The Whole Foods Market Cookbook: A Guide to Natural Foods with 350 Recipes

The Whole Foods Market Cookbook: A Guide to Natural Foods with 350 Recipes

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Who else but Whole Foods Market could create a cookbook so fresh, so appealing, so full of valuable information, and so perfect for the way we are all cooking and eating today? Bursting with winning recipes, healthful cooking advice, cheerful guidance through the new language of natural foods, wine and cheese information, and a comprehensive glossary, this is a “thank good...more
Published July 7th 2010 by Clarkson Potter (first published August 20th 2002)

Sara
I bought this cookbook 09/06/02 and I have just now decided to read it and cook from it. It's a very good cookbook. Good glossary and helpful hints. I'm not sure, though, that cooking with oat milk is preferable to cooking with soy milk.

The authors describe these luscious recipes in mouthwatering detail so that compensates for the lack of pictures. Tonight I made White Bean and Kale Gratin with English Farmhouse Cheddar and it was delectable. (Okay, I used Mexican Taco Cheese, but that's okay!)

A...more
Kellea
I think it was a great concept for the Whole Foods Market to create it's own cookbook. It makes going into the store less overwhelming and the recipes give you a goal to strive for in your quest to pursue a better eating lifestyle using healthier ingredients. The only downfall of this book is that there are too many words. I need pictures of the food. Otherwise, as I move towards shopping more at supermarkets like Whole Foods, I hope to add this cookbook to my bookshelf soon.
Deb
I have had this book sitting around for awhile. So far the things I have made from it have been good. I just pulled it out to see if my favorite WF prepared soup (Roasted Poblano Corn Chowder) was in it and found it.

Here's a post with the recipe: http://kahakaikitchen.blogspot.com/20...
Erika
EVery recipe made so far has had the right balance of flavors and is easy enough to prepare. No complaints from the kids and ingredients are not too obscure to find. Real ingredients: no velveeta or jello required.
Jess
I like this cookbook because it has all the recipes for the yummy dishes in the Whole Food deli. Plus it is pretty straight forward and involves a good amount of cheese.
Susan
Jul 07, 2008 Susan rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone interested in good food
One of my favorite cookbooks. I do 90% of my food shopping at Whole Foods Market and this book is a great compliment to their wonderful products.
Carol
Use this book all the time ~ love to look through it Saturday AM's w/ a cup of java :)
Dana
Totally awesome, fantastic cookbook! I check out a lot of cookbooks from the library, copy a few recipes and then return them. But, if the entire cookbook is fantastic and full of wonderful recipes like this one is, then I buy it. I don't own many cookbooks, but this one is now part of my collection. The recipes are totally delicious! Some of them require more work than I had anticipated, but the food gets rave reviews from whoever I serve it to. For example - the Savory Tomato Pesto Polenta rea...more
Robin
To be honest, I've had this cookbook for a while...maybe 8 years? But in my attempt to broaden my cooking skills and menus, I looked at this book again recently and found a few really good recipes that I hadn't used before! This book helped convince my bacon-loving husband that there are really good vegetarian recipes in the word which are satisfying and filling! The event that really prompted looking closely at this book was a free, garden-grown butternut squash offered by a volunteer who helps...more
Alicia
I was really disappointed. I was really hoping for more recipes from the deli that I recognized, but really only the sonoma chicken salad and the smoked mozerella penne salad were the only recipes I found that I actually wanted. And the vinegar for the penne salad needed to be cut more than half. With so many specialized ingredients, this cookbook is not very practical. The recipes you really want are probably already available online, as mine were.
Alex Ristea
Some tasty (and healthy!) recipes in here, broken up into smart categories.

My only gripe is that some of these ingredients are tough to find at a regular grocery store.

Personal favourite is the Bistro Bow Tie Salad.
Mrs.
This book was really disappointing. I was expecting the recipes for some of my favorite dishes at Whole Foods, but no dice. Zip. The recipes I did try ended up rather tasteless and I had to doctor the dishes up a lot.
Rachel
This book has a lot of helpful tips and the recipes were excellent. I have made several of the recipes for potlucks and people raved about them, especially the lemon-lime bars.
Jessy
Really good recipes and fairly simple to make. But I felt that the recipes were poorly written and sometimes hard to follow.
Monica
Amazing recipes. I use this book weekly. LOVE the pistachio lime mole enchiladas, Kung Pao Tofu, etc.
M.tirshman
Wide range of great recipes and new ideas on how to prepare many different dishes
Natalia
the "labor of love" cheesecake is amazing! note: i used vegan sour cream.
Elizabeth Coble
Recommend the cilantro lime rice.
Beka
No pictures and lots of ingredients I can't easily get a hold of.
Aili
good recipes, the one for spinach artichoke dip is my favorite.
Lesleyann
Natural foods, healthful cooking advice.
Cindy
I enjoyed the references for grains.
Patty Sandifer-Baskin
Patty Sandifer-Baskin marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Ginnie Grant
Ginnie Grant marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Sle1784853
Sle1784853 marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Greens Cookbook: Extraordinary Vegetarian Cuisine from the Celebrated Restaurant
  • Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook
  • Emeril's TV Dinners: Kickin' It Up A Notch With Recipes From Emeril Live And Essence Of Emeril
  • The Healthy Kitchen: Recipes for a Better Body, Life, and Spirit
  • The New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook
  • Passionate Vegetarian
  • The Italian Slow Cooker
  • Madhur Jaffrey's World-of-the-East Vegetarian Cooking
  • Love Soup: 160 All-New Vegetarian Recipes from the Author of The Vegetarian Epicure
  • Cooking with All Things Trader Joe's Cookbook
  • The Frugal Gourmet Cooks American
  • The Breakfast Book
  • The Book Lover's Cookbook
  • Seductions of Rice
  • The Best of Cooking Light: Over 500 of Our All-Time Greatest Recipes
  • The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook: Create Delicious Dairy-Free Cheese Substititues and Classic "Uncheese" Dishes
  • The Modern Vegetarian Kitchen
  • Authentic Mexican 20th Anniversary Ed: Regional Cooking from the Heart of Mexico
The American Diabetes Association Vegetarian Cookbook: Satisfying, Bold, and Flavorful Recipes from the Garden Sizzle and Smoke: The Ultimate Guide to Grilling for Diabetes, Prediabetes, and Heart Health