Start by marking “The Music of What Happens (Cecil Younger, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Music of What Happens (Cecil Younger, #3)

The Music of What Happens (Cecil Younger #3)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A defense investigator working out of Sitka, in the Alaskan coastal archipelago, Cecil Younger walks a narrow line between the truth and what his clients pay him to find… The Music of What Happens.

Younger's got the child custody case from hell, and a client to match.Shrill, confrontational, and obsessed, Priscilla DeAngelo is sure her ex is conspiring with a state senator
Published February 3rd 1997 by Crimeline (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Music of What Happens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Music of What Happens

Laurie
Again Straley is a little weird but eventually I get into the story.
Leslie
This is the first Straley book I've read. The plot went places I didn't expect and I liked that the location was someplace I didn't know anything about. It took me a chapter or two to get into but I like writers with an odd style, a la Kate Atkinson, so this was very enjoyable. Plan to go read the rest of this series in order.
Matt Heavner
I remember Straley's other books were similar: starting out a bit slow, getting better, better, and still better, then they are over. I love the story placed in the crazy side of Alaskan life (Southeast, specifically). I loved the description of Tenakee in this book -- just like I remember our visits out there. If you love Southeast, this crazy story is a fun romp through the area.
Eliana
Apr 04, 2014 Eliana added it
Set in the Pacific Northwest, really well written mysteries.
Gordon Gravley
The third installment in Straley's Cecil Younger series. The defense investigator continues to struggle with his own demons as he looks for truth in the unforgiving, and often monstrous, environment of Alaska. A solid series.
Debbi
Easy read - good airplane read. Not great literature. Fun for me because it happens in Alaska.
Tim
Excellent (though a bit rustic/regional for my taste). Intelligent and entertaining writer.
George
George marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Elsie Klumpner
Elsie Klumpner marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Dawn Suter
Dawn Suter marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Sean Harrison
Sean Harrison marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Brianna Klutz
Brianna Klutz marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Novelist John Straley has worked as a secretary, horseshoer, wilderness guide, trail crew foreman, millworker, machinist and private investigator. He moved to Sitka, Alaska in 1977 and has no plans of leaving. John's wife, Jan Straley, is a marine biologist well-known for her extensive studies of humpback whales.
More about John Straley...
Cold Storage, Alaska The Woman Who Married a Bear (Cecil Younger, #1) The Curious Eat Themselves (Cecil Younger, #2) The Big Both Ways Death and the Language of Happiness (Cecil Younger, #4)