Phenomenon: Everything You Need to Know About the Paranormal

Phenomenon: Everything You Need to Know About the Paranormal

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  718 ratings  ·  34 reviews
For nearly 50 years, New York Times bestselling author Sylvia Browne has been giving millions of readers and listeners spiritual advice, psychic predictions, inspiration, and emotional connections to a world on "the other side." Now, in this fascinating A-Z compendium, Browne delivers to her fans a complete guide to all things paranormal, including: Atlantis -Where did it...more
Published September 1st 2005 by New American Library (first published January 16th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Phenomenon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phenomenon

Katie Wallace
Feb 20, 2008 Katie Wallace rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves the paranormal
Recommended to Katie by: a friend
I have read this book from front to back, it is set up like an encyclopedia but in her own words. I am a big fan of Sylvia as I am a fan of her ability's. I watch her on Montell and I believe that her insights have inspired me in many ways. To say about the book a bit, I will say that if anyone has any questions about the paranormal, the meanings for divination, the differences between a ghost and a spirit, so many things she discussed has a connection with all of us nomatter what belief you hav...more
Juanita Baltz
This is best thought of as a dictionary of paranormal terms. It is a nice reference when a word just needs a quick refesher. Enteries run from half a page to three pages and are written in Slyvia Brownes chatty friendly style
Jeff
Feb 01, 2008 Jeff rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Horrible, just horrible. Ten types of crazy. And the writing sucks, too. Just painful.
Denise
Sylvia writes a book this time in a different format. This is set up like a matter of fact A to Z dictionary of terms about the mystical/paranormal/afterlife, etc. Even if you're a skeptic or non-believer, Sylvia writes from a position of acceptance; being nonjudgemental. I read her first book years ago, and was captivated by her account of her near death experience, her spirit guide, and her journey to find answers about our spiritual lives. Whether you're Christian, Jewish, Catholic, Buddhist,...more
*•.♥.•*Sabrina Rutter*•.♥.•*
I wasn't really expecting to read a dictionary on all things paranormal, but that's exactly what this book is. Only Sylvia Browne could make that a pleasurable experience! I really enjoyed how she threw in her own opinions, and stories. This book might just be one of the best for someone with a newly sparked interest in all things spiritual/paranormal.
Ramona
I must say, I'm not fan of Sylvia (most psychic I find questionable), but she's converted me with this one. It's dictionary style so if you don't agree with the definition you can pass to the next.. very interesting and it's creeped me out. Life will be viewed in a different light by this reader!
Tara Bird
Very interesting things to think about that mirrors alot of other books of this sort say. Not sure I agree/believe in all of it and she says 'what can it hurt' quite a bit, but in my opinion, it could hurt spriritually trying some things. Still gives quite a bit to think about.
Ivan
Un libro que recoge muchísimos temas sobre el mundo del misterio. Recomendado para mantener un archivo personal
Melrose
Este libro define y describe muchas de las palabras que frecuentemente se utilizan en el mundo de lo paranormal. Por suerte, algunas de ellas se han convertido en parte del vocabulario corriente, pero otras son desconocidos o se emplean a menudo de manera errónea.
Lisa
I reference this book all the time for Life Themes and anytime I experience something or read about a phenomenon I want to get a little more information about. Love this book!
Crystal
Nov 26, 2008 Crystal rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who have an interest in the paranormal.
Recommended to Crystal by: self
Shelves: reference
Very information packed. If you are interested in the paranormal, this is the go-to book for all of your questions. You'll find yourself refering to it more than once.
Rusty
This book by Sylvia was a very good book. I couldn't put it down. It was informative and interesting. You will enjoy this book if you decide to read it.
Kristen Overton
Very interesting read. I love the broad scale knowledge that Sylvia adds to her books. Any interest in Metaphysics or the Paranormal, a fascinating book, overall.
Jared
makes you start believing in god more and less with religion. makes you want to appreciate life more and never go home and stay on this earth in your last incarnation.
Bridgett
Just an encyclopedia of Sylvia Browne's interpretations of the paranormal. Interesting, even if I'm not sure I agree on everything.
Bridgette Wahla
This book was PHENOMINAL (hehe)...really - it was everything you need to know about new age beliefs and the paranormal.
Emily
A great starter book for people interested in the paranormal or who just want to view the world a little differently
Natajia
Now this one i really liked.
Cant repeat stories from your other books if this is practically a dictionary.
Jess
I really enjoyed all the descriptions she uses regularily. Made it easier to understand her
Kellyttf
This explains In-depth about any questions you may have about the paranormal. Very interesting.
Paige
Jan 12, 2007 Paige rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal buffs
Shelves: non-fiction
Really interesting for anyone who is fascinated by the paranormal. What is "normal", really?
Michelle
This is a like a dictionary or enyclopedia of all things spirtual and psychic.
Nina
Excellent. All about ghosts and demons. Spooky but informative.
Susan
Good book. Can open your mind a little if it isn't already.
Rachael
very informative, clear and categorized nicely.....loved it
Kate Zirkle
Pretty good if you're into ghosts and whatnot.
Carrie Bostic
Great reference book from Sylvia Browne. :)
Ann
Good book, lots of different topics
Denise Halter
As always very interesting read.
  • Seeking Spirits: The Lost Cases of The Atlantic Paranormal Society
  • Angel Numbers
  • Bible Code II: The Countdown
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Ghosts & Hauntings : The Ultimate A-Z of Spirits, Mysteries and the Paranormal
  • Encyclopedia of Haunted Places: Ghostly Locales from Around the World
  • Paranormal State: My Journey into the Unknown
  • The Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits
  • Ghostly Encounters: True Stories of America's Haunted Inns and Hotels
  • Heaven and Earth: Making the Psychic Connection
  • Coast to Coast Ghosts: True Stories of Hauntings Across America
  • Ghosts: True Encounters with the World Beyond
  • Haunted America
Sylvia Browne is a number one New York Times–bestselling author and world-famous psychic. She has appeared regularly on The Montel Williams Show and Larry King Live and has made countless other media and public appearances. She is also the founder of a church, the Society of Novus Spiritus, which will celebrate its twenty-fifth anniversary in 2011.
More about Sylvia Browne...
The Other Side and Back Life on the Other Side: A Psychic's Tour of the Afterlife Past Lives, Future Healing Secrets & Mysteries of the World Adventures of a Psychic: The Fascinating and Inspiring True-Life Story of One of America's Most Successful Clairvoyants