Start by marking “My Dog's a Scaredy-Cat: A Halloween Tail” as Want to Read:
My Dog's a Scaredy-Cat: A Halloween Tail

My Dog's a Scaredy-Cat: A Halloween Tail (Hank Zipzer #10)

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  221 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
On Halloween day, Hank comes to school dressed in what he thinks is the perfect costume-a table in an Italian restaurant. Nick McKelty, the resident school bully (dressed in a total blood and guts costume), thinks Hank's costume is wimpy and that Hank wouldn't know how to be scary and gross if his life depended on it! So Hank decides to create the scariest haunted house ev ...more
Published August 17th 2006 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published August 1st 2006)

Feb 27, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult-2012
My Dog's a Scaredy-Cat is about a 5th grade boy named Hank. In the beginning of the story Hank tells his two best friends that he is going to go to the Halloween Parade dressed as a table in a fancy Italian restraurant. Frankie and Ashley both try to talk Hank out of it but Hank is determined to be original. Hank talks to the reader throughout the story which really helps pull the reader into the story. Hank lets us know that he has learning challenges. As you read the story you see Hank struggl ...more
Andrew
Sep 19, 2010 Andrew added it
Hank is in middle school and thinks he has the best costume of the year. Hank decides to dress up as italian resturant table. School bully Nick McKelty Started making fun of his costume. Thats when he got the idea of making a haunted house to scare the pants off of Nick. Before the haunted house was finished his grampa left. After the whole haunted house was done Nick came. First nick thoght it was lame than he thought that it was good but it wasnt scaring him. The when the fack spider landed on ...more
Chelsea
This is really a lovely story which includes the themes of friendship, neighbors, bullies, pet ownership, family, and learning differences. I highly recommend it. As an adult, I enjoyed the story myself. I recommend it for children ages 8 and older.
Brooklyn Rasmussen
Jun 06, 2016 Brooklyn Rasmussen rated it it was amazing
absoluteknowergmail.com
Very good

Always good
Sooooooo
Oslososlso
Lsksisksk
Lsllslslslls to the point of view of a new one for me the happiest day of school
Yasuko Takatsuki
Feb 25, 2014 Yasuko Takatsuki rated it it was ok
2011.12.19 25503words
Victoria
Jul 14, 2009 Victoria rated it really liked it
Hank can't wait for Halloween. He's got this amazing idea for a costume......... a table cloth at a aItalian resturant. Even his bestfriends tell him that it isnt a good idea. But he does so anyway. So when the school bully teases Hank, Hank decides to put the trick in trick-or -treat for Nick.
10-11 Connor
Dec 08, 2010 10-11 Connor rated it liked it
Hank Zippzer is a great book writer for kids. All of his short books like this are always quick and easy to read. I always pick up one of his books whenever I don't know what to get!
I read this just before halloween and it was great!
Acton
Dec 14, 2010 Acton rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ellie
I finished this book with a smile on my face. this book was funny and tells a good story. in the book he makes an awesome haunted house, when i was reading it i wished i had made it. i recomend this book for all ages!
Sharon
Jan 01, 2013 Sharon rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own, dan
Danny chose this as his reading incentive award, because of the skeleton on the cover. It's his first chapter book, and we haven't gotten all the way through it. Mom doesn't care for some of the language.
Marblesaurus
Aug 27, 2011 Marblesaurus rated it it was amazing
Again I really enjoyed Hank's world. And what a nice grandpa he has!
Brett
Dec 27, 2009 Brett rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile-series
Hank continues to be fun, funny, & appealing.
Hamzah
Feb 09, 2011 Hamzah rated it it was amazing
Nice!!!!!
The Leftover
The Leftover rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2016
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Maddie
Maddie rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2016
Buho
Buho marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Jemma
Jemma rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Sam Martocci
Sam Martocci rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2016
A S
A S added it
Jun 12, 2016
Abby Rose
Abby Rose marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Charmaine
Charmaine marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Jackson
Jackson marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Eden June
Eden June marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Blane Colman
Blane Colman marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Blake Richardson
Blake Richardson rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2016
  • Secrets According to Humphrey (According to Humphrey, #10)
  • Hurty Feelings
  • Move!
  • Grace Stirs it Up
  • Franklin And The Thunderstorm
  • The Great Christmas Kidnapping Caper
  • White Star: A Dog On The Titanic
  • Pick of the Litter
  • Nancy Drew Mystery Stories : The Secret of The Old Clock and The Hidden Staircase
  • Edgar Allan's Official Crime Investigation Notebook
  • Mallory On The Move (Mallory McDonald, #1)
  • Sugar, Gummi and Lollipop (The Puppy Place #40)
  • Beware Of Dog (McGrowl #1)
  • Polar Bears and the Arctic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #16)
  • Dolphin Tale 2: The Junior Novel
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
Henry Winkler is instantly recognizable and admired by audiences of all ages for his role as the Fonz on the long-running series, Happy Days. In addition, he is an award-winning producer and director of family and children's programming. He is also the author of the critically-acclaimed Hank Zipzer series, which follows the everyday adventures of a bright boy with learning challenges.

Mr. Winkler
More about Henry Winkler...

Hank Zipzer (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Niagara Falls, Or Does It? (Hank Zipzer, #1)
  • I Got a D in Salami
  • Day of the Iguana
  • The Zippity Zinger
  • The Night I Flunked My Field Trip
  • Holy Enchilada! (Hank Zipzer, #6)
  • Help! Somebody Get Me Out of Fourth Grade
  • Summer School! What Genius Thought That Up?
  • My Secret Life as a Ping-Pong Wizard