Start by marking “My Dog's a Scaredy-Cat: A Halloween Tail” as Want to Read:
My Dog's a Scaredy-Cat: A Halloween Tail

My Dog's a Scaredy-Cat: A Halloween Tail (Hank Zipzer #10)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  200 ratings  ·  11 reviews
On Halloween day, Hank comes to school dressed in what he thinks is the perfect costume-a table in an Italian restaurant. Nick McKelty, the resident school bully (dressed in a total blood and guts costume), thinks Hank's costume is wimpy and that Hank wouldn't know how to be scary and gross if his life depended on it! So Hank decides to create the scariest haunted house ev ...more
Published August 17th 2006 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published August 1st 2006)

My Dog's a Scaredy-Cat is about a 5th grade boy named Hank. In the beginning of the story Hank tells his two best friends that he is going to go to the Halloween Parade dressed as a table in a fancy Italian restraurant. Frankie and Ashley both try to talk Hank out of it but Hank is determined to be original. Hank talks to the reader throughout the story which really helps pull the reader into the story. Hank lets us know that he has learning challenges. As you read the story you see Hank struggl ...more
Andrew
Sep 19, 2010 Andrew added it
Hank is in middle school and thinks he has the best costume of the year. Hank decides to dress up as italian resturant table. School bully Nick McKelty Started making fun of his costume. Thats when he got the idea of making a haunted house to scare the pants off of Nick. Before the haunted house was finished his grampa left. After the whole haunted house was done Nick came. First nick thoght it was lame than he thought that it was good but it wasnt scaring him. The when the fack spider landed on ...more
Chelsea
This is really a lovely story which includes the themes of friendship, neighbors, bullies, pet ownership, family, and learning differences. I highly recommend it. As an adult, I enjoyed the story myself. I recommend it for children ages 8 and older.
Yasuko Takatsuki
2011.12.19 25503words
Victoria
Hank can't wait for Halloween. He's got this amazing idea for a costume......... a table cloth at a aItalian resturant. Even his bestfriends tell him that it isnt a good idea. But he does so anyway. So when the school bully teases Hank, Hank decides to put the trick in trick-or -treat for Nick.
10-11 Connor
Hank Zippzer is a great book writer for kids. All of his short books like this are always quick and easy to read. I always pick up one of his books whenever I don't know what to get!
I read this just before halloween and it was great!
Acton
Dec 14, 2010 Acton rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: ellie
I finished this book with a smile on my face. this book was funny and tells a good story. in the book he makes an awesome haunted house, when i was reading it i wished i had made it. i recomend this book for all ages!
Sharon
Danny chose this as his reading incentive award, because of the skeleton on the cover. It's his first chapter book, and we haven't gotten all the way through it. Mom doesn't care for some of the language.
Marblesaurus
Again I really enjoyed Hank's world. And what a nice grandpa he has!
Brett
Hank continues to be fun, funny, & appealing.
Samantha Smith
Samantha Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Jonah Parker
Jonah Parker is currently reading it
Jun 01, 2015
Mallory Wilbur
Mallory Wilbur marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Jeremy
Jeremy marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Cailin
Cailin added it
Apr 12, 2015
Belle Long
Belle Long marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Adventure According to Humphrey (According to Humphrey, #5)
  • Move!
  • Hurty Feelings
  • Franklin And The Thunderstorm
  • Pick of the Litter
  • White Star: A Dog On The Titanic
  • Harry the Homeless Puppy
  • Beware Of Dog (McGrowl #1)
  • Mallory On The Move (Mallory McDonald, #1)
  • Edgar Allan's Official Crime Investigation Notebook
  • Who Was Eleanor Roosevelt?
  • Froggy's Best Christmas
  • Baxter (The Puppy Place, #19)
  • Sea Monsters (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #17)
  • Dolphin Tale 2: The Junior Novel
  • Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11)
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
  • Thanks for Thanksgiving
Henry Winkler is instantly recognizable and admired by audiences of all ages for his role as the Fonz on the long-running series, Happy Days. In addition, he is an award-winning producer and director of family and children's programming. He is also the author of the critically-acclaimed Hank Zipzer series, which follows the everyday adventures of a bright boy with learning challenges.

Mr. Winkler
More about Henry Winkler...

Hank Zipzer (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Niagara Falls, Or Does It? (Hank Zipzer, #1)
  • I Got a D in Salami
  • Day of the Iguana
  • The Zippity Zinger
  • The Night I Flunked My Field Trip
  • Holy Enchilada! (Hank Zipzer, #6)
  • Help! Somebody Get Me Out of Fourth Grade
  • Summer School! What Genius Thought That Up?
  • My Secret Life as a Ping-Pong Wizard
  • The Curtain Went Up, My Pants Fell Down
Niagara Falls, Or Does It? (Hank Zipzer, #1) I Got a D in Salami Holy Enchilada! (Hank Zipzer, #6) Day of the Iguana The Night I Flunked My Field Trip