My Dog's a Scaredy-Cat: A Halloween Tail

My Dog's a Scaredy-Cat: A Halloween Tail (Hank Zipzer #10)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  176 ratings  ·  10 reviews
On Halloween day, Hank comes to school dressed in what he thinks is the perfect costume-a table in an Italian restaurant. Nick McKelty, the resident school bully (dressed in a total blood and guts costume), thinks Hank's costume is wimpy and that Hank wouldn't know how to be scary and gross if his life depended on it! So Hank decides to create the scariest haunted house ev...more
Published August 17th 2006 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published August 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about My Dog's a Scaredy-Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Dog's a Scaredy-Cat

My Dog's a Scaredy-Cat is about a 5th grade boy named Hank. In the beginning of the story Hank tells his two best friends that he is going to go to the Halloween Parade dressed as a table in a fancy Italian restraurant. Frankie and Ashley both try to talk Hank out of it but Hank is determined to be original. Hank talks to the reader throughout the story which really helps pull the reader into the story. Hank lets us know that he has learning challenges. As you read the story you see Hank struggl...more
Andrew
Sep 19, 2010 Andrew added it
Hank is in middle school and thinks he has the best costume of the year. Hank decides to dress up as italian resturant table. School bully Nick McKelty Started making fun of his costume. Thats when he got the idea of making a haunted house to scare the pants off of Nick. Before the haunted house was finished his grampa left. After the whole haunted house was done Nick came. First nick thoght it was lame than he thought that it was good but it wasnt scaring him. The when the fack spider landed on...more
Yasuko Takatsuki
2011.12.19 25503words
Victoria
Hank can't wait for Halloween. He's got this amazing idea for a costume......... a table cloth at a aItalian resturant. Even his bestfriends tell him that it isnt a good idea. But he does so anyway. So when the school bully teases Hank, Hank decides to put the trick in trick-or -treat for Nick.
10-11 Connor
Hank Zippzer is a great book writer for kids. All of his short books like this are always quick and easy to read. I always pick up one of his books whenever I don't know what to get!
I read this just before halloween and it was great!
Acton
Dec 14, 2010 Acton rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: ellie
I finished this book with a smile on my face. this book was funny and tells a good story. in the book he makes an awesome haunted house, when i was reading it i wished i had made it. i recomend this book for all ages!
Sharon
Danny chose this as his reading incentive award, because of the skeleton on the cover. It's his first chapter book, and we haven't gotten all the way through it. Mom doesn't care for some of the language.
Marblesaurus
Again I really enjoyed Hank's world. And what a nice grandpa he has!
Brett
Hank continues to be fun, funny, & appealing.
April Pope
April Pope marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Kenna
Kenna added it
Jul 17, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Mandi
Mandi marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Shirley
Shirley marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Anaaa
Anaaa marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Henry Winkler is instantly recognizable and admired by audiences of all ages for his role as the Fonz on the long-running series, Happy Days. In addition, he is an award-winning producer and director of family and children's programming. He is also the author of the critically-acclaimed Hank Zipzer series, which follows the everyday adventures of a bright boy with learning challenges.

Mr. Winkler...more
More about Henry Winkler...
Niagara Falls, Or Does It? (Hank Zipzer, #1) Holy Enchilada! (Hank Zipzer, #6) I Got a D in Salami Day of the Iguana The Night I Flunked My Field Trip