Start by marking “Holy Enchilada! (Hank Zipzer, #6)” as Want to Read:
Holy Enchilada! (Hank Zipzer, #6)

Holy Enchilada! (Hank Zipzer #6)

PS 87 is having multicultural week, and Ms. Adolf's class is putting on a "Foods from Around the World" luncheon. Hank is thrilled&150no reading, no outlining, and no review questions, just cooking! Hank makes enchiladas, and at the luncheon, Ms. Adolf piles her plate with lots of food. But after a few bites, her face turns bright red&150one of the dishes is ...more
Published August 19th 2004 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about Holy Enchilada!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holy Enchilada!

Sue Leatherman
Sep 10, 2015 Sue Leatherman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes we make judgments about a person based upon their looks, actions, speech and even their nationality. When we hear the word, disability, we might assume the person with a disability is weird or dumb. People from other countries are often considered peculiar and even unpleasant.

The Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary defines the word, stereotype, as, “[an] idea or image that many people have of a particular type of person or thing, but which is often not true in reality.” (1).

The sixth
Gort
Oct 02, 2016 Gort rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Non voluptas similique. Voluptas culpa quos itaque rerum asperiores ratione aut. Maxime dolores suscipit praesentium eaque itaque quis sed. Consequatur animi praesentium et nam.
Nov 01, 2008 Laura rated it it was amazing
This book was suggested to me by a friend and I can't believe I have never read any of this series! It is about a boy named Hank Zipzer who has learning disabilities. Hank is chosen to have a Japanese student named Yoshi stay at his apartment. People thought that Hank wouldn't be able to provide Yoshi with a good time, but in the end it turned out that boys are boys and enjoy the same things, regardless of culture. When the boys decide to make enchiladas for "international night", Hank misreads ...more
Autumn Cook
Sep 25, 2009 Autumn Cook rated it it was amazing
This was a really good book its about a 4th grade boy who has a kid named yoshi stay at his house for a school project.In the middle they have to bake enchiladas for the school.And hank doesnt really know how to read so instead of putting a 1/2 cup of chilie powder in he put as much as he think it needs.But the next day is when he brings in the enchiladas and he thinks there really spicey.Then he asks his teacher if she thought the enchiladas looked good and she said yes but she also says she ...more
Marblesaurus
Jul 17, 2011 Marblesaurus rated it it was amazing
This series is always good to read and this specific one is especially so because a Japnese boy was coming to Hank's school and he even stays with his family! I'm not very sure about the word 'Ikeru,' though. Maybe the author tried to translate the word 'cool.' Here again, Hank gets himself into trouble because he cannot say he has a problem reading something honestly. However, he is a lucky boy to have a lot of people to support him. After all he always tells the truth. And I like it very much. ...more
Debra Dahlgren Rowand
This was a Tween Book Club (ages 8-12) choice & is part of the Hank Zipzer series which is written by Henry Winkler (Fonzie). It's a really nice telling of Hank (or Henry as a boy)who navigates life with dyslexia. Hank is always getting into some type of scrape due to what he calls his "learning disability". This book focused on a multicultural theme and Hank's inability to read fractions causing him to add too much hot sauce to his enchilada recipe. Hank has very supportive family, friends ...more
Ashley
Feb 07, 2010 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hank Zipzer is a forth grade boy with a lot of personality. He isn’t perfect, has interesting pets and cool friends. Children can relate to a character that can’t always do everything right. In this story, Hank has trouble making enchiladas because he doesn’t understand the fractions in the recipe. It is a cute story about a boy who makes a mistake and has to own up to it. We learn about friendship and responsibility while laughing. I can see how elementary school students could fall in love ...more
Victoria
Jul 23, 2009 Victoria rated it it was amazing
IT'S MULTICULTURAL WEEK AT SCHOOL.SO ALL HANK HAS TO DO IS COOK SOME FOOD AND BRING IT TO SCHOOL. SOUNDS EASY. BUT WHEN HANK IS COOKING HE DOESN'T QUITE KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 1/3 CUP AND 3 CUPS. SO HE PUTS IN ANY OLD AMOUNT. BUT WHEN HE TAKES IT TO SCHOOL MS. ADOLF PILES HER PLATE HIGH WITH THEM. AND AS SOON AS SHE TAKES A BITE HER WHOLE MOUTH IS ON FIRE. NOW SHE IS PROPOSING TO TAKE AWAY THE CLASSES RECESS FOR THE E=WHOLE YEAR IF WHOEVER MADE THEM DOESN'T CONFESS.
Tal
Aug 05, 2008 Tal rated it it was ok
my boys would like this book. i thought it was just ok. there was an interesting storyline and i really like that the main character has "learning difficulties" that have to be worked around. there was one character who i thought was over the top and all of the other characters responded to him that way. that part of awful. the way the kids talked to the teacher was unbelievable. all in all, it was a fair read.
Mary Ann
Dec 17, 2008 Mary Ann rated it it was amazing
This is a fun book, perfect for the reluctant reader in 3rd or 4th grade. Hank is a kid who struggles at school, but is just a great kid - full of humor and great insights. He has trouble reading, and so when he and his friends are making a recipe for enchiladas, he gets mixed up with how to read the amount of chile powder to put in. Oops, those enchiladas turned out just a little too spicy!
Ann Jarcho
Jan 13, 2015 Ann Jarcho rated it it was amazing
Another great book, My 9 year old son and I read these together, we laugh the whole way through. I have even caught him say things during the rest of the day like "McKelty Factor" when he doesn't believe something he has heard. My son is being diagnosed with learning difficulties and I think these books has made him realize that he is normal too! thank you!!
Katrina
Jul 07, 2008 Katrina rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who like laughs
Recommended to Katrina by: No one in particular
This is a very funny book, and I enjoyed reading it. I think everyone who likes a good laugh should read this! A kid is making a plate of enchiladas for a school's celebration and he can't read the fraction! He thinks and just may be right he put too much chili powder into the enchiladas, and he doesn't think it'll go very well...
Cecilia
Jun 07, 2011 Cecilia rated it liked it
really funny! A littlekid's book like 3rd or fourth grader book! I read it in both grades! there's a lot of them and the good thing is you don't have to read them in order! They made me crack up on the floor!
Tori
Mar 18, 2009 Tori rated it it was amazing
This was funny! This book was very interesting because Yoshie was funny! I would like every kid to read it! It;s hilarious!
Laurie
Aug 21, 2010 Laurie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile
A great series by Henry Winkler about a likeable character with "learning differences." Fun adventures, good friends, easy reading. I will recommend this series to school-aged boys.
Squemmy
Oct 27, 2008 Squemmy rated it it was amazing
It's very funny. It even has a new special foriegn character! Hank Zipzer is one of the weirdest people you'll ever read about.
Brianna
Jan 23, 2009 Brianna rated it liked it
I giggled countless times while reading this book. However, a lot of the humor would go right over the heads of my students.
Erin Walling
Jun 25, 2009 Erin Walling rated it it was amazing
In this book Hank and his two best friends are trying to solve a problem , when suddenly hank is too HOT to handle.I really recomend this book.
Hannahj
Dec 02, 2010 Hannahj rated it really liked it
ok, well imma switch this over to "to-read" because im too busy with other books, so ill be finishing this later.
Begoña
Sep 08, 2009 Begoña rated it really liked it
I loved this book, it is really funny.
when i read it i couldnt stop reading it.
it is really interesting. I recommend this book
to everone. I enjoy it a lot!!
Wendy
Jun 13, 2013 Wendy rated it liked it
This is the first Hank Zipzer book that I have read to Jenny. We both enjoyed it, and she has now asked to read another!
Tafura Tasly
Tafura Tasly rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2010
Nicola Bramble
Nicola Bramble rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2013
Jia Yue
Jia Yue rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2015
Daolong
Daolong rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2013
Caylee
Caylee rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2015
Kimmie Martocci
Kimmie Martocci rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2014
Sam Martocci
Sam Martocci rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Aidan
Aidan rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2010
Annabel Morris
Annabel Morris rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2012
  • Adventure According to Humphrey (According to Humphrey, #5)
  • The Backward Bird Dog (Paperback)
  • Attack of the Tagger (Shredderman, #2)
  • Adam Canfield of the Slash
  • The Gold-Threaded Dress
  • Grace Stirs it Up
  • I, Freddy (The Golden Hamster Saga, #1)
  • Penguin Problems (The Life of Ty, #1)
  • Room One: A Mystery or Two
  • Phineas L. MacGuire . . . Erupts!: The First Experiment
  • My Name Is María Isabel
  • The Gold Cadillac
  • Lair of the Bat Monster (Dragonbreath, #4)
  • Noonie's Masterpiece
  • White Star: A Dog On The Titanic
  • The Red Thread: An Adoption Fairy Tale
  • Edgar Allan's Official Crime Investigation Notebook
  • Elvis & Olive
Henry Winkler is instantly recognizable and admired by audiences of all ages for his role as the Fonz on the long-running series, Happy Days. In addition, he is an award-winning producer and director of family and children's programming. He is also the author of the critically-acclaimed Hank Zipzer series, which follows the everyday adventures of a bright boy with learning challenges.

Mr. Winkler
More about Henry Winkler...

Hank Zipzer (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Niagara Falls, Or Does It? (Hank Zipzer, #1)
  • I Got a D in Salami
  • Day of the Iguana
  • The Zippity Zinger
  • The Night I Flunked My Field Trip
  • Help! Somebody Get Me Out of Fourth Grade
  • Summer School! What Genius Thought That Up?
  • My Secret Life as a Ping-Pong Wizard