOK OF EDUCATION IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!
Julesmarie
Adorable illustrations and lots of fun facts. My students love this one!
Abraham Ray
lots of weird pictures & facts about the human body!
Heht
Heht is currently reading it
Nov 05, 2014
Ashley Adams
Ashley Adams marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Alexander Mosel
Alexander Mosel marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Glorybeafarm
Glorybeafarm marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Periodic Table: Elements with Style! (Basher Science) Physics: Why Matter Matters! Astronomy: Out of This World! Rocks and Minerals: A Gem of a Read! (Basher Science) Chemistry: Getting a Big Reaction! (Basher Science)